Derek Carr - Emotional? Or a Jerk?

Gugny

Back spasms suuuuuck.

No defining injury for me, but pretty sure the service industry slowly borked up my back and hips. Long hours, lots of standing, improper footwear, young and not paying attention to that sorta thing.

So....why is Carr a dick?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back spasms suuuuuck.

No defining injury for me, but pretty sure the service industry slowly borked up my back and hips. Long hours, lots of standing, improper footwear, young and not paying attention to that sorta thing.

So....why is Carr a dick?

I imagine if you serviced multiple people at the same time your back would eventually give out.

I don't know much about Carr outside of the field, but as someone who has had back spasms before they can be unbearable to the point you just lay down and don't move because its the only way your somewhat comfortable.

Humber breaks his hand and comes back into the game.

I have no doubt that back spasms hurt. I'm not trivializing the severity of the pain.

But a broken hand hurts just as bad, I'm sure. And he went back out there.

"At first, you're like, 'Oh my gosh, what the heck?' But you kind of give it a little bit and let as much of the pain wear off as it can and go from there. I tried to come in and let [trainers] work on it. I tried to throw and those kinds of things. It just wasn't ready yet -- not saying it won't be [ready next week]. It just wasn't ready today. I tried to do anything I could to be back out there, but I just couldn't."

What is it with these young players having to proclaim that they're not going in until they say they're ready? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

EDIT: And who the hell says, "oh my gosh, what the heck?" Fake ass.

Frank Reich

You can read that in a few ways. Initially, I read it as though fans wouldn't care what it is. They'll just want him out there winning.

They might want EJ out there based on the performances of the two this season...Carr has been brutal the last two weeks

I think we all know why Gugny has a dislike for Carr. It's not the spasms, or the coach or the baby boys. Carr plays ahead of EJ.

We all witnessed (if you watched the Raiders game) what EJ Manuel looks like as a starter. He is who we thought he was.

Oddly I feel the need to defend EJ's game a little on Sunday.

EJ started 8/8 and on his 9th throw he threw a fantastic TD that Cook dropped. Now 8/9, his 10th throw was a first down throw dropped by Cooper (I think it was Cooper). Now 8/10, his 11th throw was a gorgeous pass to Cook into the end zone for another TD, except Cook dropped his 2nd TD within 3 passes on the same drive, right through his hands.

If Cook catches EITHER of those, the Raiders only need a FG to win on the final drive where they had over 3 minutes left. Instead, they have to take the FG on 4th down and make it a 6 point game instead of a 2 point game had it been a TD.

Having no timeouts, the Raiders had to press and try and push the ball downfield and EJ through a high point ball downfield to what is SUPPOSED to be an Elite WR (I capitalized SUPPOSED because Cooper is having a terrible season overall with 8 drops already including 2 TD drops on the same drive a couple weeks ago) and yet he got out jumped by a smaller DB for the INT. In fact, I actually thought Cooper made a weak effort to go get that ball or prevent the INT.

No defense for bad EJ in Buffalo, he just didn't get it done here, but his teammates let him down and lost that game for him Sunday. In fact, had Cook caught that TD its pretty likely the Raiders win that game on the comeback.

Edited by Alphadawg7

"At first, you're like, 'Oh my gosh, what the heck?' But you kind of give it a little bit and let as much of the pain wear off as it can and go from there. I tried to come in and let [trainers] work on it. I tried to throw and those kinds of things. It just wasn't ready yet -- not saying it won't be [ready next week]. It just wasn't ready today. I tried to do anything I could to be back out there, but I just couldn't."

What is it with these young players having to proclaim that they're not going in until they say they're ready? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

EDIT: And who the hell says, "oh my gosh, what the heck?" Fake ass.

??????????? Yeah, let's have him swear when kids are looking up to him. And he is right, Del Rio should not be saying anything about what the injury was if Carr does not know himself. Not quite sure why anyone would have ANY issues with anything he said.

Oddly I feel the need to defend EJ's game a little on Sunday.

EJ started 8/8 and on his 9th throw he threw a fantastic TD that Cook dropped. Now 8/9, his 10th throw was a first down throw dropped by Cooper (I think it was Cooper). Now 8/10, his 11th throw was a gorgeous pass to Cook into the end zone for another TD, except Cook dropped his 2nd TD within 3 passes on the same drive, right through his hands.

If Cook catches EITHER of those, the Raiders only need a FG to win on the final drive where they had over 3 minutes left. Instead, they have to take the FG on 4th down and make it a 6 point game instead of a 2 point game had it been a TD.

Having no timeouts, the Raiders had to press and try and push the ball downfield and EJ through a high point ball downfield to what is SUPPOSED to be an Elite WR (I capitalized SUPPOSED because Cooper is having a terrible season overall with 8 drops already including 2 TD drops on the same drive a couple weeks ago) and yet he got out jumped by a smaller DB for the INT. In fact, I actually thought Cooper made a weak effort to go get that ball or prevent the INT.

No defense for bad EJ in Buffalo, he just didn't get it done here, but his teammates let him down and lost that game for him Sunday. In fact, had Cook caught that TD its pretty likely the Raiders win that game on the comeback.

Ill advised throw, one INT, no TD's, 57 passer rating. Can't blame receivers for everything. Just my opinion.

Ill advised throw, one INT, no TD's, 57 passer rating. Can't blame receivers for everything. Just my opinion.

This is why you DONT look at the stat box to see what happened in a game.

I literally just painted you a play by play of exactly what happened. Starting 8 for 8 and having 3 straight drops by WRs right in their hands, 2 of which are for TDs equals blaming the WR's. They 100% are the reason they lost the game...its not even debatable.