Onto week 5!

CommonCents

Another win, 4-0 but lost Cook and Carson. My running back depth was the fuel for my early season fire! It will be intresting to see how all the injuries shake out. I still have Hunt/Gurley but not much else.

I might try a waiver on that rookie for the Jets. Getting off to a good start is nice but it's killer on the waiver priorities when the injuries hit. I let Kamara go last week and in hindsight that looks terribly stupid.

Is anyone excited about the time shares in Minni and Seattle? What about Cinci? Giants? All these teams need a RB to take the reigns but I'm not sure I can pick one with any confidence.

Cook has been my only reliable back. I drafted Mixon with the expectation that he moves into a starting role by about now and Jacquizz with the idea that he'll get me a few good weeks while Mixon moves into that role. So, I do feel OK with Mixon moving forward but now I don't have Cook. I have had several failed attempts to get a guy on waivers and I'm not sure who to target now either. Looking at Latavius rom MIN, Lacy from SEA, Gallman from NYG, and Ellington from AZ. I'm also thinking about putting in a claim for Jones in GB but that's for a week's worth of play maybe.

On top of that I was planning on making Cook my keeper but I don't know if I can afford to keep him on the bench with all of my instability at the RB position.

I'm more than likely going 2-2 at the least this week.

Need Kelce to have a good showing tonight, need 13.7 from him in .5 ppr. (10 man league)

Along with Pryor to have a decent night as well. The only problem is that my opponent has Cousins. So, I'm not even sure if it is obtainable to win now.

If it does happen, I'll be 3-1 for the week across 4 leagues.

Currently tied for 1st in my 10 man league (Thank god for Gurley) and in 4th in my 14 man league.

I'm at 4-0, but my RB's have been mostly a mess. I too had Carson (picked him up week 2) and felt smart for doing so...but now he is gone. The only silver lining for me, maybe, is that Doug Martin returns this week. My other running backs are Mixon, Rob Kelley, Jonathan Stewart and CJ Anderson. Anderson is the only one who has been fairly reliable, but he is on the bye this week.

If you had to pick 2 to start this week, from this bunch, who would you pick:

Doug Martin (vs New England)

Jonathan Stewart (@Detroit)

Joe Mixon (vs Buffalo)

I don't really like any of these matchups, though I am leaning toward Martin and Stewart...what do you think?

I'm at 4-0, but my RB's have been mostly a mess. I too had Carson (picked him up week 2) and felt smart for doing so...but now he is gone. The only silver lining for me, maybe, is that Doug Martin returns this week. My other running backs are Mixon, Rob Kelley, Jonathan Stewart and CJ Anderson. Anderson is the only one who has been fairly reliable, but he is on the bye this week.

If you had to pick 2 to start this week, from this bunch, who would you pick:

Doug Martin (vs New England)

Jonathan Stewart (@Detroit)

Joe Mixon (vs Buffalo)

I don't really like any of these matchups, though I am leaning toward Martin and Stewart...what do you think?

I'd roll Martin/Stewart. Mixon could have a good game but they still have 3 backs they use and unless it's a must play I'm not going against the Bills.

Minus Cook/Carson

Dak/Jameis

Gurley/Hunt

Evans/Benjamin/Parker

Ebron/Reed

Reed is on a buy so I'm going Ebron, undecided on QB. Averaging 120 a week but the injuries are going to hurt. All I have on the bench for WR is Thielen.

Might put a claim in for Alfred Morris he is on the wire and the Zeke decision should be soon.

Oh man...Gurley and Hunt? Your safe at RB! Both those guys look phenomenal so far!

You have a real good team. I have Jamies Winston too...I have been really high on the Bucs...but even if they don't live up to the hype, Winston is going to put up his numbers. Just too many weapons on that team! I had the 3rd pick in our draft, so I was kind of painted in to a corner and "had" to take Antonio Brown...but I actually really had my heart set on getting Mike Evans a few picks later...didn't happen. I'm happy with Brown (though a bad week this past week), but I think Evans might be the true "best" receiver in the NFL right now. Benjamin isn't too shabby either, especially with Olson out for the Panthers..love your team!

I'm 1-4 now. Lost Carson and Cook and only lost this past week's matchup by .3 points amazingly. I picked up Lacy off waivers, and I still have Gillislee, Mixon, and Blount. My WR's are trash though. Jordy Nelson is my only good one. I though Brandon Marshall was going to soar this year, but he has been on my bench the past couple weeks in favor of guys like Tyrell Williams and Allen Hurns. I am really starting to dislike FF.

Currently in 4 leagues: two that are 10 man leagues(one yahoo non ppr and one ESPN .5 ppr), one 12 man league and one 14 man league:

In my ESPN 10 man league, I currently hold first place at 3-1 this is my best team with Dak, Shady, Gurley, Kelce, Landry, Thielen, and swapping flexes between Gilli and Tyrell Williams each week.

My 14 man league is my big money league: Standard I'm 2-2 both losses have been by a combined 7 points. My WR's lack of production has been hurting me. Open to suggestions. BTW it's impossible to make trades, even when I'm willing to throw Miller at people for a flex/WR3 no one is biting due to the lack of depth due to the number of teams in the league.

My current roster is:

QB - Rodgers

RB1- Shady

RB2- Lamar Miller

WR- K. Benjamin

WR2- Torrey Smith(waiver wire pick-up) figured with Peterson being on Jeffery he could see some production this week.

TE- Delanie Walker

Flex- Adam Humphries (waiver wire pick-up) figured he had a solid week last week and is going against the worst passing defense in the league atm.

