We Need Depth at RB

LA Grant

I like Mike Tolbert as the change of pace back, and he's a great role player. I'm happy with DiMarco as FB.

But you can't have only those 3 dressed. Hopefully they add a guy this week because if Shady goes down for any length of time, we can't rely on Tolbert alone.

DeAngelo Williams is available...

Agree. There was a series when Shady came out with a wrist, then Tolbert was banged up and came out after the next play, and I quickly became uncomfortable. They ought to be able to find someone to come in for a look. What's Trent Richardson up to?

Edited by Willyville Guy

If Ryan Matthews can pass a physical, he needs to be on the roster tomorrow...

edit - Just read he had a neck injury, but passed a physical before Philly released him.

He and D'Angelo would be on my short list.

If they saw that much of J Will and decided not to keep him, then I'm all set with him too... This staff had seen him all TC, and determined he just wasn't worth a roster spot. Maybe Banyard can be our McKissic. All I know is Dimarco should never touch the football.

Edited by ThunderGun

I think McDermott honestly really likes Tolbert in a 4 quarter role. As fans it's nauseating...

But as a coach i can see why he does it. He really does grind the defense down slowly and some nice holes were opening late in the game because we grinded them down

It would be nice to have another viable running threat though

they will just activate the BarnYardDawg. He can represent.

Beane is taking the trendy "any back will do" approach, and staying thin at rb until the need arises to bring in more depth.

I wonder what Beane would have done with the TD Mike tender. I think Whaley/overdorf screwed up there. They gave Dareus 16m per year but wouldnt pay Mike G 2 million.

If Ryan Matthews can pass a physical, he needs to be on the roster tomorrow...

edit - Just read he had a neck injury, but passed a physical before Philly released him.

He and D'Angelo would be on my short list.

If they saw that much of J Will and decided not to keep him, then I'm all set with him too... This staff had seen him all TC, and determined he just wasn't worth a roster spot. Maybe Banyard can be our McKissic. All I know is Dimarco should never touch the football.

They should have signed Blount!...He had a monster game yesterday for Philly