Domdab99

Bills' record since 2011 after the first few games:

2016: 4-2

2015: 3-2

2014: 3-2

2013: 2-2

2012: 3-3

2011: 5-2

I'm loving this..but let's see what they do in Cincinnati...

I was thinking of this myself.

This wouldn't be the first time we get out of the blocks well only to have the wheels fall off.

I'm taking it one game at a time and trying to enjoy it.

I do feel like this current regime is a lot different than in the past....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills' record since 2011 after the first few games:

2016: 4-2

2015: 3-2

2014: 3-2

2013: 2-2

2012: 3-3

2011: 5-2

I'm loving this..but let's see what they do in Cincinnati...

Nah. I live in the moment. If I constantly say lets see what they do next week then the season will have passed and I would have missed the enjoyment of it. This team is legit and I don't see it falling apart. Sure, they will lose some games but I don't see a massive implosion of 6 game losing streaks like years past.

I was thinking of this myself.

This wouldn't be the first time we get out of the blocks well only to have the wheels fall off.

I'm taking it one game at a time and trying to enjoy it.

I do feel like this current regime is a lot different than in the past....

injuries would be my biggest worry. If shady goes down we're shot at RB.

If white, brown, Hyde, or power go down we will be hurting

You can't get too crazy, season is only 25% in the books. Also the Jordan Matthews and possibly EJ Gaines injuries are also a cause for concern, both key players. But right now 3-1 having won 2 games that the Bills weren't supposed to win (One being on the road) is cause for some optimism. Cincy on the road is a big test as I think they are better than their record indicates and any game on the road ain't easy. If the Bills can beat Cincy and go to 4-1 with a bye week to get some injured players up and rested then I think this team has a chance to be for real. Let's see how this team responds to getting some of their own hype.

The difference is those games were extremely flukey, with really bad talent that overachieved early and couldn't sustain.

Agreed. Actual talent on this team and a lot of the talent has been here since year one with Rex. What we have lost with Woods, Goodwin and Watkins on offense we have easily gained on defense in the secondary with Hyde, Poyer, White and Gaines. The new coaching staff and going back to the 4-3 has made all the difference so far.

This team could slip up against the Bengals but big picture, I don't see them losing 2 out of the next 3. One way or another I feel they will at least win 2 of the next 3.

We beat losers those other years. Today we beat the defending NFC champion on the road. A little different there chicken little?

This is one of our best, quality wins in a very long time. Don't get me wrong.

But don't get so taken away with the fact that Atlanta was in the Superbowl last year.

If Atlanta gets back to the Superbowl this year, then our win gets that much bigger.

But don't measure it based on what the Falcons did last year. That's not relevant to this year.

But don't get so taken away with the fact that Atlanta was in the Superbowl last year.

If Atlanta gets back to the Superbowl this year, then our win gets that much bigger.

But don't measure it based on what the Falcons did last year. That's not relevant to this year.

Wrong! other then 1st line

Then measure it against what the Falcons have done so far this year. Going into the game they were undefeated and averaged 29 ppg.

1 game at a time

I think this is the best idea so far in this thread. I have no idea who we are playing 2 weeks from now, and I don't care. I'm not looking ahead. The Bungles are the Bungles. You never know when they will suddenly turn into the Bengals for a week, and you hope it's not our week. The good news: we aren't playing them at home, so, less of a trap game.

Wasn't that the year Ralph extended his contract?

Heh, that was the year that I walked into the Bills 3-0 party by accident. Before we were 5-1, we were 3-0.

I was just stopping off at a bar on Delaware, as I had for 2 bars prior, to warm up. I was heading for the Greek place in Allentown. I was still wearing my game day stuff, and was freezing. I lived 2x2 blocks away from this place, and was in there all the time. So, I walk in and blow by everybody thinking that 1.) it's my bar, and 2.) it's Sunday, so, if you live in real cities you know: most of their best bars have "African American Night" on Sunday. No big deal. I'm cold, I want a drink, and I don't care if I'm the only white guy in the place. I get to the bar, order a drink and turn around...to see the entire Bills team looking at me like "Um, is that guy a sponsor?" :lol: Robert Royal was right next to me, got it immediately, and started laughing his ass off, and now I'm thinking "Oh, F me".

