Eric Lee DE

Did as deep a dive as I could on DE Eric Lee who we just promoted from practice squad. May not be just a guy. He was a 225 lb freshman at USF. Now a 6'3" 260lb defensive end. By comparison, Hughes is 6'2" 256 (also similar to our emerging Eddie Yarbrough - who btw had at least 3 great plays vs Denver -- who is 6'3" 259). Lee is a "quick twitch" athlete with very long limbs. He is unbelievably fast for a DE - ran a 4.56 at his USF pro day. He looks the part.

Had a bunch of sacks in preseason for Texans, but was caught in a numbers game there. Texans fans not happy he was cut. He is also a classic McDermott "high character" guy - team captain, academic honors. Maybe we have something. Limited highlights on him look good. Scouting report out of college said his game is upfield, but he lacks power. That was 20 lbs ago. Two years of being around NFL clubs may have allowed him to address the power point. He looks very powerful now. Was extensively tutored by Mike Vrabel at Texans, who were trying to make him an OLB.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. If Lee is another Yarbrough perhaps we have a decent DE rotation behind Hughes and Shaq. I thought DE was a real weak spot going into camp. If Lee could be decent and join Davis and Yarbrough it would be another example of McBeane doing a nice job patching up a bare spot with little money and no picks used. Let's hope!

Go Bills!

What I am finding quite good is the bills are doing serious tinkering with the "back end" of their roster.......trying to find the right fit guys

Injuries are gonna happen...when that does happen the bills are going to need guys to dont get paid a lot to step in and not suck

This was always where Whaley shined. Hopefully McBean can as well.

Did as deep a dive as I could on DE Eric Lee who we just promoted from practice squad. May not be just a guy. He was a 225 lb freshman at USF. Now a 6'3" 260lb defensive end. By comparison, Hughes is 6'2" 256 (also similar to our emerging Eddie Yarbrough - who btw had at least 3 great plays vs Denver -- who is 6'3" 259). Lee is a "quick twitch" athlete with very long limbs. He is unbelievably fast for a DE - ran a 4.56 at his USF pro day. He looks the part.

Had a bunch of sacks in preseason for Texans, but was caught in a numbers game there. Texans fans not happy he was cut. He is also a classic McDermott "high character" guy - team captain, academic honors. Maybe we have something. Limited highlights on him look good. Scouting report out of college said his game is upfield, but he lacks power. That was 20 lbs ago. Two years of being around NFL clubs may have allowed him to address the power point. He looks very powerful now. Was extensively tutored by Mike Vrabel at Texans, who were trying to make him an OLB.

....thanks for the homework bud....sure sounds pretty promising.....maybe this kid is another Yarbrough type find..................

Thanks for drilling up enthusiasm with this Kid !

I am a fan of watching a player develop as a Bill. Coming up from PS is when i start rooting for these young men.

Eddie Y is a guy I love to watch play already.

And now Eric has a New Fan in me.

whats his number?

I have to mention again, quality up and coming depth is so important to play a whole season and develop talent your own way. Scouting plays such an important role in building a team for long term consistency (winning ! )

Thanks for the most excellent link to some sweet highlights