November 12 game

oldmanfan

Apparently there is a movement afoot to boycott games that day, the day after Veteran's Day. My daughter and I have planned to attend; it will be her first game ever at the stadium and is the only game she can get to because of rehearsals(she's an actor/singer and it's the one weekend she has free).

Here's what we will do. We'll drive in the day before. We'll visit the site where her grandfather's ashes are kept and pay our respects to that Navy veteran. We'll get wings at Duff's and see her cousins. The next day we'll go to New Era and we'll shake the hands of veterans we see there and thank them for their service. We'll party at different tailgates. We'll stand and place our hands over our hearts when the anthem is played, and we'll respect the rights of players to kneel if they do choose even if we don't agree. Then we'll enjoy watching the Bills pound the Saints.

Will you be with me?

The "protesters" may sell their tickets, but the won't eat them. They will sell them and someone will buy them, the stadium will be full.

Players are still going to get paid if the stadium is empty, tickets are mostly already paid for. I think everyone should stand on the seats for the anthem and sing as loud as possible, would send a better message.

Edited by ricojes

So, now the affronted Trumpbots are going target veterans, attempting to disrupt the ceremonies the Bills regularly put on for military vets in honor of Veterans' Day in their pique that the NFL players and owners stood up to their draft-dodger hero and his bullying. Oh, yes!

Anybody can claim they're boycotting anything on social media. My guess is that the loudest voices for boycotting the games come from those who don't have tickets to the games, including many who have probably never been to an NFL football game ... as well as those who have never served, either.

So, now the affronted Trumpbots are going target veterans, attempting to disrupt the ceremonies the Bills regularly put on for military vets in honor of Veterans' Day in their pique that the NFL players and owners stood up to their draft-dodger hero and his bullying. Oh, yes!

Anybody can claim they're boycotting anything on social media. My guess is that the loudest voices for boycotting the games come from those who don't have tickets to the games, including many who have probably never been to an NFL football game ... as well as those who have never served, either.

other than the fact that not all veterans stand United, what should that matter to your point?

The "protesters" may sell their tickets, but the won't eat them. They will sell them and someone will buy them, the stadium will be full.

Players are still going to get paid if the stadium is empty, tickets are mostly already paid for. I think everyone should stand on the seats for the anthem and sing as loud as possible, would send a better message.

Fair points.

NFL doesn't make it's money on attendance anymore anyway.

I like the idea of standing and singing.

To the OP, you don't have to justify "breaking the boycott". Do whatever you see fit, it is your perogative, and you should not miss an opportunity to see a game with your daughter because others want to boycott.

Fair points.

NFL doesn't make it's money on attendance anymore anyway.

I like the idea of standing and singing.

To the OP, you don't have to justify "breaking the boycott". Do whatever you see fit, it is your perogative, and you should not miss an opportunity to see a game with your daughter because others want to boycott.

. Yeah. I was just wondering what others were thinking.

I must have missed something. Why are we protesting against veterans

I think what folks are saying is they will boycott these games to support veterans, in that Veteran's Day is the day before and they feel veterans have been disrespected by the protests last week. I suspect each NFL team will be honoring veterans that Sunday, as will I when I see them.

I think what folks are saying is they will boycott these games to support veterans, in that Veteran's Day is the day before and they feel veterans have been disrespected by the protests last week. I suspect each NFL team will be honoring veterans that Sunday, as will I when I see them.

Must be getting feeble in my old age. If I understand this then, On a week when the NFL is honoring veterans, those that support veterans are going to boycott the supporting ceremonies because there was a previous disrespect of said veterans at a protest that wasn't really about veterans per se. Either I am incapable of understanding the collective mindset of 2017 USA or the whole country has gone freakin' nuts.

I love this idea of being offended FOR veterans. Not all veterans care and many that I have talked to support the right to protest but not all. That's the thing everyone can have their opinion on this and even voice it. That is what the flag represents. That is what the anthem represents. I stand and honestly get chills EVERY time I hear (which is quite often due to being a sports official). I don't really care if others do and definitely don't care to get upset on someone else's behalf. That is their right as an American period.

I love this idea of being offended FOR veterans. Not all veterans care and many that I have talked to support the right to protest but not all. That's the thing everyone can have their opinion on this and even voice it. That is what the flag represents. That is what the anthem represents. I stand and honestly get chills EVERY time I hear (which is quite often due to being a sports official). I don't really care if others do and definitely don't care to get upset on someone else's behalf. That is their right as an American period.

I agree

It depends which Duff's you are going to. If it's the Orchard Park Duff's, I'M IN!!! (love the waitresses there).

Never been to the OP one. Grew up near Sheridan and worked at the McD's down the street so always went to the one on Sheridan.

Must be getting feeble in my old age. If I understand this then, On a week when the NFL is honoring veterans, those that support veterans are going to boycott the supporting ceremonies because there was a previous disrespect of said veterans at a protest that wasn't really about veterans per se. Either I am incapable of understanding the collective mindset of 2017 USA or the whole country has gone freakin' nuts.

plus one. I don't get it either.