6 bills kneel for anthem

PinOak

Funny how these guys all claim to have some "great cause" that they abanded after only one week. It proves that they felt as if they were in the wrong (disrespectful). People arguing in their favor have compared their acts to other civil rights greats. I'll tell you that they don't compare in the least. True agents of change who believe in themselves don't give up after one week. Just typically political agitation that both sides love to engage in these days.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Funny how these guys all claim to have some "great cause" that they abanded after only one week. It proves that they felt as if they were in the wrong (disrespectful). People arguing in their favor have compared their acts to other civil rights greats. I'll tell you that they don't compare in the least. True agents of change who believe in themselves don't give up after one week. Just typically political agitation that both sides love to engage in these days.

True, and soon the great patriots who were so insulted by the disrespect to the flag can go back to making beer runs during the national anthem. However, last week's mass kneelings were a direct response to Trump's attempts to divide the NFL, and didn't really have anything to do with the protest's original meaning.

Edited by Buffalo86

True, and soon the great patriots who were so insulted by the disrespect to the flag can go back to making beer runs during the national anthem. However, last week's mass kneelings were a direct response to Trump's attempts to divide the NFL, and didn't really have anything to do with the protest's original meaning.

Correct. Only a small number felt the call to kneel a few weeks ago. Others were doing whatever they saw fit outside that (ranging from nothing at all to big community involvement). Last week was simply showing unity against very ugly comments. if anything I think drives comments point towards him not getting any of the nuance because he's too revved up about it himself.

Im sure ownership cracked down hard behind the scenes, big $ at stake.

My thoughts exactly, but then it means that these players aren't the revolutionaries that many wanted to portray them as. They are just pawns in the endless political agitation that both sides continue to inflict upon the country.

To be fair, we should probably have this in PPP

@darrenrovell

Last week, about 180 NFL players didn't stand for the National Anthem. This week? 11.

DLEZ5wNUMAAtCbi.jpg
DLEZ5wWUMAEe-Bw.jpg
1:21 PM - 1 Oct 2017

I think Shannon Sharpe had a point. Last week wasn't about a devotion to social justice. It was fading out until Trump attacked the "shield". That is why there was push back

To be fair, we should probably have this in PPP

I think Shannon Sharpe had a point. Last week wasn't about a devotion to social justice. It was fading out until Trump attacked the "shield". That is why there was push back

I guarantee it didn't Trump much. Stupid way to "push back".