Derek Carr - Emotional? Or a Jerk?

Gugny

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20887809/oakland-raiders-quarterback-derek-carr-leaves-game-lower-back-injury

Some comments he made really took me aback.

"I think he just got roughed up there," Del Rio said. "He got tackled, and something caused his back to spasm up. I didn't see much that would indicate that he would be injured, but his back spasmed up, so that's what it was."

Told that Del Rio said it was a spasm, Carr said, "I'm glad he knows. That's awesome."

"It won't be fun," Carr said of the flight back to Oakland. "But at the end of the day, no one really cares. I'll do my best to get comfortable, but as soon as I see my two baby boys, it will feel a little bit better."

I don't know boo about the guy, but he comes off as a dick, to me.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20887809/oakland-raiders-quarterback-derek-carr-leaves-game-lower-back-injury

Some comments he made really took me aback.

"I think he just got roughed up there," Del Rio said. "He got tackled, and something caused his back to spasm up. I didn't see much that would indicate that he would be injured, but his back spasmed up, so that's what it was."

Told that Del Rio said it was a spasm, Carr said, "I'm glad he knows. That's awesome."

"It won't be fun," Carr said of the flight back to Oakland. "But at the end of the day, no one really cares. I'll do my best to get comfortable, but as soon as I see my two baby boys, it will feel a little bit better."

I don't know boo about the guy, but he comes off as a dick, to me.

Most definitely. Loving husband and father. Total bag of dicks.

I think we all know why Gugny has a dislike for Carr. It's not the spasms, or the coach or the baby boys. Carr plays ahead of EJ.

We all witnessed (if you watched the Raiders game) what EJ Manuel looks like as a starter. He is who we thought he was.

Um I see nothing wrong here. Glad he knows might just be Carr expressing his uncertainty of the injury.

And someone's kids is always a positive thing, especially for these guys who spend so much time away from their families.

"Glad he knows," is arrogant sarcasm.

I have no issue with what he said about his kids.

It's the "no one really cares," comment.

I guess I should have bolded the parts I was talking about. I forgot my audience.

Carr is saying Del Rio shouldn't speculate like an idiot, he's a piece of meat and they'll want him back out there ASAP, and seeing his baby boys will soothe the pain. I have no problem with anything he said.

Carr was so intent on tidying up that day, on Oct. 25, 2015, that by the time Jones saw him, the quarterback had two armfuls of wrappers, plastic cups and discarded beer bottles.

“He was about to go out on the field and he was looking for a trash can. He couldn’t find one,” Jones recalled.

“I said, ‘Derek, why don’t you let me take care of that? I know you have to go play the second half.’ He just looked at me, like, ‘Thank you’ and ran out to the field.”

Kind of Anti Raider no?

dont know the guy but he had the NFL turned upside down last year with that offense then he gets hurt and they crash n burn.

now its a rocky start to this season and he might be looking at more weeks off and its probably killing the guy.

definitely sounds like a jerk there but it might not be his usual self.

"At first, you're like, 'Oh my gosh, what the heck?' But you kind of give it a little bit and let as much of the pain wear off as it can and go from there. I tried to come in and let [trainers] work on it. I tried to throw and those kinds of things. It just wasn't ready yet -- not saying it won't be [ready next week]. It just wasn't ready today. I tried to do anything I could to be back out there, but I just couldn't."

What is it with these young players having to proclaim that they're not going in until they say they're ready? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

EDIT: And who the hell says, "oh my gosh, what the heck?" Fake ass.

Edited by Gugny