USA Today article on Bills

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/nfl-bills-rams-sean-mcvay-sean-mcdermott-rex-ryan-jeff-fisher

Not too long ago, Rex Ryan and Jeff Fisher were two of the most successful and well-respected head coaches in the NFL. By the end of the 2016 season, both had squandered all of that goodwill after turning talented rosters in Los Angeles and Buffalo into mediocre teams.

The Bills and Rams came to their senses at the end of last season and canned their respective coaches. But firing a bad coach only matters if the move is followed up with the hiring of a good on. Based on the early returns, both Buffalo and Los Angeles did that this offseason and now both are sitting atop their divisions at 3-1 after pulling upset wins in Week 4.

That the Bills and Rams are enjoying success is somehow both surprising and unsurprising. I praised the Bills for the Sean McDermott hiring when the move was announced. I also picked the Rams as my playoff sleeper back in August because of their hiring of Sean McVay. But even as someone who was high on both coaches, I did not expect the two teams to be this good this soon. I underestimated the impact of replacing a bad coach with a good one.

I can't disagree with any of his takes...Rams have been underperforming for a few years and with Goff's emergence, that offense has serious weapons all over the field.

Bills are going to really have their depth tested with injuries piling up, it's not going to be easy to keep winning unless Beane restocks the cupboard from somewhere.