Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

'Nuff said.

This is actually proof positive supporting my position.

Orton throws for 3000+ yds, takes us to a winning season and just look at the bottom of that screen shot. "Ryan Fitzpatrick throws for 13 of 19 for 135 yards FINAL SCORE!!!" Now that's the caliber of player we've had in the past 17 years. Yet you all denigrate and attack the only QB who has taken us to the promised land of competitive football. "Real" Bills fans reward success; they don't laugh in the face of a competitor. #disheartened

Good god no.

A guy who didn't want to play football.

Came out of retirement because of $$

Then quit again.

God friggin no.

I'm with Dave: "God friggin no." Drew Bledsoe and Ryan Fitzpatrick deserve to be on the WOF long before Kyle Orton, and I wouldn't vote for either one of them, either, although they both played better than Orton.

Orton throws for 3000+ yds, takes us to a winning season and just look at the bottom of that screen shot. "Ryan Fitzpatrick throws for 13 of 19 for 135 yards FINAL SCORE!!!" Now that's the caliber of player we've had in the past 17 years. Yet you all denigrate and attack the only QB who has taken us to the promised land of competitive football. "Real" Bills fans reward success; they don't laugh in the face of a competitor. #disheartened

What's ironic is Fitz's name in the graphic. We all know Fitz would have gotten that first down. Orton is a gutless pu$$y, and shame on the OP for even bringing up this topic.

Fergy is two steps ahead!

Don't judge Orton compared to Fitzy...

Judge him compared to the other folks on the wall. You will find there is no comparison.

Taylor has 2 seasons over 3000 yards with the Bills, him too?

Fact is, 3000 yards is not an impressive stat. As I stated on page 2, it wasn't even top 20 that year. Just because we have had garbage for decades doesn't mean we should reward less smelly garbage as fame-worthy.

What's ironic is Fitz's name in the graphic. We all know Fitz would have gotten that first down. Orton is a gutless pu$$y, and shame on the OP for even bringing up this topic.

Is this a public shaming or just a private shaming? If it's the latter try private messaging me.

Don't judge Orton compared to Fitzy...

Judge him compared to the other folks on the wall. You will find there is no comparison.

Taylor has 2 seasons over 3000 yards with the Bills, him too?

Fact is, 3000 yards is not an impressive stat. As I stated on page 2, it wasn't even top 20 that year. Just because we have had garbage for decades doesn't mean we should reward less smelly garbage as fame-worthy.

As I said, if you extrapolate 12 games for 3000 yds to a full 16 game season he would be over 4000 yards. Plus, the ESPN stats show that he got better toward the end of the season so if he played those first games instead of EJ, he would have been in his prime by game 6 through 16. He would have easily surpassed 4000 yards and 28 TD's which is Wall-worthy.

It seems some people on here want to reward mediocrity but scoff in the face of gamesmanship and talent. Gone are the days of rewarding success unless that success is packaged in perfect gold wrapping paper with no flaws.

As I said, if you extrapolate 12 games for 3000 yds to a full 16 game season he would be over 4000 yards. Plus, the ESPN stats show that he got better toward the end of the season so if he played those first games instead of EJ, he would have been in his prime by game 6 through 16. He would have easily surpassed 4000 yards and 28 TD's which is Wall-worthy.

It seems some people on here want to reward mediocrity but scoff in the face of gamesmanship and talent. Gone are the days of rewarding success unless that success is packaged in perfect gold wrapping paper with no flaws.

One season is not Wall worthy.

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

I'd support this only if Felton Huggins joins him on the Wall.

But you can't extrapolate. How many other qbs on that list missed games? Lots of "if's" in this post. Wall of fame is not for if's and maybes, it is what have you actually done. He actually threw for the 22nd ranked yards, actually didn't make the playoffs, and actually quit on us after 1 season.

Even if you did extrapolate, and all the if's were true, he still isn't a wall candidate for 1 playoff-less year.

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

This says a lot about how low this franchise has fallen. To consider a QB that played only 12 games for our Wall of Fame says a lot.

To those who opposes the OP's view, what are your thoughts on Tyrod? Not as a wall of fame candidate, but just whether you think he is good, with the potential to be great or whether you think he sucks with the potential to be average at best.

Kind of a tbd litmus test.