Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

Bruce and Thurman were both interviewed about it and came out in support of the players who chose to kneel.

...thank you for update....just never saw Thurmal's name mentioned in the media.....then again Kelly is the spotlight guy....when Mario was en route to Buffalo, his first stop was Kelly's house....both are avid hunters....and I got forwarded text pics that Kelly took in his back yard because there were deer and wild turkey.....he was chomping at the bit because he wanted Mario to see first hand...Mario signed and bought the house on the cul de sac across from Jimbos....LOL.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the only one who was brave this week. Now Tomlin gets to poop on the Army Vet because of some "protest" the subject of which the protesters are not even sure.

Seriously, ask all 200 kneelers what they're squabbling about and youll get 300 different answers. The sum of the reasons being "equality for me but not for thee."

Seriously, does anyone in this ITT even know what is being protested? I swear if you put every person commenting here into a room and asked them that question the answers would be more diverse than the NFL.

What exactly was brave about walking out where everyone could see you and cheer?

just speaking for old-timers like me.. and essentially for myself.. Hughes should not go there.. i know all the millennials do not get Kelly. and what he means.. but not a place i would trespass on .. JMHO.. and i do not want to exclude the non- millennials. im sure there are Kelly haters.. learned that from another thread..

Great post!

So you think this is all about spoiled millionaires disrespecting the military and flag and not about drawing attention to racial injustice? I mean it's not like rich NFL players have their lives threatened by police because they think they might be a crime suspect.

Right, I mean it's not like everyone in this country is taught from the time they are little to stand for the anthem out of respect. To deny one viewpoint to champion another doesn't further the conversation. Especially when it is done in a condescending way. People have to realize that the act of kneeling during the anthem is by definition disrespectful and that will anger some people. I understand the protest, I don't think anyone should have to work about being shot because they were born black or brown (yeah that will anger someone, my apologies) but to try and silence our shout down an opposing view fixes nothing. Facts on both sides need to be aknowledged. The protest is undertaken as is because it brings attention.

What exactly was brave about walking out where everyone could see you and cheer?

Having the courage to stand up for what he thought was right regardless of what those around him were doing? Is common sense really dead today?

ok, so about these ribs. i have them on the skillet. now what?

No you cook them and pm your your address. I'll bring the beer.

So we have seen criticism of a lot of different forms of protest. What's the preferred method for those offended by the kneeling?

Standing, with your hand over your heart and hat removed...

Really, if you're not offending people, it's not really a protest, is it?

Why all the fuss about a bunch of spoiled millionaires jumping on bandwagon? I couldn't care less what these guys think of anything other then their jobs. That said, Hughes comments were reaonsable as was Kelly's. Once all the patronizing and "me toos" subside the guys should think about what brought them to a stadium packed with thousands of people and is broadcast to millions - football.

Agreed. They are two guys voicing their different opinions. Big deal. The two people who agree on everything are...umm...

I like that they both stuck up for something and will still be part of the same community.

Go Bills.