Jones vs Jones

I have a sneaky feeling Zay Jones is going to get past the yips today - predicting a breakout game. Falcons focus on Clay and Matthews after tape shows TT's in-sync with them. Zay gets his chances and comes through. Julio's back is hurt. Against all odds, Zay has a better day than Julio and is the superior Jones wideout in Bills stunning upset of home favorite Falcons.

Qualtificaiton: The kind of breakout I mean is 3-5 catches and 50 to 80 yards. Not saying he is going for 150 or anything, just that he becomes a contributor. Wishful thinking perhaps, seems like a really fine young man.

I hope you're right.

I posted in another thread that I feared his drop in the Carolina game really got into his head. Ever since that game he's seemed to struggle even more. That pass he missed in the end zone that Holmes ended up catching was another that one would've expected him to catch.

I'm hoping for a good game from him tomorrow. I'd be happy with 4 or 5 receptions for 80 yards...just something to start building his confidence back up.

This is the NCAA all-time leader in receptions that we're talking about. Once he finally gets going, I'm confident we'll see the WR we were all hoping for...

They need to give him some easy short throws and get his confidence up. He never had issues catching the ball in college so I don't believe this is a talent for catching issue nearly as much as a mental confidence one.

I agree 100%. They should come out tomorrow and run a quick bootleg drag to him and let him get 8. Maybe a couple of balls on the first few plays. He has the yips at the moment and that can change quickly with a litttld confidence. They need him so it feels like a must.

I agree 100%. They should come out tomorrow and run a quick bootleg drag to him and let him get 8. Maybe a couple of balls on the first few plays. He has the yips at the moment and that can change quickly with a litttld confidence. They need him so it feels like a must.

yep or even a bubble screen

I have a sneaky feeling Zay Jones is going to get past the yips today - predicting a breakout game. Falcons focus on Clay and Matthews after tape shows TT's in-sync with them. Zay gets his chances and comes through. Julio's back is hurt. Against all odds, Zay has a better day than Julio and is the superior Jones wideout in Bills stunning upset of home favorite Falcons.

Qualtificaiton: The kind of breakout I mean is 3-5 catches and 50 to 80 yards. Not saying he is going for 150 or anything, just that he becomes a contributor. Wishful thinking perhaps, seems like a really fine young man.

dude, don't do this to me. I'm forgetful enough but you really had me thinking I completely missed a whole day of the weekend.

Edited by The Wiz

Gets past the yips tomorrow :)

I hope you're right.

I posted in another thread that I feared his drop in the Carolina game really got into his head. Ever since that game he's seemed to struggle even more. That pass he missed in the end zone that Holmes ended up catching was another that one would've expected him to catch.

I'm hoping for a good game from him tomorrow. I'd be happy with 4 or 5 receptions for 80 yards...just something to start building his confidence back up.

This is the NCAA all-time leader in receptions that we're talking about. Once he finally gets going, I'm confident we'll see the WR we were all hoping for...

It's been 1 game since Carolina." Ever since" makes it seem like this has been going on a while.

I dont know if its this week but I do feel that there is going to be a game this year where he is going to absolutely kill it.....and then will be a force from then on.

They need to keep feeding him

I agree. Jones is ready, they just need to unleash him, and watch him do his magic.

It's been 1 game since Carolina." Ever since" makes it seem like this has been going on a while.

Pardon my choice of words. Carolina does seem like it was long, long ago.

...Jesus, how about we cut the kid some slack here?......I think if the kid does not at LEAST match his 2016 ECU numbers as an NFL rook, you label him as a "bust" and cut his sorry azz.....he's had PLENTY of time now to show up & put up IMO.....rook yips are TOTALLY unacceptable.................

...Jesus, how about we cut the kid some slack here?......I think if the kid does not at LEAST match his 2016 ECU numbers as an NFL rook, you label him as a "bust" and cut his sorry azz.....he's had PLENTY of time now to show up & put up IMO.....rook yips are TOTALLY unacceptable.................

Do I sense sarcasm my friend