Don't go too crazy just yet....

Domdab99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a lot of those years the schedule was inflated by playing some weak opponents...and that is not the case this year. That said.....Don't look know, but Cincinnati, under their new OC just scored 31 points. Yeah...I know it was against Cleveland. Just not sure if a win against Cincinnati is as easy as it seemed it would be.

Our game a Cincy around this time a few years back was expected to make us great. Instead, Dalton led a last minute comeback to win and our season flushed down the bowl.

The difference is those games were extremely flukey, with really bad talent that overachieved early and couldn't sustain.

There has been nothing flukey about any of these 3 wins and I feel like we haven't even reached our full potential..

So I disagree, I think it's fine to be excited and looking forward because this team is legit, with a legit QB who doesn't blow turn the ball over

Except that this might be the best-coached, motivated, and disciplined team I've seen since...I don't actually know when. Marv Levy?

Levy sure! He wasn't so afraid of losing his job to an assistant that he hired real experienced coaches.

This years team reminds me more of the Chuck Knox era when Knox was able to take a bunch of young players and make them believe in themselves so that they could beat anybody.

Don't be a buzz kill, this is a better start than anyone could have thought. After getting rid of key players, people were calling this year a tank. this team could have been 4-0 but is 3-1 with a huge road win. And, we have sole position of 1st place for a week. Enjoy the now!!!!

I hardly even care about this year; we look to be on the right track for the first time in decades. It's a shame the Bills didn't try hiring a real GM / HC sooner, but good things are on the way.

Thanks for the kind words 86.

Our goal is to build a consistent winner here in Buffalo. :thumbsup:

Edited by McBean

I'm not going to be looking ahead. 1 game at a time, and next week's game in Cincinnati is something we should be wary of.

That being said, I can't remember the last time the Bills had back-to-back wins against 2 very good teams.

I'm just going to enjoy this for the next couple of days.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Mark Vader

I'm not going to be looking ahead. 1 game at a time, and next week's game in Cincinnati is something we should be wary of.

That being said, I can't remember the last time the Bills had back-to-back wins against 2 very good teams.

I'm just going to enjoy this for the next couple of days.

GO BILLS!!!

Yup. Showing up with consistent performance week in and week out will be a good first step here. Win or lose next week, if they come out with the same energy, attention to detail, effort, and play a tough game I think it'll speak volumes for the new staff. It's hard to be that team week in and week out. They still have some flaws that will likely cost a game here and there but we have put up a win or two that we probably shouldn't have and that makes a little above .500 a real possibility (which means playoffs possibly) Edited by NoSaint

we started 0-2 and then rattled off 4 straight...and then laid an egg vs. the Giants.

simce we didn't play the Giants last year I really have no idea what you are talking about. We played the NFC west last year. 2 years ago, Rex' first season we got beat by the Giants.

Just saying, maybe you should look it up if your not sure.

I like the direction of this team,and the future looks good, but this is exactly the type of game that people put way too much stock in.

The interconference games are often "let down" games for teams.

I think these Bills might make the playoffs, but I really hope they don't ruin their chance to draft one of the top QB prospects coming out.

Edited by OJABBA

simce we didn't play the Giants last year I really have no idea what you are talking about. We played the NFC west last year. 2 years ago, Rex' first season we got beat by the Giants.

Just saying, maybe you should look it up if your not sure.

You're right, I meant the Dolphins:

Baltimore L 13-7

NY JetsL L37-31

ArizonaW W 33-18

New England W 16-0

Los Angeles W 30-19

San Francisco W 45-16

Miami L 28-25

Edited by Domdab99

You're right, I meant the Dolphins:

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site NFL.com

recap 1 September 11 at Baltimore Ravens L 13-7 0-1 M&T Bank Stadium Recap 2 September 15 New York Jets L 37-31 0-2 New Era Field Recap 3 September 25 Arizona Cardinals W 33-18 1-2 New Era Field Recap 4 October 2 at New England Patriots W 16-0 2-2 Gillette Stadium Recap 5 October 9 at Los Angeles Rams W 30-19 3-2 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Recap 6 October 16 San Francisco 49ers W 45-16 4-2 New Era Field Recap 7 October 23 at Miami Dolphins L 28-25 4-3 Hard Rock Stadium Recap

sorry. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. I was just trying to figure out where the wins and losses came from and distinctively remember that game against the Giants as the only time I've ever left a game early in my life. Because I knew before the 4th quarter even started that we would lose that game. The penalties did it for me. And coincidentally, I knew at that moment, 4-5 games into his tenure, that I wanted Rex fired.