Stephon Gilmore is Trending

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correct Gilmore played almost 90% man coverage in Rex Ryan's defense. The Patriots play a ton of zone but switch it up a lot. Gilmore is a good CB but I think he will need until week 10 before he starts playing at a higher level.

Week 10 as in week P*ts need to cut him to get comp pick?

There are those of us on the board who disliked him and were continually told we were delusional. Any corner who can't or won't tackle, isn't the best cover guy on the field, and draws a lot of dumb penalties, yet is constantly hyped, is overrated.

Your just a hateful hater with an agendaized agenda of hateful hate you hateful hater you. Ill step aside now and let the mods deal with your hateful agenda of hateful hate. ATTACK MODS ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Gilmore has trouble with two things, and both are valued highly by McD:'

1. Zone concepts

2. Tackling

I would bet McD recognized that, and as soon as he took over had no interest in keeping him from leaving.

A Pats reporter already covered this. He asked players, coaches in Buffalo if they were surprised how Gilmore was performing in NE. They all said no they aren't surprise and that Gilmore has no dog in him. That's an indictment on any NFL player.

A Pats reporter already covered this. He asked players, coaches in Buffalo if they were surprised how Gilmore was performing in NE. They all said no they aren't surprise and that Gilmore has no dog in him. That's an indictment on any NFL player.

I don't see how his story is repetitious with my post. He talked to players; I was about what McD may have been thinking.

They should bring Michael Vick to coach him.

I don't see how his story is repetitious with my post. He talked to players; I was about what McD may have been thinking.

Uhhhh did I mention coaches? Yeah I did.

Per Albert Breer

"The guys who are there, who have coached him, who have played with him are not surprised at all what they've seen. In fact I'll tell you what one source in Buffalo said to me about him "Loved to blame everyone else, he sucked last year"

Then Breer goes on to say others told him he packed it in last year to avoid injury etc.

Uhhhh did I mention coaches? Yeah I did.

Per Albert Breer

"The guys who are there, who have coached him, who have played with him are not surprised at all what they've seen. In fact I'll tell you what one source in Buffalo said to me about him "Loved to blame everyone else, he sucked last year"

Then Breer goes on to say others told him he packed it in last year to avoid injury etc.

Uh, had McD coached him before he left in free agency?

Uh, had McD coached him before he left in free agency?

Hey smart ass get a clue, Bert Breer has connections inside OBD and when he asked about Gilmore he got some serious negative feedback about the player.

Do you think McD communicates with folks at OBD? Do you find it coincidental that the two guys looking for big contracts both have big attitudes and both were sent packing? Do you then again find it coincidental that #99 isn't really meshing with the staff??

No McD didn't coach him, all he needed to see/hear was that he wasn't a team guy and those bags were packed.

Edited by Commonsense

Hey smart ass get a clue, Bert Breer has connections inside OBD and when he asked about Gilmore he got some serious negative feedback about the player.

Do you think McD communicates with folks at OBD? Do you find it coincidental that the two guys looking for big contracts both have big attitudes and both were sent packing? Do you then again find it coincidental that #99 isn't really meshing with the staff??

No McD didn't coach him, all he needed to see/hear was that he wasn't a team guy and those bags were packed.

What I am saying is simple. I believe McD plays zone coverages, and that he wants guys that cover their assignments. And he wants guys that tackle and wrap up. That is clear from watching the D this year; they swarm to the ball and are good tacklers. I suspect McD knew from film etc. that Gilmore didn't fit those. So when McD arrived he had no interest in keeping him for the big money he'd get in free agency.

The article you've mentioned talked about his attitude based primarily on talking to players. I'm sure his attitude wasn't attractive to the new staff, but to me icing on the cake. To me McD just knew he didn't match what he wanted in a CB.

What I am saying is simple. I believe McD plays zone coverages, and that he wants guys that cover their assignments. And he wants guys that tackle and wrap up. That is clear from watching the D this year; they swarm to the ball and are good tacklers. I suspect McD knew from film etc. that Gilmore didn't fit those. So when McD arrived he had no interest in keeping him for the big money he'd get in free agency.

The article you've mentioned talked about his attitude based primarily on talking to players. I'm sure his attitude wasn't attractive to the new staff, but to me icing on the cake. To me McD just knew he didn't match what he wanted in a CB.

Primarily talking to players? He specifically said guys that played with him and coached him. When thinking about inking a guy to a deal that big don't you think coaches cover all their bases. I don't find it a stretch that McD would talk to Donnie Henderson and others.

I do agree that Gilmore sucks in zone. I have been calling him a liability for a long while now.

The only reasonable explanation that the Boston media has come up with for the Gilmore signing is that BB blinded himself with the anger he had for Butler and his agent.

Butler was a restricted FA and he wanted his pay day, Gilmore was unrestricted. The local guys think BB wanted to prove a point to Butler and the agent. Perhaps Billy Boy should have called up Henderson or looked at TBD to get more insight on GILLY LOCK.

Primarily talking to players? He specifically said guys that played with him and coached him. When thinking about inking a guy to a deal that big don't you think coaches cover all their bases. I don't find it a stretch that McD would talk to Donnie Henderson and others.

I do agree that Gilmore sucks in zone. I have been calling him a liability for a long while now.

The only reasonable explanation that the Boston media has come up with for the Gilmore signing is that BB blinded himself with the anger he had for Butler and his agent.

Butler was a restricted FA and he wanted his pay day, Gilmore was unrestricted. The local guys think BB wanted to prove a point to Butler and the agent. Perhaps Billy Boy should have called up Henderson or looked at TBD to get more insight on GILLY LOCK.

Agreed. I find it refreshing to see CBs this year that actually wrap guys up with a tackle rather than dive and just throw a shoulder and hope.

oh come on! BB saw this as a chance to screw a divisional rival as well

All i wanna know is bow do you guys remember everyones individual stances. I have to give it to you all. I.cant even remember who thinks Tyrod sucks... besides MAJbobby. I have to thank you all for such great reads while I am at work

If I remember correct Gilmore played almost 90% man coverage in Rex Ryan's defense. The Patriots play a ton of zone but switch it up a lot. Gilmore is a good CB but I think he will need until week 10 before he starts playing at a higher level.

Half of Rex's playbook was zone--lots of Cover 6, but mixed in 2/3/4 as well.