Falcons fans treating this just like the Broncos did

At least McDermott knows the Falcons pretty well. He coached in their division for 5 years.

The Falcons averaged 23 points during the Panthers during that time.

2016 wasn't good, though. 48 and 33 in their two meetings. That offense is on fire and I think they'll put up a similar number on the Bills. Probably around 30. Especially if Freeman rips off some big runs.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I was all over the Bills having a real shot to beat Denver.

This week, I think Buffalo catches a beat down at the hands of an Atlanta team with too much firepower.

Good defenses get run out of that building routinely, and I don't see Buffalo's offense being able to sustain drives long enough to keep the defenders fresh.

I'm thinking it'll end up something like 30-13 Atlanta

And you know what? I won't think any less of this team if that happens

you take that back!!!! you just cursed them!!

kidding aside, our secondary is our weakest link, followed by offensive game calling (or it's the other way around). While they held up ok in 2nd half against Broncos, Ryan's got too much arm, too much experience. While I think the score will be closer than that, a larger spread isn't in the realm of possibilities.

Our offense is too predictable. Carolina and Denver showed the rest of NFL how to stop Shady's run game in Dennison's scheme. I hope Falcons won't replicate it. We will need one of Tyrod's better games to stay in this game.

At least McDermott knows the Falcons pretty well. He coached in their division for 5 years.

The Falcons averaged 23 points during the Panthers during that time.

2016 wasn't good, though. 48 and 33 in their two meetings. That offense is on fire and I think they'll put up a similar number on the Bills. Probably around 30. Especially if Freeman rips off some big runs.

Didn't help vs Carolina...and Atlanta is much better....I'm hoping for a win, but expecting a loss...

'Member the last time we played them in Toronto? I 'member (unfortunately).

Yup. Was there. Was my son's 21st Bday [present]. Only good thing is that it was very competitive (OT) and was glad for the dude...

Also his first trip to the Anchor Bar that Saturday before - actual 21st - in 8 hours at the bar we crushed 25 Wings and a Beef on Weck with double meat and double fries - and an entire bottle of Sailor Jerry - walked back to hotel.

Aside from the memorable birthday, it was the Iron Bowl "Kick Six" - watched that with my boy at the Anchor Bar. Very cool memory.

Yup. Was there. Was my son's 21st Bday [present]. Only good thing is that it was very competitive (OT) and was glad for the dude...

Also his first trip to the Anchor Bar that Saturday before - actual 21st - in 8 hours at the bar we crushed 25 Wings and a Beef on Weck with double meat and double fries - and an entire bottle of Sailor Jerry - walked back to hotel.

Aside from the memorable birthday, it was the Iron Bowl "Kick Six" - watched that with my boy at the Anchor Bar. Very cool memory.

All said, I've yet to see an offense move at will against the Bills D - Atlanta is as high powered as they come but think the Bills can contain it - even the one TD Denver got was ref-aided and Carolina got nuthin. That's no "earned" TD's in 8+ qtrs. Silly to think they won't break that streak but I think we slow them waaay down. Ryan was picked 3 times in Detroit...we like picks.

Most in play is whether the O can continue its resurgence against a D not as good as Carolina's or Denver's .. Thinking it will ..

It will be a like 17-17 game heading into 5 min left.

No BS ref calls, please and we have a good shot here.

All said, I've yet to see an offense move at will against the Bills D - Atlanta is as high powered as they come but think the Bills can contain it - even the one TD Denver got was ref-aided and Carolina got nuthin. That's no "earned" TD's in 8+ qtrs. Silly to think they won't break that streak but I think we slow them waaay down. Ryan was picked 3 times in Detroit...we like picks.

Most in play is whether the O can continue its resurgence against a D not as good as Carolina's or Denver's .. Thinking it will ..

It will be a like 17-17 game heading into 5 min left.

No BS ref calls, please and we have a good shot here.

i just think that we will get all the BS calls for DPI on Tre White or Gaines as they defend Julio. That's just how these things work. Gotta score points on offense and win TOP this week, it's the only way.

Last week I was all over the Bills having a real shot to beat Denver.

This week, I think Buffalo catches a beat down at the hands of an Atlanta team with too much firepower.

Good defenses get run out of that building routinely, and I don't see Buffalo's offense being able to sustain drives long enough to keep the defenders fresh.

I'm thinking it'll end up something like 30-13 Atlanta

And you know what? I won't think any less of this team if that happens

Bills win 33-24

i just think that we will get all the BS calls for DPI on Tre White or Gaines as they defend Julio. That's just how these things work. Gotta score points on offense and win TOP this week, it's the only way.

Sadly I think you are right - only hope is Falcons are not really NFL darlings like NE, GB, Dallas, and NYG are..

I think we can break even on calls - and become the new darling - haven't made playoffs in 17,000,000,000 years.

Hate the press in general but they luuuuv underdogs.

Coincidence .... Shanny Junior have anything to do with the success the last 2 seasons? IIRC Matt was in a slump prior to Shanny being OC in ATL.

- correct what you think is wrong please

always an adjustment when new coaches come in....we know better than most

Everything I've seen actually is giving some mad respect to the bills and their fans. A lot of people on their board saying this game is going to be closer than a lot of people think. Generally, most of their fans were posting that they'd love to see us win every game (except for the one against them, of course). Actually some intelligent conversation going on over there.

always an adjustment when new coaches come in....we know better than most

unfortunately.

Matty Ice is a (very) good QB as he's proved over his career. Maybe Shanny had that influence maybe he didn't. How much of the Shanny O is his replacement utilizing?

Will it work in our favor? I'm hoping it will.

They were very lucky against both the Bears and the Lions, i don't think they are world beaters especially on defense.

No luckier than the Lions were against the Falcons.

I also dont buy the "lucky" narrative against the Bears. But whatevs.

Coincidence .... Shanny Junior have anything to do with the success the last 2 seasons? IIRC Matt was in a slump prior to Shanny being OC in ATL.

- correct what you think is wrong please

Matt Ryan had arguably his worst season as a pro in year 1 under Shanahan. He had his best season as a pro in year 2.

Prior to Shanahan's arrival, Ryan had stacked 5 consecutive good+ seasons.

They are fans...They are allowed to. Also Atlanta fans are right up there with New England fans in terms of being bandwagon fans

This. and they'll all be eating supposedly cheap food, lamenting the lack of proper tailgating, hanging at the mall, staring at the big round video board under the mechanical sphincter and hooting when they win like they did after the SB.

The Falcons could very easily be 1-2. So I think that the Bills have a shot if the defense continues to be dominant. That being said I do think that the Falcons squeak out a victory. Mainly because I think that the Falcons offense has a better chance to be successful against the Bills defense as opposed to the Bills offense being successful against the Falcons defense.

Our fans are just as cocky.

Remember the 3-0 start a few years ago? You started seeing the 16-0 threads start popping up.

As it is now you have fans digging up all these old threads to call out other fans.

We're 2-1 coming off the best win in a couple of years. But we've seen this movie 1,000 times.

Not sure what movie you're watching. This one starring McDermott is first run.

Didn't help vs Carolina...and Atlanta is much better....I'm hoping for a win, but expecting a loss...

You don't think keeping the Panthers to 3 FGs was good?