I'm not sure why, but next week's game has the feel of...

Rubes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta barely got by Chicago and Detroit. They have not faced a defense of the level thus far demonstrated by the Bills. I, for one, expect a win.

What I'm wondering is how the football intelligencia will explain away why Atlanta wasn't as good as thought. The Bills will have to go 7-1 or 6-2 before they are given any credit.

Atlanta barely got by Chicago and Detroit. They have not faced a defense of the level thus far demonstrated by the Bills. I, for one, expect a win.

What I'm wondering is how the football intelligencia will explain away why Atlanta wasn't as good as thought. The Bills will have to go 7-1 or 6-2 before they are given any credit.

Since Chicago beat the Steelers and hung with the Falcons (actually should have won)...I think they might actually be competitive this year.

Detroit I think is actually good too.

Best away game weekend ever! Halloween weekend and thousands of Bills fans owning Bourbon Street???

Already looking forward to 2021 when we go there again.

Definitely going to put that one on the calendar. Won't make that mistake twice.

...this one from 4 years ago:

Bills vs. Saints 2013

Obviously we're a different team now, but I think even though we were 3-4 entering that game on the road against a 5-1 opponent, there was still some sense that maybe we could hang with them and somehow pull it out. We did hang with them in the first half, but got spanked in the second half.

Still suffering from BBFS. I hate getting my hopes up for games like this.

It's a road game against--maybe--the best team in the NFL; get your hopes up at your own peril...

For me, I just "hope" to see them be competitive.

The Bills can win this game on the road, but have to do two things. 1 - They must win the turnover battle. Denver did better than us in the running game, passing game, and special teams. The only reason the Bills won is because they were +2 in turnovers. Based on the history of the NFL, a +2 turnover margin means you win the game about 95% of the time. Most people would probably believe that I would have as my #2 that we must run the football. I do not. #2 for me is actually that they have to get pressure on Matt Ryan. Detroit was actually +3 in turnovers this past Sunday and they still lost. They barely touched Matt Ryan and he passed for almost 300 yards. He did whatever he wanted to. I don't think that Buffalo or Atlanta has much success on the ground, at least as it pertains to the running backs. Both teams have good defenses against the run. I think that the team that gets after the others quarterback better is the team that causes the other team to make mistakes and wins.