Sean "Big Steel Balls" McDermott

Dude they were 10 yards away with 60 seconds left. Time was not a factor at all. If it wasn't from some sketchy play calling by Atlanta they probably score. You are making it sound like the bills had it in lockdown mode. Atlanta was literally 10 yards away with 3rd and 1 from the 10 with 1 minute left. Even without sanu and jones out, they probably score on that drive AT LEAST 5 out of 10 times

time was a facto the whole last drive. The literally had to run no huddle. The fg was kicked before the last drive up to that point matt ryan had 180ish yards in the first 57 minutes. Thinking he was going to drive 75 yards in three minutes, no time outs, no jj, no sanu, when our defense has allowed 1 passing td in a ton of possesions well thats just ridiculous. If time wasnt an issue they would have ran for the first down time was an issue.

Mcdermott made the correct call in this game.

You

Are incorrect on your take.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

time was a facto the whole last drive. The literally had to run no huddle. The fg was kicked before the last drive up to that point matt ryan had 180ish yards in the first 57 minutes. Thinking he was going to drive 75 yards in three minutes, no time outs, no jj, no sanu, when our defense has allowed 1 passing td in a ton of possesions well thats just ridiculous. If time wasnt an issue they would have ran for the first down time was an issue.

You

Stopped clock 3rd and 1 from the 10 yard line with 1 timeout and 60 seconds left is not a factor for the clock. It wouldn't be a factor for a high school offence, nevertheless a MVP quarterback. If you want to say that kicking the field goal was the right call, I will respectfully disagree.

But come on man, don't tell me Atlanta didn't have time to get 10 yards in 60 seconds with 1 timeout, cause that just is false

You

And sorry no timeouts as I said they had 1. Either way, more than enough time

Stopped clock 3rd and 1 from the 10 yard line with 1 timeout and 60 seconds left is not a factor for the clock. It wouldn't be a factor for a high school offence, nevertheless a MVP quarterback. If you want to say that kicking the field goal was the right call, I will respectfully disagree.

But come on man, don't tell me Atlanta didn't have time to get 10 yards in 60 seconds with 1 timeout, cause that just is false

And sorry no timeouts as I said they had 1. Either way, more than enough time

They had no timeouts left. No its not enough time. If it was they wiuld have ran it on 3rd down to convert it as they had been able to get yards running on us. Instead short of time and needing a td they were forced in to passing for a td. Hence time was a factor. Also if you hadn't noticed they were in the hurry up another indication that time was a factor. Kicking the fg was the correct call.

If we didnt and we werent able to score were only up by three.

If they some how score a td we are down by four and have to drive all the way down the field for a td vice a fg. You are just simply incorrect here no matter what you stated. The math is very simple.

Edited by Bill_with_it

I disagree with that. You are underdog on the road against a great offence. You need 1 yard to make it a 2 score game in the 4th, go for the TD. Not going to argue with the end result but I still think he should have went for it there. Worst case scenario, you get stuffed and the falcons need to go 99 yards

Remember a couple years ago when Bowles decided to go for it twice on fourth down instead of taking the points? He had the Jests leave 6 points on the field. The Bills won that game by 5. You take the points when you can get them. Going for it on fourth down was a bad gamble.

We clearly were able to hold their offense. They had one passing td one. What makes you think they were going to go down the field in three minutes without any timeouts and score a td missing thier top two wr assets?

You mean besides the fact that the Falcons had just marched down the field to score in a pretty quick fashion without their top two WR assets?

The math says your wrong. I so hate these traditional football fans who believe John Gruden when he says, "You have to take points there!"

No, you play to win the game...they punch it in there and go up ten, the game is all but over. Instead, we had to sweat it out.

And there is some research that being up 3 is actually better than being up 6 late in a game, because most team play for the FG and the tie unless they break a big play. Down 6, they know they have to get the TD.

they should've gone for the TD on 4th and 1.

Common sense says I'm right.

The opposing defense gets paid too, you know. There was no guarantee the Bills were going to make that one yard. There was no reason to risk losing the game by going for it.

See my previous post for an actual example where that bravado bullcrap lost a team the game.

Edited by Koko78

The opposing defense gets paid too, you know. There was no guarantee the Bills were going to make that one yard. There was no reason to risk losing the game by going for it.

See my previous post for an actual example where that bravado bullcrap lost a team the game.

You are wrong. If we go for and dont get it we have to score a td if atlanta scores a td. You cant be serious.

We have given up 1 passing td in 4 complete games.

