SB Nation: The Patriots have three fatal flaws this season

YoloinOhio

The Fatal Flaw is about 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, long thick hair, and walks around with a puss on his face. He is often seen chasing WR's towards the endzone at half speed, other times he likes to be used as a hurdle. He is having the time of his life playing on national TV. Where's Waldo.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The early returns are that both Gillisle and Gillmore were major reaches by Bellichick.

Can you imagine that luxury though? You already have a stud qb and offensive weapons so you can go out and grab the top corner and probably overpay for a running back without fear. If it doesn't work out you'll only win 11 games on your way to the afc championship game at worst. That's how the other half live.

They can be beaten, by teams that can score 30+.

Agreed, I think Brady misses Edleman a ton but come on, they are averaging like 35 points a game. Nothing wrong with the offense. It is the defense that is concerning & I just don't think this time it is early season kinks. They are just not very good. Their front 7 stink & their much hyped secondary is not playing very well. They will win 12 games because teams in this league just can't score no matter how many holes the defense has. This story has been written before & it always has the same ending, with the Patriots coming out on top,

There are a lot of games left to play out. It's hard to get excited right now. The Patriots know how to make adjustments and hide their weak points.

And even if they drop a few more games than normal, it's hard to picture them winning less than 10 and losing the AFC East. Once a team makes the playoffs, anything can happen. Besides the Chiefs, nobody looks dominant in the AFC.

With that said, it's fun to see Mike Gillislee and Stephon Gilmore as two of the primary scapegoats so far. The Bills took A LOT of grief from the national media and their own fans for letting those guys walk to New England. Chris Collinsworth couldn't wait to mock us in the first game of the season. It's nice to see it turning around.

There are a lot of games left to play out. It's hard to get excited right now. The Patriots know how to make adjustments and hide their weak points.

And even if they drop a few more games than normal, it's hard to picture them winning less than 10 and losing the AFC East. Once a team makes the playoffs, anything can happen. Besides the Chiefs, nobody looks dominant in the AFC.

With that said, it's fun to see Mike Gillislee and Stephon Gilmore as two of the primary scapegoats so far. The Bills took A LOT of grief from the national media and their own fans for letting those guys walk to New England. Chris Collinsworth couldn't wait to mock us in the first game of the season. It's nice to see it turning around.

The Patriots are usually have slow starts to the season. Right now, their offense is winning the games for them. It's possible their defense will improve throughout the season (I hope not).

According to that article, it seems Gillislee and Gilmore are the new whipping boys. I wished the Bills would have kept Gillislee, but it didn't work out. With Gilmore and with any good player in the secondary, they are usually very hard to resign after their rookie deals as their second contract is usually astronomical. We've seen the Bills lose good secondary players over the years to free agency: Winfield, Clements, Byrd, and Greer, so it's no surprise the Bills did not resign Gilmore.

Another thing I noticed with Gilmore over the years with the Bills is that he seems to have struggles early on in the season, but gets progressively better as the season goes along. I'm sure the same thing is happening with him in NE, which is what people who never followed him closely are finding out about him.

It will be interesting to see how the Panthers fare in NE this weekend because I think they are similar to the Bills. Can a team with a solid defense, but with offensive limitations, beat the Pats? Texans came very close on Sunday.

I think every logical and well-minded Bills fan knew this would happen. Even in his 3 touchdown game, Gillislee was only producing 3 YPC. Hasn't shown any of that big play ability like he did in Buffalo with his limited carries.

Paging BADOL and ScottLaw. Paging BADOL and ScottLaw. Cleanup on Aisle 6.