What if pro-life players demonstrated during the anthem?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Far as I can tell, the protests did not disrupt the games for one second. All started on time and did not have any effect once the games began.

If by "distraction" the protests have called attention to a major social issue, well, then mission accomplished.

You don't believe American Muslims have the right to protest?

That is not what I said

Wrong. They absolutely believe in telling other people what they can and cannot do. Leftists in general are the least tolerant of all people.

That is not what he said.

Haha good point

Do you right wingers not use BLUE Cheese? Use ranch instead because it sounds more country?

Oh hell no. Was in Cali a few years ago and getting wings at a restaurant. Waitress asks if I wanted ranch for my wings. Scared her when I slammed my hand on the table and said no, you only use blue cheese with wings. Never ranch.

Oh hell no. Was in Cali a few years ago and getting wings at a restaurant. Waitress asks if I wanted ranch for my wings. Scared her when I slammed my hand on the table and said no, you only use blue cheese with wings. Never ranch.

The picture of that in my head just made me laugh out loud. And I'm sitting in a chicken restaurant in LA having lunch right now. Ha.

What if they prostrated themselves (laying face down, flat...a religiously humbling position) during the national anthem?

Please, I am not trying to start a debate on this board about the politics of the abortion issue but more just a "what if"...what would you feel about that?

It's freedom of speech. It's most likely a position by those players to give a voice to the innocent.

Btw, just for the record, I am not against the current protests. I wish they wouldn't do it during the national anthem, but I do get

The NFL would fine them, the media would SCREAM about how they are bringing politics into sports. ESPN would tell us that this protest is another example of how football players abuse women and oppress them. The owners would all appologize....

Chick-fil-a?

Ha. Nope. I've never actually seen a Chic-fil-a, outside of Florida. Never ate at one. I know there is some controversy over it but I honestly don't know what it is, outside of lefties pissed about something. It doesn't even look good in ads.

This was an El Polo Loco. Doin' my part for the Meskins. Tomorrow I'll go to Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles. Mmmm.

Directly no, but implicitly yes. Exact words from Alabama:

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a B word off the field right now. He is fired. He's fired!'"

Asking " wouldn't you love to see " an NFL owner fire the player is a far cry from saying that they can't do it and should be fired. Unless you interpret those words through the CNN prism. I'd be ok if the players staged a pro- life protest as long as a pro choice protest was allowed right next to them. And it didn't take place during the playing of the anthem. The whole idea of a protest without a counter protest or just a protest inside the stadium before a football game is a bad idea for a litany of reasons and should be squashed.

Ha. Nope. I've never actually seen a Chic-fil-a, outside of Florida. Never ate at one. I know there is some controversy over it but I honestly don't know what it is, outside of lefties pissed about something. It doesn't even look good in ads.

This was an El Polo Loco. Doin' my part for the Meskins. Tomorrow I'll go to Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles. Mmmm.

It's a privately held corporation. The owner is a devout Christian. Sorry, I didn't offer a trigger warning before typing that.

He keeps his establishments closed on Sunday. It's a religious conviction which the left has had hissy fits and conniptions about. How DARE he not serve us on Sundays!

Edited by Nanker

It's a privately held corporation. The owner is a devout Christian. Sorry, I didn't offer a trigger warning before typing that.

He keeps his establishments closed on Sunday. It's a religious conviction which the left has had hissy fits and conniptions about. How DARE he not serve us on Sundays! http://youtu.be/JN99jshaQbY

That's it? Jesus Louiseus. The Bills have been closed most Sundays for the last couple decades.

He's not a deviant polyglot like we are...

Heavier on the deviant in my case, I'm sure.

Well doesn't poly-glottos come from "many tongued?"

Without looking anything up first, I'm going to guess that it's closer to "many throated", but there's not much practical difference between the two I suppose.