Credit to Leslie Frazier?

YoloinOhio

If you watch the OC, DC and HC on the sidelines you don't see any histrionics. Whether the play works out or not you see composure and not a loss of it. There is engagement with the players but the main focus is on the respective calls for both sides of the ball. The wrestling coach can be animated but he never loses his focus on the game and the next play coming up.

Last year the coaching conduct in general exhibited immaturity; this year the coaching conduct in general exhibited maturity. The HC sets the tone for the team. And the contrast between last year and this year are starkly different.

Agreed. Not just play calling, but communication and situational awareness too. There was one communication breakdown on the TD, but that was the only one. The past two seasons, that stuff was happening 15 times a game.

wishing theyd have called a time out then 😕

Overall Frazier has been calling great games. It's almost impossible to argue. There are a few things I have bitched about concerning the offense. But there are hardly any on the defense. Even the one thing they have consistently not done well, too soft a zone on the middle of the field 10-15 yards, we haven't been killed on. Today backs out of the backfield were an issue but didn't kill us. The defense overall has just been fantastic. All three units, too.

Overall Frazier has been calling great games. It's almost impossible to argue. There are a few things I have bitched about concerning the offense. But there are hardly any on the defense. Even the one thing they have consistently not done well, too soft a zone on the middle of the field 10-15 yards, we haven't been killed on. Today backs out of the backfield were an issue but didn't kill us. The defense overall has just been fantastic. All three units, too.

I think Shaq has been really good on the edge in run D and he was missed today, as well as Humber getting hurt. Matt Milano vs Devontae Freeman was, yikes.

He's done a great job. I didn't love him as a HC and thought he was often too conservative. He Has been calling a very good mix of pressures and coverages. Can't do it much better than he has thus far. Communication has been excellent and a far cry from the clown show of the last two years.

I think Shaq has been really good on the edge in run D and he was missed today, as well as Humber getting hurt. Matt Milano vs Devontae Freeman was, yikes.

I'm usually in favor of an aggressive defense. Usually bend but not break defenses are bend but then break. But this one, and ones Opie had coached at Carolina seem to do the don't break thing well enough that it's a great defense. Four games. Two roads games. Jets, Panthers, Broncos and Falcons no one can say is weak schedule. And one TD pass? Four total TDs?

McD's scheme and players, but Frazier is calling the plays. Heck of a job so far imo with a group that is new to playing together.

Absolutely! The guy was viewed as such a good defensive coordinator that he became a head coach because of it. Thank god that didn't work out because now he's with us. :thumbsup: