Ultra conservative play calling at the end

Steptide

In context, though, I can defend that playcalling a bit. Of course you'd like to see them go for the throat but they established the run early so why not. And i know everyone's butt clenches when tolbert gets the ball but shady will be on the shelf by week 6 unless they start figuring out alternatives. He wrist already seems not quite right.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be Debbie downer today. I'm just as excited as the next guy. But calling those three run plays after the Hyde interception cannot happen weekly. It will end up costing the bills games. They have to be more aggressive at those times. Go bills. Can't believe we're 3-1!

Biggest road win in years so maybe not the best day to pick nits.

No you go for it and get up two scores and end the game there.

You miss it your Defense is playing lights out and they have the ball at the 1/2 yardline with Jones/Sanu out.

It was an ultra conservative chicken shyt call

You lose more games than you win in the NFL when you take the FG there

It's not a no brainer. I can understand your POV on it. Like I said, nine times out of ten I agree with you. If one player is in the game, Julio, I agree with you. But they no longer have a big play offense. So up seven with three minutes to go is huge. To say it's always a chicken **** call is to not understand different games. This isn't something you check the trade points chart on.

It's not a no brainer. I can understand your POV on it. Like I said, nine times out of ten I agree with you. If one player is in the game, Julio, I agree with you. But they no longer have a big play offense. So up seven with three minutes to go is huge. To say it's always a chicken **** call is to not understand different games. This isn't something you check the trade points chart on.

Ooo so what happened the very next drive? Just asking

I don't want to be Debbie downer today. I'm just as excited as the next guy. But calling those three run plays after the Hyde interception cannot happen weekly. It will end up costing the bills games. They have to be more aggressive at those times. Go bills. Can't believe we're 3-1!

With a normal defense yes. But we have only given up one passing td in 4 games. It was the correct call.

1. Should have gone for it on fourth and 1/2 yard

2. Play action on first play after the INT with run/pass option for TT. An 8 yard gain on first down and the game is over.

3. Gutsy call to kick 55 yarder. I was ok with a punt there up 3 and with the defense playing well

They had to burn all three time outs,sounds like a good plan to me.

Matthews was out of the game and I bet they were keeping a closer eye on Clay.

Not to mention their DE was owning Mills.

This is likely going to be a topic of discussion over the next few days. At OBD as well as TBD.

Ooo so what happened the very next drive? Just asking

That has no bearing. Would you have said it was a good call to go for it if we missed and then they scored a TD to win and not tie?

Again, most times I agree with you we go for it. Some extenuating situations change that decision.

Actually, if you remember. We were going to go for it if it were a half yard and not if it were a full yard.

You do realize we wanted them to burn their timeouts and use as much time as possible?

How about that 30 something yard pass to Clay on first down the drive before when we were tied right after that TD? Why aren't you mentioning that? How conservative was that? Go away.

ummm maybe because you need more than 6 points to ensure a win? maybe because we almost lost due to stupid run plays being called, um maybe it should have been a 10 point lead where we walk away with a kneel down instead of another heartbreaking loss?

it was totally stupid playcalling, do you understand how football works or was this your first game?

It was my only criticism all game. They were playing not to lose. We won. I'm happy. But that was a pathetic drive. Just glad it didn't bite us.

Go Bills!

What about that 15-17 play drive in the 3rd and 4th. That was a thing of beauty. Have no complaints today for the first time ever.

ummm maybe because you need more than 6 points to ensure a win? maybe because we almost lost due to stupid run plays being called, um maybe it should have been a 10 point lead where we walk away with a kneel down instead of another heartbreaking loss?

it was totally stupid playcalling, do you understand how football works or was this your first game?

Do you not understand how incredibly well our defense was playing? We have given up one passing td all year. They had 3 min or so to move down the field and have to score a td to win with no Julio or Sanu. It was the correct call regardless if you liked it or not.

How about that 30 something yard pass to Clay on first down the drive before when we were tied right after that TD? Why aren't you mentioning that? How conservative was that? Go away.

This.

OP must be a foreign refugee who's never seen a game.