Swimming Naked in Gym

Gugny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of swimming w/o a suit ....

Where do you put a wed suit when you return to class? In your stinky roach infested locker?

Edison Tech on Clifford Ave was in the 70's was around 100 years old at the time. The pool and Gym were add onto the original building

My son puts his in a grocery bag and brings it home the same day.

My son puts his in a grocery bag and brings it home the same day.

Right about the time nude swimming in gym class went the way of the dinosaur:

"From the 1960s on, the company had pursued an aggressive policy on polyethylene packaging patents and by 1977 was producing its own bags. Plastic grocery bags were introduced in America in 1979; Kroger and Safeway had picked them up in 1982. But relatively few stores were using them."

Right about the time nude swimming in gym class went the way of the dinosaur:

"From the 1960s on, the company had pursued an aggressive policy on polyethylene packaging patents and by 1977 was producing its own bags. Plastic grocery bags were introduced in America in 1979; Kroger and Safeway had picked them up in 1982. But relatively few stores were using them."

Were backpacks, with the intention of school use even available in the mid 70's?

I recall having to buy a large heavy duty plastic bag ~ 11 x 14 for carrying my books home from school.

A wet suit would have ruined the books and I'd have had to reimburse the school for them

by my senior year 75-76 I stopped bringing books home.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Were backpacks, with the intention of school use even available in the mid 70's?

I recall having to buy a large heavy duty plastic bag ~ 11 x 14 for carrying my books home from school.

A wet suit would have ruined the books and I'd have had to reimburse the school for them

by my senior year 75-76 I stopped bringing books home.

Let alone a separate wet pocket in bag. "Gym bags" were the norm:

"...I've got a blue-and-red Adidas bag and a humongous binder

I'm trying my best not to look like a minor niner

I went out for the football team to prove that I'm a man

Guess I shouldn't tell them that I like Duran Duran..'"

I graduated HS in 1986... & it seemed backpacks were still @ the college level for most part. First backpack I had for school was when I started college (yes, hard to believe, I was accepted for higher learning).

I graduated HS in 1986... & it seemed backpacks were still @ the college level for most part. First backpack I had for school was when I started college (yes, hard to believe, I was accepted for higher learning).

Graduated HS in 1989 and gym bags were the norm. Stopped at lockers between classes (maybe every other) to change books.

Today, it's all backpacks. My son (freshman) doesn't even use his locker. He carries a backpack all day, brings it home and then loads up whatever binders/notebooks he needs for the following day's classes. He has two text books (Global Studies and Science) that stay home 100% of the time (teacher's suggestion).

Every student has a school-issued chromebook that most classes use daily.

Graduated HS in 1989 and gym bags were the norm. Stopped at lockers between classes (maybe every other) to change books.

Today, it's all backpacks. My son (freshman) doesn't even use his locker. He carries a backpack all day, brings it home and then loads up whatever binders/notebooks he needs for the following day's classes. He has two text books (Global Studies and Science) that stay home 100% of the time (teacher's suggestion).

Every student has a school-issued chromebook that most classes use daily.

Yeah... What is it with people and bags, backpacks. I come into to work and people are bring bringing bags. I say: "What do you got in there?" Holy Moly! Now I can see family, little children, you usually pack a whole bunch of crap.

Don't people travel light anymore. Children coming out of school look like pack animals. I saw one kid with a pack on his back & and another pack worn on the front.

Don't they know enlightenment is non-attachment. 😉

Yeah... What is it with people and bags, backpacks. I come into to work and people are bring bringing bags. I say: "What do you got in there?" Holy Moly! Now I can see family, little children, you usually pack a whole bunch of crap.

Don't people travel light anymore. Children coming out of school look like pack animals. I saw one kid with a pack on his back & and another pack worn on the front.

Don't they know enlightenment is non-attachment.

I graduated HS in 1976.

I had a Boy Scout Knapsack at the time. I spent 3 months on crutches my senior year from a broken ankle. I might have used one then, but I may also have been too high to remember.

Has anyone else noticed that Mead is genuinely turned on by this discussion??

If I had to guess, I'd say that 75% of his posts/shouts have something to do with nudity; usually his own.