Any previous teams Bills team reminds you of? I've got one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to dump Glenn??? Crazy talk.

Why can't Dawkins be as good as Glenn, if not better? The Bills overpaid Cordy Glenn. He is a good but not great offensive tackle. He is injured a lot. And does not dominate many D lineman. For whatever reason, he has been elevated to legendary status by the media and Bills fans for some unknown reason. Would you be seriously devasted if we were able to trade him for fair value? I am liking what Dion Dawkins is bringing to the table at left tackle. Now rt tackle is another story. Mills is pretty rough.

This Bills team reminds me some of the 2003 Panthers that played the Patriots in the most underrated Super Bowl ever. They came out of nowhere and went 13-3 that year w Jake Delhome at QB. (The cajun gunner)

I love our defense. Everyone is playing well. Poyer and Hyde are perfect fits for this scheme. As are Gaines and White. Is there a better secondary right now then ours?

2001 Dick Jaurons Chicago Bears

- Surprising breakout season

- the league's top defense

- 13-3 Record

- I recall that team be very limited on Offense in regards to "star power" and average QB numbers

- A ferocious defense that provided turnovers and points that helped flip games.

I would be really happy if 2017bills=2001bears...Who knows long road ahead

Not a Bills team, but2012-2015 Seahawks. Great D kept them in every game despite mediocre production on O.

This D is playing well. I don't see them as in the same class as that dominating , physically punishing outfit you're referring to .

- 13-3 Record

- I recall that team be very limited on Offense in regards to "star power" and average QB numbers

- A ferocious defense that provided turnovers and points that helped flip games.

ahh.. Dick Jauron's one good season in the NFL that help him land his gig in Buffalo. I wish that season never happened.

I like what I've seen so far with McD and how he is rubbing off in a positive way on the team. hard working and always looking to get better. motivational.

early, but impressive none the less.

Sean McVay, Deshaun Watson lead NFL bandwagons to hop on

4) Sean McDermott's Buffalo Bills

Like the Rams, the Bills suddenly have a real coach and it's awesome. Rex Ryan ran an undisciplined clown show in Buffalo. McDermott's team is buttoned-up and playing great. During the offseason, I touched on the 2017 Bills' potential to surprise, but never in a million years expected they'd begin October alone in first place. Heck, they are one Zay Jones catch (or Tyrod Taylor throw) in Carolina away from being 4-0!

Winning at Atlanta was a statement to the rest of the NFL. I don't want to hear about Falcons injuries and Julio Jones getting nicked. I don't want to hear about the officials. The Falcons had more talent on the field, yet Buffalo stormed Atlanta's gorgeous new building and beat the home team. And the Billsappropriately sealed the deal with a defensive stand at the end. That's McDermott's specialty. That's a fantastic 23-17 win.

Tyrod Taylor has been very solid. LeSean McCoy has bought in and played quite well. And the future is incredibly bright, with a whole bunch of draft picks stockpiled for 2018 and beyond. Remember when everyone claimed this team was tanking?

Buffalo is winning now and primed for the future. A legit plan and coach in Buffalo. What a concept

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855288/article/sean-mcvay-deshaun-watson-lead-nfl-bandwagons-to-hop-on

• 0ap1000000053195.jpg
  • By Adam Schein
  • NFL.com Columnist
  • Published: Oct. 2, 2017

oh and I disagree with the OP. although some like to make comparisons, I see no real comparison of the two. McD is his own man, running it his way. I like that.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

- 13-3 Record

I seriously hope not. That Bears team was the luckiest team in the history of sports... until they got absolutely demolished in their first playoff game.

Why can't Dawkins be as good as Glenn, if not better? The Bills overpaid Cordy Glenn. He is a good but not great offensive tackle. He is injured a lot. And does not dominate many D lineman. For whatever reason, he has been elevated to legendary status by the media and Bills fans for some unknown reason. Would you be seriously devasted if we were able to trade him for fair value? I am liking what Dion Dawkins is bringing to the table at left tackle. Now rt tackle is another story. Mills is pretty rough.

You are wrong. Glenn is a top flight LT. The 2nd best player on the team abd we did most definitely not overpay him.

The structure of Glenn's deal virtually ensures that he will remain with the team through at least the first two seasons of the contract, and very likely through the first three seasons of his deal. Because Glenn's entire 2017 salary is guaranteed and $8 million of his 2018 salary is guaranteed (although the conditions of that guarantee were not made clear in NFLPA records), it is unlikely the team will cut ties with Glenn before 2019.

Just need to get him and Darius back on the field.

You are wrong. Glenn is a top flight LT. The 2nd best player on the team abd we did most definitely not overpay him.

I'd have to agree that he is only average and overpaid for 2017 and 2018 but after that he becomes a bargain. From ESPN Rodak in May 2016:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/24629/bills-deal-with-cordy-glenn-considered-among-most-player-friendly

Here are the details of his deal:

2017 SEASON

Base salary: $9 million (guaranteed)

Signing bonus proration: $3.2 million

Roster bonus: $2 million

Cap number: $14.2 million

2018 SEASON

Base salary: $9.25 million ($8 million guaranteed)

Cap number: $14.45 million

2019 SEASON

Base salary: $7.25 million

Cap number: $12.45 million

2020 SEASON

Base salary: $7.5 million

Cap number: $12.7 million

2011 49ers. New coach with a solid team oriented Defense. Good RB in Gore and great TE in Davis- weak at WR and a semi mobile game mgr QB who didn't throw picks

Crabtree was a WR on that 49ers team and very underrated. He was good

The Chiefs of recent years are probably the best analogue. They showcase a defense that isn't exactly loaded with star talent, but rather focuses on scheme and execution (they run a lot more dime and nickel than a typical 3-4). They run a low-risk offense that's based around the run where the priority is not making mistakes and not turning the ball over. That's what we've seen so far from our team this year.

This Bills team reminds me some of the 2003 Panthers that played the Patriots in the most underrated Super Bowl ever. They came out of nowhere and went 13-3 that year w Jake Delhome at QB. (The cajun gunner)

I love our defense. Everyone is playing well. Poyer and Hyde are perfect fits for this scheme. As are Gaines and White. Is there a better secondary right now then ours?

I like this one!