I had to shut off the WGR post game

Schop was arguing we shouldn't have tried the last 55 yard FG, and tried to back that up by saying it's not like Hauschka was known for kicking 55 yard FGs and that he had made about four 50 yarders before that. Except he had hit 10 in a row before that and this one made 11. And he had just hit a 55 yarder. And the defense was playing great. And the difference between 3 point lead and 6 is obviously enormous.

I, too, was perplexed at their criticism of McDermott for this. The way the D was playing, it was a no brainer to go for the FG and force them to get a TD ... something our previous 3 opponents failed to do in entire games.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel...Might want to stay off this board too since thats going on around these parts as well...ridiculous. Back to back wins against undefeated teams no one said we could beat and people still complain.

You literally already complained :lol::lol:

90% of the posts I've read have been insanely positive. Some folks read what they want to, I guess. :doh:

Schop was arguing we shouldn't have tried the last 55 yard FG, and tried to back that up by saying it's not like Hauschka was known for kicking 55 yard FGs and that he had made about four 50 yarders before that. Except he had hit 10 in a row before that and this one made 11. And he had just hit a 55 yarder. And the defense was playing great. And the difference between 3 point lead and 6 is obviously enormous.

It's the run, run, run leading up to the 55 yard attempt that's the issue, imo.

Those two guys are so invested in the Bills losing, all they could do is debate whether Atlanta really was that good and recap old Bills failures.

One day, one time, can these guys be happy that we won? How about talking about how friggin awesome this team is, for 10 minutes at least?

Sounds like a few people on this board. Complaining is all they know. Also, i wonder how many Bills "fans" lost $$$$ today.

That can be argued. I was okay with the last one that made it a 55 yarder because I thought he was going to nail it (in a dome). But Schop was definitely criticizing the decision to attempt the FG and not the plays before it.

Those two guys are so invested in the Bills losing, all they could do is debate whether Atlanta really was that good and recap old Bills failures.

One day, one time, can these guys be happy that we won? How about talking about how friggin awesome this team is, for 10 minutes at least?

They talked about taking a knee all week,it was a way bigger story than the Bills biggest win in 2 years.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say Monday after biggest back to back wins in the last 8 years.

That can be argued. I was okay with the last one that made it a 55 yarder because I thought he was going to nail it (in a dome). But Schop was definitely criticizing the decision to attempt the FG and not the plays before it.

Interesting. What was the alternative? Punt? Odd take by Schopp.

Ditto. They got away with being conservative two weeks in a row. At some point they won't get away with it and it will cost them a game. Tyrod has handled the passing plays called just fine. Why play for FGs.

Ditto. They got away with being conservative two weeks in a row. At some point they won't get away with it and it will cost them a game. Tyrod has handled the passing plays called just fine. Why play for FGs.

When you don't have WRs you trust why take chances? Why is that not obvious? Also kicking two long FGs is the opposite of conservative.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Being conservative would be not going for the 55 yard FG up by three with a little more than two minutes.