McD's worst decision this year...

Tolbert over J.Williams

Remember all the game closing TD runs by K.Williams in 2015? then all of the game closing TD runs by Gillislee last year?

Well this year we have fat, lumbering Tolbert running into the pile when we really need big plays.

Last week he dropped an easy TD, this week he fumbled on a run. Both were bailed out by other players, notably Holmes catching Zay's miss for a TD and Dawkins recovering his fumble. But where are the big plays? or even the first downs?

J. Williams was ripping off big runs in pre season and looked great, he would be doing the same in Denver if he wasnt behind 2 studs.

McDermott is great but just doesnt believe in the electrifying skill players, im surprised he didnt trade Shady.

Edited by re enlightener

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. McDermott has made a lot of good decisions, in and out of the game stuff. The Tolbert love is the one thing I think is glaringly bad. Tolbert should be on the team. I understand his usefulness in a bunch of roles. But he should not, at all, be getting all these backup RB carries that Karlos and Gillislee and (in preseason) Jwilliams was getting. It's embarrassing.

The fact that it appears so straight forward makes you wonder what went on behind the scenes that no one knows of.

Considering how many people here on this board totally wrote the Bills off, ripping practically every decision they made, shows that most here on this site know very little compared to what they think they know.

Think I trust the Bills judgment more than those here who actually think they know anything.

The fact that it appears so straight forward makes you wonder what went on behind the scenes that no one knows of.

Considering how many people here on this board totally wrote the Bills off, ripping practically every decision they made, shows that most here on this site know very little compared to what they think they know.

Think I trust the Bills judgment more than those here who actually think they know anything.

i didnt. i thought theyd be better and backed tyrod even after carolina, my only rips this year were of Dennison not using play action, which he fixed, and this. i do know whats going on look up any post of mine. This is obviously a mistake, and 4 games in if you cant see it then you just dont want to see it.

Karlos Williams.....

no remember when duke williams scored 3 tds in one game?/

fixed. :nana:

Totally agree. McDermott has made a lot of good decisions, in and out of the game stuff. The Tolbert love is the one thing I think is glaringly bad. Tolbert should be on the team. I understand his usefulness in a bunch of roles. But he should not, at all, be getting all these backup RB carries that Karlos and Gillislee and (in preseason) Jwilliams was getting. It's embarrassing.

I always preface my takes regarding Tolbert with the appreciation I used to have for his game..........but he is a problem as the #2 RB........his skills have eroded and as noted in the broadcast he just isn't a patient enough runner for this scheme.

And they use him in dumb situations. They ran a draw play today on 2nd and 19, to TOLBERT.

He has his usefulness in certain situations.... that is NOT one of those situations.

Yup, said the same thing when they ran that play. Tolbert is fine for some of those quick hits up the middle, but he shouldn't be getting the ball more than 4-5 times a game. In no way should he ever be part of a draw play. Seeing that JWill is gone, would like to see Banyard get some of those opportunities.