Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...sadly, "older than dirt" as in "back to '62"........and I like my Sundays full of football and devoid of politics.....did I say something wrong?......

."EXACTLY....let them establish their own identity.......Kelly's yap only degrades HIMSELF......who and where was HIS ownership group (COUGH)?......Grandma said, "better seen and not heard sonny".................why pick on Kelly.. there are enough asshats on here that are now doing that.. just surprised.. those of us who go back.. know what Kelly means.. meant.. to the city.. franchise.

Edited by dwight in philly

It's unfortunate that the issue of having alumni players on the sidelines at every game has to come up in the light of the player protests controversy, but I've been saying for years that too much of it is not a good thing. Once in a while sure, have the HOF greats be a presence at a game but every week encroaches on the legacies that current players are trying to mold. Kelly, Thurman and the other home town resident players are secure in their legacies and can enjoy games from the luxury suites available to them. Sidelines should be off limits on a regular basis.

It's unfortunate that the issue of having alumni players on the sidelines at every game has to come up in the light of the player protests controversy, but I've been saying for years that too much of it is not a good thing. Once in a while sure, have the HOF greats be a presence at a game but every week encroaches on the legacies that current players are trying to mold. Kelly, Thurman and the other home town resident players are secure in their legacies and can enjoy games from the luxury suites available to them. Sidelines should be off limits on a regular basis.

Is this a normal thing throughout the rest of the league?

edit: legacy players on the sidelines

Edited by stony

I'm not surprised Jimbo's riled up, but I side with Hughes on this one.

Jimmy has to realize he's not a member of the the 2017 Bills. If he want's to express his opinion, he should do so without question. But the gray area he's crossing is to stand in that line of players and act like he's one of them. He's not, and that reality better sink in pretty fast if this isn't going to fester into something larger...

doesnt matter.. moot as far as this discussion IMHO.. kelly has done more for this franchise than anyone on that field yesterday.. Quibble if you will .. but it is true.. again.IMHO

Ahhhhh, nostalgia. And it does matter. It wasn't his place.

Edited by stony

."EXACTLY....let them establish their own identity.......Kelly's yap only degrades HIMSELF......who and where was HIS ownership group (COUGH)?......Grandma said, "better seen and not heard sonny".................why pick on Kelly.. there are enough asshats on here that are now doing that.. just surprised.. those of us who go back.. know what Kelly means.. meant.. to the city.. franchise.

....not picking on him by any means...look how many ex-Bills still live in Buffalo/WNY and contribute substantially to the community...Thurmal and Tasker immediately come to mind.....so don't add fuel to the fire which he apparently did to get Hughes to comment.....the whole thing is a gigantic mess and messing with my Sundays....I'm not here to debate the politics bud...........

Good question probably far more regular then we know. I don't watch all 256 games though haha.

I know for the Bills especially since I'd say 2008ish they really have amped up the 90s guys being around a lot.

....not picking on him by any means...look how many ex-Bills still live in Buffalo/WNY and contribute substantially to the community...Thurmal and Tasker immediately come to mind.....so don't add fuel to the fire which he apparently did to get Hughes to comment.....the whole thing is a gigantic mess and messing with my Sundays....I'm not here to debate the politics bud...........

ok if you say so.. but not the impression i got...anyway.. and i agree .. i dont want this.. but ill be g-damned if a guy like Hughes can say what he wants its OK..Kelly offers his opinion.. Hughes doesnt like it? dont get it

I love Jimbo, but to me it's not a matter of just being on the field--it's him wanting to take an active role while being there, like some sort of junior John Elway.

Sorry Jimmy, but I don't think that's appropriate, despite your name being up on the WOF...

Shame on Jim for saying something that wont help the team play better football, and cause a distraction.

This is a polarizing issue so anything to fire players about anything other than football is counter productive.

He should understand the importance of pulling a team together, rather than ripping it apart.

Shame on Jim for saying something that wont help the team play better football, and cause a distraction.

This is a polarizing issue so anything to fire players about anything other than football is counter productive.

He should understand the importance of pulling a team together, rather than ripping it apart.

In the past I'd be more fearful of the impact on the team but McD seems to really have this group buying into each other so its more of an annoying headache then issue. Not sure how many wins the whole buy in thing is worth this year but long term I think it will help.