Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

Is it doing worse than previous years? Yes. But it's still fine. And these protests have nothing to do with any kind of ratings decline. Ratings have been trending downward for years. Crappy teams/football (due to the CBA that doesn't allow them to practice enough) and crappy officiating is why ratings are down.

Crappy officiating is the number one issue. It's the reason that I only watch Bills games. NFL games no longer flow well with all of the penalty stoppages. That's without even taking into accounts by all of the games that are deciding by the refs. The Rams vs 49ers Thursday night game was a great one, only to be decided by the refs. I felt like I'd be cheated out of three hours of my life. I'm more concerned with how the Pats can commit offensive interference every play than I am with this other BS. Biased/borderline crooked officiating ruins a sport.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL is one of the most powerful and successful businesses in the world. Its future continues to be bright. A bunch of yokels burning jerseys and cancelling their ticket is nothing to them.

Is Cripple Creek a tribute that Kneel Young song?

you mean The Band ? good wit though, R

thurman thomas seems to have chosen a side - this doesn't seem like a coincidence:

Thurman Thomas‏@thurmanthomas 9:28 AM - 1 Oct 2017

Repping my dawg @Iam_jerryhughes with my Dog #Henny

DLEN8f3VwAAtMqL.jpg

my politics have me siding with hughes and thurman on this. i wonder if this means kelly and thurman have beef going forward

thurman thomas seems to have chosen a side - this doesn't seem like a coincidence:

Thurman Thomas‏@thurmanthomas 9:28 AM - 1 Oct 2017
Repping my dawg @Iam_jerryhughes with my Dog #Henny
DLEN8f3VwAAtMqL.jpg

my politics have me siding with hughes and thurman on this. i wonder if this means kelly and thurman have beef going forward

Why would they? Kelly and Hughes have already talked and respect each other's opinions. I'm sure Kelly and Thomas can too.

You are misinterpreting my comment as a complaint and I never said disgraceful. I understand freedom of expression but my point is there has got to be a better way. There is such a thing as flag etiquette and if it wasn't understood as disrespectful then why would the players use it as a protest in the first place?

Here is just one section of flag etiquette:

•All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

So it is not in my own mind which was a rude way to frame the discussion. Not everyone loves the military but you should respect what veterans have given in service to this country as represented by the flag.

where is it written that kneeling for the anthem is a disgraceful, disrespectful act?

(the correct answer is in your own mind)

Sometimes the country needs a wake up call.

There are so many in this country who (a) think there is no more racial equality problem, (b) doesn't care that there is a racial equality problem, or © is glad there is a racial equality problem because it benefits them personally.

To me, the flag/anthem represents exactly what you say - the idealism of freedom, liberty and equality and to honor those who stood for them (especially but not excluded to the military). That's why I will always stand.

But that flag/anthem doesn't mean the same to everyone. And even if it does, it doesn't prevent one from making a statement in this way when they find it necessary.

Very well said. My point is they could find a way to make a statement that isn't as divisive as kneeling during the national anthem.

Why would the "average white guy in the stands" feel "mad and disrespected" by the black players who are exercising their first amendment right? If they're mad then that's on them.

I don't think we should make it about race. I am sure many people of all backgrounds are upset - not because they don't have the right but because they choose to use it in this way instead of another way of stating their concerns.

How about people just stop being idiots. That's why they're offended by a simple protest. Because they can't understand the other side's point of view or they're too simple-minded to think outside the box.

Villenueva (the Pittsburgh lineman) apologized because he did it the wrong way. Exactly what you're claiming the kneelers are doing. Did you even listen to him explain himself?

He simply didn't understand the situation and was also a victim of peer pressure. You know what we did in the military when we heard the national anthem, but couldn't see the flag? We simply turned in the direction of the song and stood at attention. Simple. Logical. That's all Villanueva had to do and he realized that after the fact, so he apologized. He didn't mean to divide his team or contribute to such a stupid, stupid, stupid crusade.

People can protest how they want. The flag represents SO many things to all different groups of people. Not just our vets. Or our immigrants. Or our immigrant vets. Our our politicians. Or our minority politicians. Or our young. Or our old.

Holy hell. People need to just shut the !@#$ up, unless they have something worthwhile to say.

So you just called me an idiot and told me to shut the hell up because I don't share your opinion and declared that Villenueva did something the wrong way. If everyone is allowed to protest (or not) how they want why does he have to apologize for "dividing" his team. This is my point, if you want to convince a larger group of your viewpoint and that something needs attention it is wise to do so in a way that doesn't upset people that happen to think differently about an important symbol than you do. Of course, people can protest how that want which is what makes this country special. But it doesn't mean they shouldn't find a more productive, effective way to do it. I don't think it is wise just to order people not to be offended. Perhaps finding a way not to offend is more helpful toward your cause.

So you just called me an idiot and told me to shut the hell up because I don't share your opinion and declared that Villenueva did something the wrong way. If everyone is allowed to protest (or not) how they want why does he have to apologize for "dividing" his team. This is my point, if you want to convince a larger group of your viewpoint and that something needs attention it is wise to do so in a way that doesn't upset people that happen to think differently about an important symbol than you do. Of course, people can protest how that want which is what makes this country special. But it doesn't mean they shouldn't find a more productive, effective way to do it. I don't think it is wise just to order people not to be offended. Perhaps finding a way not to offend is more helpful toward your cause.

You must have a guilty conscience, because his comments were not made toward you.

Just stop being offended, already, will you??!

John 3:16

Because while on the sideline with the team he criticized its star player

I don't think he did that while on the sidelines................He could have been anywhere and seen Shady do that, and said the same exact thing on the radio. I'm pretty sure he would have.