Do you believe in them?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust in McD/Beane

• Yes!!!
    • Yes but with some reservations
    • Kinda
    • I'm skeptical
    • Not at all!

Yes. I was a McDermott fan even before we hired him. I gave a yes with some reservations because I don't know enough to give a view on Beane yet.

Yeah, alot more body of work to judge from McD than Beane and he has been phenomenal.

But Beanes trades have produced, Matthews and Gaines have been critical in some of the victories.

I've been saying it for weeks, next year will be the year that the talent on this team jumps up.

Yeah, alot more body of work to judge from McD than Beane and he has been phenomenal.

But Beanes trades have produced, Matthews and Gaines have been critical in some of the victories.

I've been saying it for weeks, next year will be the year that the talent on this team jumps up.

I am stoked to see what they do next year with all those picks. They have me confident in their decision-making and they seem to know the players they want.

I separate he 2. I believe in McDermott I don't know about Beane. I don't like the moves he's made. I think McDermott has done a great job so far.

You may not like the moves he has made but without question Gaines and Matthews have both been invaluable to the team. Then next year we get those draft picks.

I've been on board with McDermott since day 1.

I was lobbying for him from the time I seen McDermott was interviewing with the Bills though, and have been a fan of his for years. So there is probably some bias/homer-ism on my part toward him.

Beane I was less sure on. I knew Carolina fans thought very highly of him, but I didn't know a whole lot about him personally, except that he was a considered to be an up and comer who seemed well respected around the league.

What gave me the most pause toward Beane was that I didn't feel that the Bills did a true GM search before they hired him. He was rumored to be the guy all along, and then after a small handful of interviews the rumors were confirmed and he was named GM.

He impressed me with his first press conference though and then seeing the front office and scouting staff he put together really started to win me over. He added tons of experienced people to his staff. The Gaine hire really impressed me. A lot of GM's wouldn't hire someone to his staff that had just interviewed for the same GM job. I felt like he was setting any ego aside to do what's best for the Bills.

But I am still in wait and see mode regarding Beane. He hasn't had a draft yet or a full offseason as GM. The Watkins trade wasn't my favorite. I do love all the picks he's collected but now he has to hit on them.

I'd say so far so good though as far as Beane goes.

Here in Northern California, the Oakland A's had a catcher names Stephen Vogt, who was a big fan favorite. In one section of the stadium, this group of fans would chant when he came to bat "I believe in Stephen Vogt!!" They even had T-shirts made with the chant on it.

I think it may be time for "I believe in Sean McDermott!!"

"Yes, with some reservations." The good: he's passed the first 2 tests with flying colors. (1) excellent talent evaluator (I'm assuming he called the key draft shots even though Whaley was still nominally in charge, and that he and Beane were of the same mind on free agent acquisitions). I mean, everyone who needed to contribute has contributed, some in a major way (Poyer, Humber, Holmes, Yarbrough, Matthews, Gaines, even Tolbert and DiMarco, and I was one of the big Tolbert/DiMarco skeptics). (2) old-fashioned well-coached team. What happened to all those 12 men on the field penalties that were commonplace the last couple years? The delay of game penalties? The players ridiculously out of position plays and busted coverages? The missed tackles? I didn't realize how bad Rex was until I saw what competence means.

The reservations? I'll hold off a bit because McD and Beane are getting an awful lot out of stopgap players - Poyer, Matthews, Gaines, etc. I'll need to see how they do longer term with the lower draft picks. I'll also need to see a little more innovation on offense. As many have noted, we're one Zay Jones catch away from 4-0. But we're maybe also one Von Miller penalty and one questionable Matt Ryan fumble call away from 1-3 ...

The players keep talking about preparation.

"Just understanding the whole situation," Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes said. "We have to understand the situation. I think for us, it was a great refresher for coach to call a timeout so we could go over our cues on our line and really get off the ball and play fast."

"We practice these situations a lot more than we have in the past," Bills defensive tackle Jerel Worthy said. "When we get out there, it feels a little bit more comfortable than it did in the past. To be honest with this team, we attribute our success to preparation. I think we prepare a lot differently. Coach McDermott keeps us on our toes in team meetings. He'll call you out in team meetings and ask a random question about the offense. You have to know the situation and know what the offense is thinking. He just tries to make the game a little slower for us."

No team has held the Falcons to 17 points this season. Atlanta ran 72 offensive plays, but the Bills flew off the ball with the same tenacity on the final snap as they did with the first. This defensive unit is almost unrecognizable when compared to the 2016 defense.

"We won this game during the week last week with our preparation, with our attention to detail," defensive tackle Kyle Williams said. "That's a Super Bowl offense. That's an offense that is really, really hard to stop. All you have to do is watch their first few games. We were able to make the plays when we needed to make them."

Just had a good feeling about McD and Beane, they seem to be cut from the same cloth in that they are very driven and detailed oriented. They both had a good track record and reading how they approach the game is what had convinced me going into the season that these will be the guys that will be the next regime that take us into the playoffs and hopefully beyond.

All I gotta say is:

https://media.giphy.com/media/DDMaHQs15OxMY/giphy.gif

And that dude in the GIF running is all the non-believers...he's gonna getcha!! LMAO!!!

The players keep talking about preparation.

Just had a good feeling about McD and Beane, they seem to be cut from the same cloth in that they are very driven and detailed oriented. They both had a good track record and reading how they approach the game is what had convinced me going into the season that these will be the guys that will be the next regime that take us into the playoffs and hopefully beyond.

That is a maniacal, Bill Bellichick/Nick Saban level of detail...

Edited by matter2003