Jones vs Jones

I have a sneaky feeling Zay Jones is going to get past the yips today - predicting a breakout game. Falcons focus on Clay and Matthews after tape shows TT's in-sync with them. Zay gets his chances and comes through. Julio's back is hurt. Against all odds, Zay has a better day than Julio and is the superior Jones wideout in Bills stunning upset of home favorite Falcons.

Qualtificaiton: The kind of breakout I mean is 3-5 catches and 50 to 80 yards. Not saying he is going for 150 or anything, just that he becomes a contributor. Wishful thinking perhaps, seems like a really fine young man.

"in synch" is not a real thing...

It's what observers of sports talk about, kind of like "momentum" and "who wants it more" and lots of other accumulated BS over the years.

A QB and his receivers all have to know what routes are supposed to be run on a given play, and then the receivers have to run those routes. Beyond that, any notion of "getting in synch" is just garbage that sort of sounds good, kind of.

Neither in sync nor momentum is a made up thing for observers.

Played a lot of QB over the years. The guys you played with a lot - you knew how to read them better than others. Granted, not NFL route runners by a long shot.

And anyone who ever has played any sport at a decent level has felt momentum shifts. I still remember playing OG in youth football (way to skinny to have ever been a guard), and at times when we got rolling we could not be stopped by a d-line that had been stuffing us earlier. Or in ice hockey, when a line is cooking together and the other team can't get the puck out of the zone. On and on.

It is illogical to think Tyrod and Zay will not develop more chemistry over time. Loving me some Jmatt too!

"in synch" is not a real thing...

It's what observers of sports talk about, kind of like "momentum" and "who wants it more" and lots of other accumulated BS over the years.

A QB and his receivers all have to know what routes are supposed to be run on a given play, and then the receivers have to run those routes. Beyond that, any notion of "getting in synch" is just garbage that sort of sounds good, kind of.

Thanks Sam Harris.