Def- Jets since they're going against the feeble browns.

K- Prater

Bench-

WR- Pryor - Bye

QB- Wentz

RB- Prosise

RB- McGuire

WR- Kupp

Edited by Captain Murica

Currently in 4 leagues: two that are 10 man leagues(one yahoo non ppr and one ESPN .5 ppr), one 12 man league and one 14 man league:

In my ESPN 10 man league, I currently hold first place at 3-1 this is my best team with Dak, Shady, Gurley, Kelce, Landry, Thielen, and swapping flexes between Gilli and Tyrell Williams each week.

My 14 man league is my big money league: Standard I'm 2-2 both losses have been by a combined 7 points. My WR's lack of production has been hurting me. Open to suggestions. BTW it's impossible to make trades, even when I'm willing to throw Miller at people for a flex/WR3 no one is biting due to the lack of depth due to the number of teams in the league.

My current roster is:

QB - Rodgers

RB1- Shady

RB2- Lamar Miller

WR- K. Benjamin

WR2- Torrey Smith(waiver wire pick-up) figured with Peterson being on Jeffery he could see some production this week.

TE- Delanie Walker

Flex- Adam Humphries (waiver wire pick-up) figured he had a solid week last week and is going against the worst passing defense in the league atm.

Def- Jets since they're going against the feeble browns.

K- Prater

Bench-

WR- Pryor - Bye

QB- Wentz

RB- Prosise

RB- McGuire

WR- Kupp

I like Brice Butler for Dallas, he is going to get more snaps sooner than later.

Need help ASAP with a trade proposal I received today.

Here is my current team:

QB

Watson

Stafford

RB

Mixon

Gallman

Eli McGuire

Cook :(

WR

Evans

Thomas

Ja. Brown

Watkins

TE

Reed

Bennett

Currently looking to save Cook as my keeper for next year but I have an obvious weakness at RB and strength at WR. I released Jacquizz and have a waiver claim in for Rawls as it sounds like he might get another chance at a role in the Hawks offense.

I have been proposed the following trade:

Evans and Thomas for Gurley, Tyreek Hill and Will Fuller.

I'm tempted because it brings me a stud and relative stability at that position but at the same time it puts my team's strength into a ?? Hill is a weekly play but he's boom or bust numbers wise and I still worry if he and his build can withstand a whole year. Fuller is a matchup-based start.

At the same time if any of my specs pan out (fingers crossed for Gallman) or I can find another back on waivers if injuries mount elsewhere I'm right back in it.

What do you all think? Take the trade or no?

Need help ASAP with a trade proposal I received today.

Here is my current team:

QB

Watson

Stafford

RB

Mixon

Gallman

Eli McGuire

Cook :(

WR

Evans

Thomas

Ja. Brown

Watkins

TE

Reed

Bennett

Currently looking to save Cook as my keeper for next year but I have an obvious weakness at RB and strength at WR. I released Jacquizz and have a waiver claim in for Rawls as it sounds like he might get another chance at a role in the Hawks offense.

I have been proposed the following trade:

Evans and Thomas for Gurley, Tyreek Hill and Will Fuller.

I'm tempted because it brings me a stud and relative stability at that position but at the same time it puts my team's strength into a ?? Hill is a weekly play but he's boom or bust numbers wise and I still worry if he and his build can withstand a whole year. Fuller is a matchup-based start.

At the same time if any of my specs pan out (fingers crossed for Gallman) or I can find another back on waivers if injuries mount elsewhere I'm right back in it.

What do you all think? Take the trade or no?

Gurley is basically producing the same as two running backs. I would take it for Gurley and as like another poster stated hope Fuller or Hill are consistent. Fuller showed promise in his season debut with two touchdowns.

Gurley is basically producing the same as two running backs. I would take it for Gurley and as like another poster stated hope Fuller or Hill are consistent. Fuller showed promise in his season debut with two touchdowns.

I get it. But I think both guys are boom or bust. Same goes with Sammy. Jaron Brown is steady with targets. I have no receivers. I dropped Corey Davis because I had no choice last week and needed to shore up other positions. I suppose I can pick him back up. Just worry that I am trading a huge strength away.

Update though, he added Charles Clay. I can finally ditch Martellus Bennett.

I get it. But I think both guys are boom or bust. Same goes with Sammy. Jaron Brown is steady with targets. I have no receivers. I dropped Corey Davis because I had no choice last week and needed to shore up other positions. I suppose I can pick him back up. Just worry that I am trading a huge strength away.

Update though, he added Charles Clay. I can finally ditch Martellus Bennett.

I feel ya, I have the same issue in one of my leagues. I have crap WRs and can't even trade the likes of Lamar Miller for Hogan in a standard league.

Took the trade. New angle is to find Corey Davis and re-claim him from waivers. Stash him for when he's healthy.

For this week I'm starting Tyreek Hill and Jaron Brown at WR... who do I flex?

Options:

Sammy Watkins

Wayne Gallman

Will Fuller

Eli McGuire

Edited by Big C

Took the trade. New angle is to find Corey Davis and re-claim him from waivers. Stash him for when he's healthy.

For this week I'm starting Tyreek Hill and Jaron Brown at WR... who do I flex?

Options:

Sammy Watkins

Wayne Gallman

Will Fuller

Eli McGuire

That is tough, I had Fuller and didn't start him and regret it. I wouldn't start Gallman. Sammy is the big name but he's going against Seattle and they are still solid except when covering the slot WR.

I'd probably go Fuller but what do I know?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.