McDermott and the three phases of the game.

This is the second game in a row, against a top 5-10 team, where all three phases of the game were well prepared and played well overall. When is the last time that happened?

We had a late breakdown on one KR return but overall they played fantastic. The offense and defense had good game plans and played well. The kicking game was outrageous. We had a ten minute or so drive. We had some tough penalties but not stupid ones. Again the plays came in on time (the one time the LBs were not set the Falcons scored).

I'm having trouble ignoring the poor offense output in regards to points. Help me.

1 td and 2 near 60 field goals doesn't ring to me like a receipt for sustained success.

Coaches don't coach for stats, they coach for wins. We have no WR. We don't have much of a run game this year. We also scored 49 points in the last two games against two of the top teams in the league. Last week we went into a shell which held back points because we went for the win.

I'm having trouble ignoring the poor offense output in regards to points. Help me.

1 td and 2 near 60 field goals doesn't ring to me like a receipt for sustained success.

In their last three games, the Bills have played 3 SB participants from the last two seasons' SBs. If denver wins today, the Bills opponents' collective record will be 11-5. Edited by dave mcbride

This is the second game in a row, against a top 5-10 team, where all three phases of the game were well prepared and played well overall. When is the last time that happened?

We had a late breakdown on one KR return but overall they played fantastic. The offense and defense had good game plans and played well. The kicking game was outrageous. We had a ten minute or so drive. We had some tough penalties but not stupid ones. Again the plays came in on time (the one time the LBs were not set the Falcons scored).

Agreed. McD is a keeper. Frazier deserves some credit for this defense. And Dennison as well for improved play-calling since the Panthers abomination.

If a team beats us with the same score, do you think anyone cares that they only put up 23 to do it? Only a horrible Bills fan. I live in Charlotte. The panthers didn't give a **** that they won with 9 points. On to the next game.

The coaching has been very solid. Im impressed with them each week. Offense needs another playmaker maybe. Overall there was a different feeling w that game that I didnt feel much in previous seasons.

Edited by nedboy7

This is a formative year where the Coach and GM take stock in what they have, make moves to create the basis for future success and create the Team concept they want.

This team is still middle of the road which is good enough to make the playoffs.

Good coaching( or lack there of) makes the difference between who gets a wildcard and who doesn't.

As I watched us get calls and bounces we never get I was reminded of that old saying: " Winners make their own good luck."

My favorite play of the game was the attempted "onside" kick after the unnecessary roughness penalty. Almost got the recovery and they ended up at their own 13 or so. This showed smart coaching and good preparation. Never saw smart coaching plays like this with Rex, its a breath of fresh air

Edited by MooseTooth

My favorite play of the game was the attempted "onside" kick after the unnecessary roughness penalty. Almost got the recovery and they ended up at their own 13 or so. This showed smart coaching and good preparation for all sorts of scenarios. Never saw smart coaching plays like this with Rex, its a breath of fresh air

That was really a smart call and we almost got it. The guy I watch the games with, who always seems to know what is happening before it happens, said onside kick way before they tried it. Couldn't believe it. McD called a great game.

Much improved discipline! Those penalties on the big McCoy runs are very tough indeed. McD is a great coach tbh he's what many thought Rex would be and the impact McD has brought is what Rex thought the Ryan clown show would bring. .