Perennial bottom dwellers finding success with rookie HC's

Rams with McV

Bills with McD

Both 3-1 and proving the critics wrong (yes, it's early) and yet the 2 can't be more different. Rams with explosive offense and the Bills with the stifling D.

I'm happy for the Rams success thus far even though they poached our homegrown WRs. What I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is all the love the Rams are getting compared to the Bills. The so called pundits are actually including them in the same category as the upper echelon teams. The Bills are getting the usual lets wait and see. When you consider the quality of opponent so far it really isn't close. The Bills have been the more impressive team.

Rams beat the Colts, Niners and Cowboys giving up 9, 39, and 30 points. Losing to the Skins who scored 27

Bills beat the Jets, Broncos and Falcons giving up 12, 16 and 17 points. Losing to Carolina who scored 9

I know in some circles the Bills receive the props they deserve. Just tired of the old "its what the opponent did wrong" instead of "what the Bills did right".

Many like the flying under the radar label. They feel the team plays better with a chip on the shoulder. It's all good.

One thing I like is we are finally seeing the benefit of the call from some refs and that is a direct reflection of the discipline McD has instilled on this team. Without the rep of being a team with constant stupid penalties and refs are starting to swallow the whistle that much more in our favor.

Either way I'm sure everyone is pleased with the direction and with the play thus far. And with a boatload of picks coming the future looks bright. GO BILLS!!

Rams with McV

Bills with McD

Both 3-1 and proving the critics wrong (yes, it's early) and yet the 2 can't be more different. Rams with explosive offense and the Bills with the stifling D.

Rams beat the Colts, Niners and Cowboys giving up 9, 39, and 30 points. Losing to the Skins who scored 27

You said it yourself. They beat the Cowboys. That makes national headlines.

Not surprising.

existing head coaches are like veteran starters, they have plenty of film in which teams can analyze and build game plans to combat but new head coaches don't so opposing teams are shooting from the hip.

The real proof will be at week 5-6+. At that point there is enough film covering enough situations that opposing teams can dial in their coverages and game plans.