I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my thoughts.

They changed schemes and lost a lot of coaching and personnel talent(all self inflicted). They have 0 playmakers outside of McCoy and Taylor. It's a match up league.

And when the offense struggles Taylor will get the blame when the FACTS are that the personnel guys stripped the team of talented offensive players and coaches.

IMO the running game will struggle for most of the year. That should not happen considering where the rushing game was the past couple years.

I agree. I mean...... can anyone think of a wr corp worse than this one at the moment? a lumbering slot wr on one side and rookie with what looks to be a case of the dropsies on the other. YUCK.

In order to have 300 yards you need to throw 30+ times a game. He hasn't done that once this year. Also with no deep threat or play-making WR he isn't going to get the 50+ yard scores that benefit a lot of other QBs right now. Don't think Eli breaks 300 in a game this year or last without OBJ.

Exactly. This isn't gymnastics where you score style points.

People hung up on passing numbers aren't thinking about the risks you take with an inexperienced receiver corps. There is absolutely no reason to air it out when you have a lead, especially when the risk of someone running the wrong route is high.

TT played a solid game. His receivers actually were fantastic. The catches made by the TEs to move the chains was prolific. The catches by Jordan Mathews were fantastic. They seemed to be leading TT to make the throw. When you have McCoy and TT, you are running the ball a lot more than throwing it up. Always play to your advantage.

In order to have 300 yards you need to throw 30+ times a game. He hasn't done that once this year. Also with no deep threat or play-making WR he isn't going to get the 50+ yard scores that benefit a lot of other QBs right now. Don't think Eli breaks 300 in a game this year or last without OBJ.

Sometimes I think some fans would rather see 350 yard 3 TD's in a loss rather than 200 yards 1 TD in a win.

Because it's fun?????? I'd much rather see a team entertain me and go 7-9, vs. bore the snot out of me and go 9-7.......

Again I've defended TT and blamed his results on the OC. The fact they couldn't figure how to make him and Watkins a top offensive duo pissed me to no end.

And now he has less weapons. The coaching staff & front office are to blame.

Was away and didn't post this earlier.

To each his own, but I think watching a great defense that plays aggressive, hits hard and creates turnovers is more exciting than a prolific offense. Everyone has their own taste though.

I bet you'd love the CFL.

Sometimes I think some fans would rather see 350 yard 3 TD's in a loss rather than 200 yards 1 TD in a win.

Since that hasn't happened in 3 years I don't know......

But I will tell you I watch the NFL to be entertained and that is almost always when then offense is moving the ball...

Anyone remember the K-gun? Fun football then.

He is a sneaky efficient QB. Also, a team they are constructed as a throw back. Good defense great running game. The strength of the roster does not go to throwing the ball 30 plus times. He doesn't play QB like most QB's but he does plenty well to win games. Does it matter that he ran 8 ran yards on 3 and 6 vs throwing a slant for 8? He strains the defense and does more to help the run game than and other QB that could start here. I like watching him play. Makes alot of plays and when he gets into rythem he can throw it. Games where they run run pass every possession does not play to his strengths or any QB for that matter. After 30 games as a starter he plays efficient and doesn't throw ints. I will not be surprised if Buffalo makes the playoffs. If they do they would be a dangerous team to play.

Since that hasn't happened in 3 years I don't know......

But I will tell you I watch the NFL to be entertained and that is almost always when then offense is moving the ball...

Anyone remember the K-gun? Fun football then.

Everyone likes to watch points being scored but the Bills are not built for that. I would be surprised if we see a 300 yard game this season from Taylor.

To each his own, but I think watching a great defense that plays aggressive, hits hard and creates turnovers is more exciting than a prolific offense. Everyone has their own taste though.

I bet you'd love the CFL.

Go back to the 70's then? Yes we all get excited when the D plays well. When the opposing D shuts down the Bills, not so much fun.....

Best game I ever saw was SF vs. Buffalo

https://www.espn.com/classic/s/moment010913-no-punt-game.html

Maybe these are yours......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

And ready for a ticker tape parade for the Offense?

Please can we see a 300 yard passing game and a win, which every NFL team but the Bills seem capable of?

Couldn't agree more, McNown threw for 300 for pets sake!

They scored 25 points a game last year. It isn't like they've been a bad offensive team.

I know, different era and all that crap, but I just looked it up and added it up, and in the four seasons that the Bills went to the Super Bowl in a row, with their high powered offense, they averaged exactly 24.95 points per game.

But Siemian was Peyton Manning, and Denver was supposed to destroy us? Give me a break. Fans always do this. If we lose vs. a good team, we suck; if we beat a good team, that team wasn't good.

That is true. In saying that, I think Denver is a very good home team, and a mediocre road team. Overall probably a 9-10 win team who will win 6 or 7 of those at home. But regardless, the Bills still beat a pretty good team and earned it

That is true. In saying that, I think Denver is a very good home team, and a mediocre road team. Overall probably a 9-10 win team who will win 6 or 7 of those at home. But regardless, the Bills still beat a pretty good team and earned it

Just not true. They're actually a pretty good road team.