OK...so saw the replay of the game

Great win..on the road....

but who was the commentator that was crying about every call that didnt go the falcons way in this game.....that was downright disturbing to hear him do this......

Was he just shocked that a powerhouse like the falcons was getting out physicaled by our bills?

So bad and frustrating to listen to

Right! I was like wtf,,, shut up douchebag... Couldn't listen to his bitchy Falcon whining trying to question every call. What a homer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone expain why the Ryan fumble was not an incomplete pass?

Hughes hit his arm before it went forward causing a fumble..His arm then went forward, but he had not regained control. The forward motion without control did not change the fumble to an incomplete pass. The fumble already happened, and that could not be changed,

He started losing control of the ball as his arm was coming back. Once you start losing control its a fumble unless he gains control before releasing the ball. On the field it was ruled a fumble. There wasn't conclusive evidence, according to the league office, that he regained control of the ball before his arm came forward.

he has to regain control of the ball once he loses control during the throw. take a look at how the ball flew, did that look like he had control of the ball?

Edited by Webster Guy

Because he did not have control of the ball as his arm was going forward. He didn't grip the ball with his fingers, but instead the ball which was already on the way out of his hand got pushed. That was obvious on the replay. The same way a catch isn't a catch if the receiver doesn't control the ball all the way through the catch.

it seems to me, since they changed the replay decisions to the league office, fewer plays are being overturned. Perhaps that's just my imagination, though.

I have this feeling that replays are no longer being looked at in slow-motion and therefore as it's called on the field is the law this year.

My point on this is....maybe they were a little questionable.....bam bam plays that didnt have conclusive evidence to overturn

but when was the LAST time you heard a announcer go to bat for the bills when this happens to them? I cant remember one.

This was a good win against a good team on the road......im happy

My point on this is....maybe they were a little questionable.....bam bam plays that didnt have conclusive evidence to overturn

but when was the LAST time you heard a announcer go to bat for the bills when this happens to them? I cant remember one.

This was a good win against a good team on the road......im happy

we're happy that you are happy. Replay? Hot date?

I thought the two video challenges that went the Bills way were very questionable calls.

But in a universe where we've spent the past 50 years getting screwed in those situations, I'm glad it was time we got a break...

Thats exactly what I was thinking

he has to regain control of the ball once he loses control during the throw. take a look at how the ball flew, did that look like he had control of the ball?

That's what I kept saying. If he has such "clearly regained control" as the announcer said,, how come the ball fell harmlessly to the turf 10 feet in front of him?

I was at the game, and when the ball came out I said to my friend "That's a fumble, buddy." I said that because it did not move at all like a pass. It moved like it was punched. The replay, which I watched on a screen about 40 yards wide, showed that our guy hit his hand as his hand was still going backward, and at that point he had no control over the ball. It was a great call.

I was shocked to see both the turnover calls go the Bills way. Usually that doesn't happen. Both were close but in end I think they got them right.

And yes, Trent Green was abysmal. He was over-emphasizing every little play. "LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS TWO YARD LOSS IS THE GREATEST TWO YARD LOSS IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!!" And then he'd pick out someone simply doing their job and emphatically rave about it as if the guy just made the play of the century.

He started losing control of the ball as his arm was coming back. Once you start losing control its a fumble unless he gains control before releasing the ball. On the field it was ruled a fumble. There wasn't conclusive evidence, according to the league office, that he regained control of the ball before his arm came forward.

Thanks. I've just never before seen a ball that flies forward 10 yards NOT called an incomplete forward pass.