Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use one of the extra picks to get a WR. Don't waste this start. Don't try and fill an important role with some backup nobody. Trade a 2nd or 3rd for either garcon or Keenan allen

Or TYHilton as has been suggested before. I don't want to give up a 2nd... but if there is a deal out there for a 3rd that makes sense then I am all for jumping on it.

this is what the practice squad is for

We don't really incorporate WR much in this offense.

Reilly is like a Matthews, bigger possession guy. I think Powell and O'Reilly will be fine until Matthews gets back.

because we really don't have any good ones

Trade for a WR. Now.

I know I am overreacting a bit, but seriously, this was a position of weakness before our best WR was injured. Powell is ok, but teams are going to keep trying to take Clay away and there has to be someone who can keep them honest. Zay is not there yet, and he is the best we have right now.

Malachi Dupree is another option off the PS. I do wonder what they actually think of Powell.

They would have just cut him if they didn't like him, right? I figured when they kept him despite his 4 game suspension they must like what they saw in training camp.

We are on a nice run here but injuries like Matthews could derail us very quickly. The key to winning in this league is depth. We need to fill Matthews position asap. Bringing in a vet for a short term rental? Damn you Boldin why did you retire!!

Boldin looked terrible. I don't think he was the answer to any question the Bills were asking. And given the culture of "team" that Beane/McDermott are building, I suspect the door is closed to his return.

WR is not used much in the Bills offense but they still need a target WR for TT.

I hate that call though. Once in awhile okay. But they had guys getting open today. I think you throw to the endzone on that down and distance in this game.

Yeah, felt the same. If he led him, there's a decent chance it'd have been picked. also, attributing the injury to the throw is a big reach; he was injured on the tackle, and he was going to be tackled no matter what on that play.

Edited by dave mcbride

Boldin looked terrible. I don't think he was the answer to any question the Bills were asking. And given the culture of "team" that Beane/McDermott are building, I suspect the door is closed to his return.

WR is not used much in the Bills offense but they still need a target WR for TT.

Because we don't have any