Denver Gift

Irv

3rd best team in their own divison and most likely not a playoff team like last year. So no. They were 1 game above .500 and we were 1 game below .500. Pretty even matchup and thus a 3 point spread. Let's beat a team like Atlanta and then we can talk

Oakland didn't look good at all last night

Edited by CNY315

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you thought that about Denver then good for you but most did not feel that way and they definitely don't now if they did. Denver is without question the 3rd best team in their division. KC and Raiders are much better teams. This is Siemian's 2nd year and he's a nobody. He basically handed us that game. Just like us QB play is Denver's achilles heel. Neither of us can compete with the teams with QB's

Wait a minute...Denver is worse than the Raiders because we beat them yet the Raiders just utterly destroyed by the Redskins and are somehow better than Denver still?

Geezus...this logic around is beyond ridiculous. The Raiders game was one of the most in your face beat downs I have ever seen. The only reason Oakland even scored was because of a turnover put them in scoring position. They couldn't run, couldn't pass, couldng block, couldn't do anything on offense...against the Redskins D which is not as talented as the Broncos.

Cant even believe people are trying to downplay what a great win this was for the Bills. Just ridiculous

If you thought that about Denver then good for you but most did not feel that way and they definitely don't now if they did. Denver is without question the 3rd best team in their division. KC and Raiders are much better teams. This is Siemian's 2nd year and he's a nobody. He basically handed us that game. Just like us QB play is Denver's achilles heel. Neither of us can compete with the teams with QB's

The Raiders? Did you seem them get absolutely manhandled by the Redskins who have a subpar defense and all new Wr on offense? I like the Raiders, but they are not clearly better.

If you really think about it, it's an embarrassing win.

:doh: In fact, if you really really think about it, it's really a symbolic loss!

The Raiders? Did you seem them get absolutely manhandled by the Redskins who have a subpar defense and all new Wr on offense? I like the Raiders, but they are not clearly better.

What's up with Derek Carr? He was all wonder-boy last year, Mr Breakthrough, 28 TD 6 INT. It's not like his play has been awful so far, but man, last night he looked like Bambi facing the forest fire or something.

In my original post, I tried not to focus on the Bills performance, rather on how BAD the Broncos played and how BAD they were coached. But we weren't that good. We really never got the running or passing game going. The ricochet TD was total fluke luck. Can't pay that way against good teams with all the freebies the Broncos gave us. We got a gift. They don't give out a lot of gifts in the NFL. Let's see if Ryan throws three INT's this week. Doubtful.

:doh: In fact, if you really really think about it, it's really a symbolic loss!

What's up with Derek Carr? He was all wonder-boy last year, Mr Breakthrough, 28 TD 6 INT. It's not like his play has been awful so far, but man, last night he looked like Bambi facing the forest fire or something.

Bold = Very funny A+

Edited by Badthingsman

So before the game you predicted Denver would dominate us. Now that we beat them Denver is a bunch of nobodies and we are all crazy for thinking Denver was good.

there are no moral losses. Unless you are the Bills.

Im not embarrassed. At least one of those interceptions came as a result of intense pressure on the QB and in the past, fake punts like that have worked and ruined an otherwise good game. And calls like the one on Miller have gone against us. You make your own luck in this league by doing most of the fundamental things right. I am proud, not embarrassed.

Robey's phantom PI call against Jacksonville and Hughes getting a 15 yard penalty for smacking his own teammates helmet after a sack come to mind...

In my original post, I tried not to focus on the Bills performance, rather on how BAD the Broncos played and how BAD they were coached. But we weren't that good. We really never got the running or passing game going. The ricochet TD was total fluke luck. Can't pay that way against good teams with all the freebies the Broncos gave us. We got a gift. They don't give out a lot of gifts in the NFL. Let's see if Ryan throws three INT's this week. Doubtful.

Why not, he did this past week against the Lions...

you want to talk about luck? Atlanta's lucky they aren't 1-2...Should have lost opening day at Chicago and Lions got a raw deal when they overturned Tate's last second TD and ruled him down at the half yard line this past week.

And I guess New England wasn't lucky when that Texans safety dropped a picked when he landed on the ground right before Brady threw that TD to win it...nope...nothing "lucky" about that...Brady must have put some type of super spin on the ball where only his player knew how to catch it right??

It is so irritating when people try so hard to act like no other team in the NFL EVER has anything "lucky" happen to them...as if the Bills are the ONLY team to be beneficieries of a player not playing well or making a bad throw.

Edited by matter2003

You must not watch much NFL football.

1. Teams win every week by playing good defense and forcing the opposition into bad decisions and turnovers.

2. WR's are getting better and I could argue it was a great play by Holmes for paying attention and not giving up on the play on the deflection.

3. Tyrod Taylor had a 126 QB rating against the Broncos defense in 3 years. The next best is 111 by Drew Brees.

4. The Bills have a kicker that can make 50 yarders with ease and he made 3. Every great team has one.

5. The Bills won without a dominant run game for the first time in I don't know when. This is a positive. The run game will be fine against many teams, the passing game is improving.

6. Special teams were close to flawless. ST penalties are coming down every week as they are getting more disciplined. (Also see #4)

7. Coaching was solid all game including a fantastic successful challenge. Also team is playing together like I haven't seen, well, ever from a Buffalo Bills team. That is all coaching.

All of the above proves the Bills played a great game. I'm not sure how there can be any argument against it. And if you try you will look foolish.

