Sean "Big Steel Balls" McDermott

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was the right call at the time, and it turned out to REALLY be the correct call. Not sure why people think it was that ballsy, it was what you do when you believe in your kicker, and want to make the other team have to score a TD.

Plus we were playing in a dome. When your coaches have so much confidence in you, the players will usually deliver.

We have not had this wonderful secondary in a loooong time. These guys just make plays

i think he kicked on that 1yd 4th down because he knew julio and sanu were out and our Bend Dont Break boys would keep em out of the endzone

fwiw i loved that inside slant to Matthews for the TD play call there. he didnt make it but its a solid call by dennison

I hated that call. That's one you make on first or second. On third you throw to end zone. Obviously you cannot 100% of time or teams know that. But I hate passes not to end zone on third.

You do not win many games on the road by kicking field goals. Look at that GB/SEA playoff game two years ago...McCarthy chooses to kick FGs in the first half instead of go for it on 4th and goal from the 1 twice...they dominate the Seahwaks, yet the Seahwaks come back and win the game.

On the road, take the risk and try and score touchdowns.

You do not win many games on the road by kicking field goals. Look at that GB/SEA playoff game two years ago...McCarthy chooses to kick FGs in the first half instead of go for it on 4th and goal from the 1 twice...they dominate the Seahwaks, yet the Seahwaks come back and win the game.

On the road, take the risk and try and score touchdowns.

I agree 100 percent