McNubbins

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't Dareus it was Worthy.

Oh just stop.

no. It was dareus. I was sitting here chatting with 3 other people saying if dareus is hurt it's a liability for him to be playing then he made that play and forced an early throw that went incomplete.

Others are stating here they saw the same thing. So maybe you should stop.

DT was by far the worst position group on the defense today......Worthy was the only one who didn't look bad, IMO........the success of the Falcons run game appeared to be their fault.

Surprising to see Kyle Williams play that bad......on the rushing TD he got stood up and spun like a top.......and that wasn't the only time.

I watched Dareus most of the game when the Bills were on D. He probably played only 35-40% of the snaps, and came up limping on multiple occasions. He did have one nice pass rush where he forced Ryan to get rid of the ball quickly and I believe resulted in an INT. Didn't seem like a big factor in the run game, but almost all of the Falcons runs were outside the tackles. He was also doubled-teamed about 80%+ of the time on passing plays.

The hatred for Dareus needs to stop. He's fine when he's healthy and playing

He brought it on himself. 7 and 10 sack years precontract. 5.5 sacks in the 2 years and 4 games since. Not 5.5 per year. 5.5 TOTAL. Von Millers still kickin a$$ post contract. Why isnt Dareus? Oh thats right(insert list of excuses here). I forgot about that.

Edited by Billsmovinup

He brought it on himself. 7 and 10 sack years precontract. 5.5 sacks in the 2 years and 4 games since. Not 5.5 per year. 5.5 TOTAL. Von Millers still kickin a$$ post contract. Why isnt Dareus? Oh thats right(insert list of excuses here). I forgot about that.

To be fair, no one on the defensive front seven played well under the Ryans, and Dareus has been injured to start this year. Not saying he's worth his contract, but we're stuck with it, and he's still a damned good DT when healthy.

DTs aren't sack guys. Generally. We got our best out of Dareus in a completely different scheme where he could attack the QB. He's being used the last 3 seasons as a true DT. Go watch the games again and watch him eat up double teams.

Is he worth the 100m that he's making? No. But that's what Whaley gave him and we can't go back on that now. But saying he's useless and calling for his head is just being uninformed. If you wanted to point towards his injuries, his attitude, his willingness to buy in, I could get it. But you're not. You're talking about his play on the field and you are wrong.

There's no hatred from me, I just didn't recall him being a factor in the game.

That's pretty much what DTs do, though. They aren't the big QB rushers from the edges who usually get credited with sacks and forced fumbles. They mostly stop inside runs and collapse pockets. You usually don't hear much about them, but if the opposing team is having trouble running the ball inside and/or their QB is being pressured, your DTs are playing well.

That's pretty much what DTs do, though. They aren't the big QB rushers from the edges who usually get credited with sacks and forced fumbles. They mostly stop inside runs and collapse pockets. You usually don't hear much about them, but if the opposing team is having trouble running the ball inside and/or their QB is being pressured, your DTs are playing well.

shhhh. Stop making sense. People have axes to grind

Please learn the game. Dareus is the only DT, that had a great game yesterday. Constantly double team, giving Hughes and everyone else one on ones. I was happy to see the coaches left him in on third downs this game, resulted in noticeable pressure on Rayan. Stop hating on this man for no reason. I personally believe he is being wasted by just being a space eater, but he looks like he is buying into the system. By predominantly playing first and second downs, his snap count will be lower. We will need this guy down the stretch, with Kyle playing less on early downs and more on third and long. Dareus is unblockable one on one.

Please learn the game. Dareus is the only DT, that had a great game yesterday. Constantly double team, giving Hughes and everyone else one on ones. I was happy to see the coaches left him in on third downs this game, resulted in noticeable pressure on Rayan. Stop hating on this man for no reason. I personally believe he is being wasted by just being a space eater, but he looks like he is buying into the system. By predominantly playing first and second downs, his snap count will be lower. We will need this guy down the stretch, with Kyle playing less on early downs and more on third and long. Dareus is unblockable one on one.

This is exactly correct. Too many MD critics show their ignorance about what DT play is all about with their focus on sacks.