They have 3 minutes no timeouts have to go 75 yards without their top two wrs.

Matt Ryan had 180ish pass yards the previous 57 minutes.

What makes you think he is going to go 75 in 3 minutes and score?

Just a terrible take.

You are wrong. If we go for and dont get it we have to score a td if atlanta scores a td. You cant be serious.

We have given up 1 passing td in 4 complete games.

They have 3 minutes no timeouts have to go 75 yards without their top two wrs.

Matt Ryan had 180ish pass yards the previous 57 minutes.

What makes you think he is going to go 75 in 3 minutes and score?

Just a terrible take.

Ok, I'm wrong. Nevermind that virtually every NFL coach agrees with me, but hey, I'm wrong because you say so.

Edited by Koko78

It's impossible to know. I think, like you here, that most NFL coaches, under these EXACT same circumstances would have kicked the FG.

I don't know about other people but I am not conservative by nature, I usually want to go for it on plays like that, but because of Jones out, the way our defense was playing, I would kick the FG there. Other games I go for it.

Remember a couple years ago when Bowles decided to go for it twice on fourth down instead of taking the points? He had the Jests leave 6 points on the field. The Bills won that game by 5. You take the points when you can get them. Going for it on fourth down was a bad gamble.

I don't recall that. Also kind of confused, because your other posts seem to agree with going for it on 4th, but here you are saying take the points? Maybe I miss read something

I don't recall that. Also kind of confused, because your other posts seem to agree with going for it on 4th, but here you are saying take the points? Maybe I miss read something

The game I am referring to was Rex's first game back in NJ. Bowles blew it for the Jests by being stupid and going for it twice on 4th down instead of taking the field goals. Not that I mind Bowles gave the Bills a win by being stupid, but it was still stupid.

I was not in favor of going for it in that situation. The Falcons were going to send everyone after McCoy and Taylor, and I just don't trust Tyrod or the receivers enough yet to risk the game on a pass under heavy pressure.

I would take the 3 points (unless Atlanta did something stupid on defense, which it seems McCoach was looking for when he put the offense out.)

Edited by Koko78

The game I am referring to was Rex's first game back in NJ. Bowles blew it for the Jests by being stupid and going for it twice on 4th down instead of taking the field goals. Not that I mind Bowles gave the Bills a win by being stupid, but it was still stupid.

I was not in favor of going for it in that situation. The Falcons were going to send everyone after McCoy and Taylor, and I just don't trust Tyrod or the receivers enough yet to risk the game on a pass under heavy pressure.

I would take the 3 points (unless Atlanta did something stupid on defense, which it seems McCoach was looking for when he put the offense out.)

I am not saying you should never kick the field goal from the 1. I am saying under those circumstances being a big underdog on the road, I would have went for the aggressive approach. Generally I find when you play conservative against good teams especially on the road, it comes back to haunt you. It didn't today, but if ATL gets 10 more yards that last drive, that decision to kick the field goal earlier in the 4th would have been a very hot topic in buffalo, and rightfully would have been

Edited by billsfan11

Ok, I'm wrong. Nevermind that virtually every NFL coach agrees with me, but hey, I'm wrong because you say so.

Thats cute, literally no coach agrees with you; to include our winning head coach today in those circumstances with that defense facing a limited health falcons team with no timeouts and three minutes to do something that only one other team has done all year long and it took them longer.

Thats cute, literally no coach agrees with you; to include our winning head coach today in those circumstances with that defense facing a limited health falcons team with no timeouts and three minutes to do something that only one other team has done all year long and it took them longer.

So the head coach who actually sent the field goal unit out to kick a field goal does not agree with me kicking a field goal in that situation? Seriously, that actually makes sense to you?

lol this kind of thinking is why Chuck Pagano still has a job.

You're wrong. I'm sorry that's hard to accept. Giving one example where it didn't work out doesn't make it any less of the right call. That's like people saying Nate Silver was wrong when he said "Hillary has an 80% chance of winning the election."

Math? How does it work?

Edited by Domdab99

i think he kicked on that 1yd 4th down because he knew julio and sanu were out and our Bend Dont Break boys would keep em out of the endzone

fwiw i loved that inside slant to Matthews for the TD play call there. he didnt make it but its a solid call by dennison

So the head coach who actually sent the field goal unit out to kick a field goal does not agree with me kicking a field goal in that situation? Seriously, that actually makes sense to you?

Well I must have misread your post. I actually thought you were talking about going for it on fourth down.

I apologize.