I think the point the OP is making is although we played well, Denver made a ton of dumb uncharacteristic mistakes and without those maybe it's a different outcome. So pump the brakes on us being a good team all of a sudden. It's a long season and we haven't even played the tough teams yet

Although I agree that we got some big breaks...I also have watched enough football to remember that many teams make similar mistakes and still win. How many times have the bills been the recipients of such fortuitous breaks, only to squander the advantage? Boneheaded mistakes happen regularly. We just tend to forget the break and remember the final score.

You must not watch much NFL football.

1. Teams win every week by playing good defense and forcing the opposition into bad decisions and turnovers.

2. WR's are getting better and I could argue it was a great play by Holmes for paying attention and not giving up on the play on the deflection.

3. Tyrod Taylor had a 126 QB rating against the Broncos defense in 3 years. The next best is 111 by Drew Brees.

4. The Bills have a kicker that can make 50 yarders with ease and he made 3. Every great team has one.

5. The Bills won without a dominant run game for the first time in I don't know when. This is a positive. The run game will be fine against many teams, the passing game is improving.

6. Special teams were close to flawless. ST penalties are coming down every week as they are getting more disciplined. (Also see #4)

7. Coaching was solid all game including a fantastic successful challenge. Also team is playing together like I haven't seen, well, ever from a Buffalo Bills team. That is all coaching.

All of the above proves the Bills played a great game. I'm not sure how there can be any argument against it. And if you try you will look foolish.

Mic drop

If you really think about it, it's an embarrassing win.

:lol:

Amazing how people can watch football and not understand cause and effect. Amazingly, it turns out that humans are not robots and sometimes make poor decisions under duress.

Fake punt: stuffed

Pick #1: Great coverage everywhere, QB flushed

Pick #2: Great pressure

Denver was undefeated, just trounced the Cowboys, everyone was sucking off their QB and saying they had the best defense in the league. After the Bills beat them they aren't a tough team and probably won't make the playoffs? But of course if they beat the Bills they would still be undefeated, leading the division, a lock for the playoffs and one of the best teams in the AFC with an incredible rookie HC. Very few people thought the Bills would even compete this week and they handled them with relative ease and people downplay it. Crazy.

Also, the Bills were a 3 point dog at home which every knows if they played at Denver they would have been 7 point dogs, about the same as they are to the Falcons.

Denver is a good team and it was a great win, regardless what happens next week.

Yep. Ive been hard on this team. Primarily because they have failed time and time and time again to win these exact type of games. Playing a relatively clean game and letting your opponent beat themselves is nothing to apologize for.

Even though the word is that Von Miller & Tyrod are friends (and Miller was joking around), in the eyes of the Ref,

it was definitely "unsportsman-like conduct". Assume Miller didn't know TT and did that gesture as shown. It was bad judgment and unprofessional.

15 yards - carry on!

If it was the other way around you'd be crying your eyes out

Very happy about the outcome of the game. But Denver really screwed up.

1. Failed fake punt - dumb
  2. Interception #1 - awful
  3. Interception #2 - even worse
  4. Von Miller penalty - freebie from the zebra

I liked the outcome because normally we are the ones doing dumb things or not getting calls. But have you seen two worse interceptions than the ones Trevor Siemian made? That was sandlot worthy. Who does a fake punt in that situation? The Miller penalty was a no call. I also doubt that when the winds start blowing we are going to see two 53+ yard field goals again.

Good coaches like the Hoodie and QB's like Matt Ryan and Tom Brady do not make those kind of mistakes. Need to see more before buying Super Bowl tickets.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

The fake punt wasn't dumb, not at all.

But it was really risky, and it didn't pay off.

And yeah, the Von Miller penalty was just awful. Tyrod was cracking up. The flag should never have been thrown. And IMHO if that flag is never thrown, Denver wins, though there's obviously no way to know.

:lol:

Amazing how people can watch football and not understand cause and effect. Amazingly, it turns out that humans are not robots and sometimes make poor decisions under duress.

Fake punt: stuffed

Pick #1: Great coverage everywhere, QB flushed

Pick #2: Great pressure

Yeah, the Bills handled the punt really well. They didn't expect it, but were prepared. You have to give them tremendous credit.

But nah, the INTs were just poor performances from Siemian. It's not like the rushes were from the blindside or something. The first should never have been thrown and the second should have been thrown five yards further, out of bounds. We got very lucky with Siemian's bad decisions there. The Bills pressure helped create the plays, but if that had been Tyrod (or Jim Kelly for that matter) we'd correctly have been yelling at him for poor decision-making.

Those bad decisions weren't so much forced as simply made.

Robey's phantom PI call against Jacksonville and Hughes getting a 15 yard penalty for smacking his own teammates helmet after a sack come to mind...

Why not, he did this past week against the Lions...

you want to talk about luck? Atlanta's lucky they aren't 1-2...Should have lost opening day at Chicago and Lions got a raw deal when they overturned Tate's last second TD and ruled him down at the half yard line this past week.

And I guess New England wasn't lucky when that Texans safety dropped a picked when he landed on the ground right before Brady threw that TD to win it...nope...nothing "lucky" about that...Brady must have put some type of super spin on the ball where only his player knew how to catch it right??

It is so irritating when people try so hard to act like no other team in the NFL EVER has anything "lucky" happen to them...as if the Bills are the ONLY team to be beneficieries of a player not playing well or making a bad throw.

Equally, it's irritating when people try so hard to mis-state what people say.

He didn't say good luck never happens to other teams. Didn't imply it in any way, that's you creating poor logic when there's none in the post.

Just because good luck happens to all teams doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out when it happens. We really did get lucky.

Having said that, we could still have lost the game, screwing it up and throwing it away. And we didn't. We played a reasonably mistake-free game. And as many here have said, that's a very good thing. Still got very lucky, though.

Edited by Thurman#1