Just some random thoughts on the game

BmarvB

Could this be a statement win for a team very few people expected to do better than 5-11?

Good to see the running game finally showing signs of life. That's still our bread & butter. Shady's our workhouse back, and he's due for a 100+ yd game on the ground even though a big asset in the passing game as well. Tolbert is serviceable at best as our #2.

It's time to get off TT's jock now. It may not be pretty, but he's getting the job done. Granted he's not the second coming of Jim Kelly, but he doesn't have to be. He's making plays in the passing game and protecting the ball. That's all that can be asked of him without top notch receivers.

Fortunately, there's Charles Clay to help keep the passing game afloat while we wait on Matthews and Jones to become more productive. Having TT rolling out a little more is helping him out a lot. Dennison's got the right idea with that.

For once, we're getting some iffy calls go our way. Falcons got the short end on a couple calls but they'll get no sympathy from us.

Hausch-money! Nuff said.

Can't really blame them for taking the 3 points but with the way we pounded our way down the field on the ground, would you have gone for it on that 4th and goal at the 1?

Dr Poyer & Mr Hyde are a great safety tandem, and with the corners we have now, nobody misses Gilmore & Darby. Tre White is a battler, and Gaines is solid (I hope he's good to go for next week).

The days of Dareus are clearly numbered, The D Line is doing just fine without him. Look for him to be trade bait around draft time next year despite his contract and cap hit.

So what if they finally gave up a passing TD, the defense did a damn good job of keeping the Falcons offense in check. I wonder what the Atlanta media is saying right now about the game :lol:

We're atop of the division for now, and the ageing Patriots are looking very beatable.

Next up, the Bengals. GO BILLS!!!! :thumbsup:

Can't imagine any team willing to trade for him even for 10 cents on the dollar when you factor in his big fat contract. Unless we do a Trevor Simeion like trade to Cleveland.

Dr Poyer & Mr Hyde are a great safety tandem, and with the corners we have now, nobody misses Gilmore & Darby. Tre White is a battler, and Gaines is solid (I hope he's good to go for next week).

The days of Dareus are clearly numbered, The D Line is doing just fine without him. Look for him to be trade bait around draft time next year despite his contract and cap hit.

Can't imagine any team willing to trade for him even for 10 cents on the dollar when you factor in his big fat contract. Unless we do a Trevor Simeion like trade to Cleveland.

Maybe somebody desperate and willing to give up draft picks

Tolbert is not serviceable as a #2 back. I think there's a roll for him on this team, but much more limited than what he's currently doing. A RB draw should never involve this guy.

Also disagree on running game. Last years team would of put up 200 on ATL. It's not where it should be, and it blows my mind a guy is able to come in and change a scheme that's been #1 in the league two straight years.

I thought Dareus showed some guts today. He was clearly hurt and stayed in the game. In this defense, he's just another guy but he eats up double teams and feel he'll be better (and more of a factor) when healthy. Not saying he's worth what we're paying him, but I give him credit for battling today.

Go Bills!!!

Could this be a statement win for a team very few people expected to do better than 5-11?

Good to see the running game finally showing signs of life. That's still our bread & butter. Shady's our workhouse back, and he's due for a 100+ yd game on the ground even though a big asset in the passing game as well. Tolbert is serviceable at best as our #2.

It's time to get off TT's jock now. It may not be pretty, but he's getting the job done. Granted he's not the second coming of Jim Kelly, but he doesn't have to be. He's making plays in the passing game and protecting the ball. That's all that can be asked of him without top notch receivers.

Fortunately, there's Charles Clay to help keep the passing game afloat while we wait on Matthews and Jones to become more productive. Having TT rolling out a little more is helping him out a lot. Dennison's got the right idea with that.

For once, we're getting some iffy calls go our way. Falcons got the short end on a couple calls but they'll get no sympathy from us.

Hausch-money! Nuff said.

Can't really blame them for taking the 3 points but with the way we pounded our way down the field on the ground, would you have gone for it on that 4th and goal at the 1?

So what if they finally gave up a passing TD, the defense did a damn good job of keeping the Falcons offense in check. I wonder what the Atlanta media is saying right now about the game :lol:

We're atop of the division for now, and the ageing Patriots are looking very beatable.

Next up, the Bengals. GO BILLS!!!! :thumbsup:

If we had to give up a passing TD, I'd have chosen it to come from Matt Ryan and the Falcons. No shame in that.