Credit to Leslie Frazier?

YoloinOhio

Agreed. Not just play calling, but communication and situational awareness too. There was one communication breakdown on the TD, but that was the only one. The past two seasons, that stuff was happening 15 times a game.

McD's scheme and players, but Frazier is calling the plays. Heck of a job so far imo with a group that is new to playing together.

Yep, I was very happy when we hired him. Always thought he was an excellent defensive mind. He's doing a great job.

Duh :)

But seriously Frazier comes from a championship playing pedigree (1985 Chicago Bears, arguably the best defense of all time- they were fierce) and has been a very good DC. Not so great as a head coach but this is good because maybe he will not be poached from the Bills.

But seriously Frazier comes from a championship playing pedigree (1985 Chicago Bears, arguably the best defense of all time- they were fierce) and has been a very good DC. Not so great as a head coach but this is good because maybe he will not be poached from the Bills.

I agree; hopefully causes teams to hesitate a bit longer. Reality is that some coaches are just better off as coordinators.

A lot of people hated the hire....

I have always said that former head coaches often make excellent coordinator's because it means they were good enough at their positions to warrant being looked at as a HC

a lot of people pegged the defense as the thypical boring Tampa 2 defense, but I think Frazier has been creative enough to keep things harder for offenses. He has called some good timed blitzes.

a lot of people pegged the defense as the thypical boring Tampa 2 defense, but I think Frazier has been creative enough to keep things harder for offenses. He has called some good timed blitzes.

his blitzes are well timed and it seems that he has them hitting the right gaps because someone nearly always gets through. even if they don't result in sacks they have been forcing the QBs to make some panicked, ill advised throws!

This D has been amazing, esp. when you consider that every starter in the secondary is new.

This, to me, is key. With a very deep Safety and zone underneath, the concept is vulnerable to the 15-18 yrd underneath pass. As yet, Hyde & Poyer have been able to quickly converge. They are very good and it's a testament to our pro scouting departments to find these young guys, just reaching their prime. But an injury to either will be noticeable in this area and I doubt we'll drastically alter our main look.