So, I do what I always do: goof. It was bizarre though. You've never seen so many female "massage therapists" in one bar. :rolleyes: At one point I asked if there was a massage therapist convention in town. As I said: goof around. What a great night. There was basically most of the Bills team, one turd that kept trying to charge me for talking to them(who I physically threw out, and got a standing O from the team), 2 other fans, and I.

We all thought we were world-beaters that night. The best was: I told Spencer Johnson that my mom said "you can't expect (Marcus) Stroud to do everything on the line by himself, you're a FA too, and you better earn your money". Which made Stroud howl laughing, and say "That's right!." Johnson was amazed and befuddled. He asked "Are you serious, you're mom knows who I am, what position I play, that I'm lining up next to this guy?"

I said: "Yup, get used to it."

The last time ......

These are not the Bills you are looking for.

This is a different (NEW) team.

(sorry lost the link)

In a brief period of time, the Bills have not only reversed the failures of Rex Ryan's disappointing two-year tenure in charge of the defense, but they have vaulted to or near the top of the NFL's charts in several defensive statistics.
After their defense stifled 2016 MVP Matt Ryan and the undefeated Falcons' offense Sunday, winning 23-17, the Bills sit at 3-1 and atop the AFC East following the New England Patriots' loss to the Carolina Panthers. Few expected the Bills to have any shot in the division against the Patriots. The Bills' top-ranked defense and the Patriots' 32nd-ranked defense -- allowing 31.7 points per game entering Week 4 -- have changed the conversation.
The Falcons gained 391 total yards against Buffalo but turned the ball over three times, including a 52-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White on what came close to being a pass by Ryan, his motion disrupted by defensive end Jerry Hughes. Ryan also was intercepted twice by safety Micah Hyde, who signed a five-year, $30.5 million deal this offseason.
--------------
The Buffalo Bills are a legitimate threat in the NFL this season. They just beat the defending NFC Champion Atlanta Falcons in their building for the biggest road win since the 1990s. That’s not hyperbole. Neither is this; the Buffalo Bills are legit.
--------------
Let’s take a look at both (Bills/Rams) teams and figure out how their first-year coaches turned them around and if we should expect their hot starts to turn into special seasons.

I'm guzzling the KoolAid

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Its probably worth mentioning that not only is the pats d atrocious they have already lost two home games. I'm not pumping the brakes. I'm talking about us having a legit shot at the division.

make that almost 3.

Houston had them on the ropes.

Bills and JETS close out the season in NE

so between now and then they only have 3 home games out of the next 10 games.

Beyond AFCE teams their road games are Tampa, Denver, Oakland, Pittsburgh

injuries would be my biggest worry. If shady goes down we're shot at RB.

If white, brown, Hyde, or power go down we will be hurting

most teams are in trouble if they lose their best players. Look at Atlanta yesterday

You don't get a home playoff game with a wild card spot. It's only right that we would break the drought with a home game at New Era. One way or another we got to stay ahead of the Pats. We've already beaten Denver so if Denver can beat the Pats that will be a plus. If we can beat the Bengals next week while the Pats lose later in the season to the Steelers that would be another plus.

Can we start talking Playoffs...

3-1 Record

3-1 Next 4.

W at Cincy

W vs TB

L vs Oak

w at Jets

2-2 Next 4

W vs NO

W at SD

L at KC

L vs NE

Thats 8-4 going into the final 4

W vs Colts

W vs Miami

L at NE

? at Mia

Pardon me but that is a HORRIBLE prediction WRT the playoffs - you the guy who posts TYGOD all the time right? (my bad if not)

Wins over Oakland, and Kansas City are viable and necessary for a playoff spot.

So is splitting with NE. The only sweep the Bills can afford is a sweep of NE.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Pardon me but that is a HORRIBLE prediction WRT the playoffs - you the guy who posts TYGOD all the time right? (my bad if not)

Wins over Oakland, and Kansas City are viable and necessary for a playoff spot.

So is splitting with NE. The only sweep the Bills can afford is a sweep of NE.

Agreed. It will be extremely disappointing if we lose all four of those games. Yeah we could still make the playoffs in doing so. But we need to win at least one of those four to even think we can compete with the top of the conference.