Dareus played today, right?

McNubbins

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been disappointing once again this season. One thing we've learned early on from McDermott and Beane is that they don't tolerate mediocrity very long. The Bills are boxed in a little because of his contract but he's not going to be around very long.

This is exactly correct. Too many MD critics show their ignorance about what DT play is all about with their focus on sacks.

last week I watched a quick 5-10 minute look at Vince Wilfork and the work he did in houston after the storms and flooding. While they were showing everything thy went over his career stats. He had like 500+ tackles and 16 or 18 sacks. I find it funny. He's probably a HOFer with those stats, and here Dareus probably has surpassed that in sacks already but people are calling him a useless slab of fag. It's just funny. Defensive tackles get accolades for being practically unknown. Unlike many other positions. People need to get a grip and just let Dareus get healthy and see how he does.

There was a play on one of the last 2 drives that he rushed through the line fairly wel, and rushed Ryan to throw the ball. I think it was after the play he was seen limping.

I won't deny that he's been a douche, but he is doing what a DT is supposed to do. Eat up blocks and stop runs up the middle. Clear out space for your LBs. He's doing what he should be. DTs generally don't rush the passer. Just look at Wilforks sacks over his career. Potentially a HOF DT and only had 16 sacks in his entire career.

The hatred for Dareus needs to stop. He's fine when he's healthy and playing

+1

He is a backup at this point. Getting outsnapped by Thornton and Worthy. He's fine when he's in there but I think the point is that a backup is our highest paid player.

The only reason he's on the team is because of his contract. And I'm sure Beane is doing everything he can to try and work out a deal for him but can't see any team wanting to trade straight up for his current contract, even the Browns.

I watched Dareus most of the game when the Bills were on D. He probably played only 35-40% of the snaps, and came up limping on multiple occasions. He did have one nice pass rush where he forced Ryan to get rid of the ball quickly and I believe resulted in an INT. Didn't seem like a big factor in the run game, but almost all of the Falcons runs were outside the tackles. He was also doubled-teamed about 80%+ of the time on passing plays.

That's how I saw it. I didn't notice him too much but he definitely helped cause the INt and their running success was not up the gut it was almost always at the tackles and outside.

Yeah played, but I saw him pull up lame at the end of one play, and didn't see him again after that. He must not be fully recovered from whatever injury he has. They should shut him down for a couple weeks to let him get back to close enough to 100%. They're doing ok without him for now, but it would be nice to have him back and healthy enough to be a beast again

I realize he is being double teamed

but special talent players (which he is supposed to be) are supposed to make plays regardless...that is why they get the 100 million dollar contracts.

That is a problem.

ironically, people argue the exact opposite when they talk about how great sammy Watkins is. Lol

Yeah played, but I saw him pull up lame at the end of one play, and didn't see him again after that. He must not be fully recovered from whatever injury he has. They should shut him down for a couple weeks to let him get back to close enough to 100%. They're doing ok without him for now, but it would be nice to have him back and healthy enough to be a beast again

One time I saw him pull up lame it looked like he pulled a hamstring or something. He was sort of chasing the play that went all the way to the sideline. Then I was shocked to see that (unless I saw it wrong), he stayed in the game. Me and a few people talked about that.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

To be fair, no one on the defensive front seven played well under the Ryans, and Dareus has been injured to start this year. Not saying he's worth his contract, but we're stuck with it, and he's still a damned good DT when healthy.

When healthy! Which often times is related to conditioning. Well see. He probably gets this year and next because I think Kyle Williams is on his last legs and they would likely prefer not to have to replace two DTs in the offseason. Hes certainly talented. But he has to want it. You dont continue to pay talented underacheivers 16 mill a year. The actions of the front office with respect to Dareus over the next year or two will tell us all we need to know. Right now theyre looking for his replacement IMO. If he can elevate his play and return to the dominant force he was becoming that might change.

Edited by Billsmovinup