Denver Gift

Irv

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. And turnovers are part of every game in the NFL and usually are the deciding factor. Better let the OP know that. By the way OP, Houston dropped a game ending pick from Brady yesterday.

exactly two plays is the difference between the bills being 3-0 and the pats being 1-2 why is it that that the bills were lucky but the pats werent? Edited by Bronxbomber21

Agree. The refs are supposed to try to curb behavior that could lead to more trouble ... and that looked like an action on Miller's part that could have escalated into something nasty later.

One thing I'm wondering about is how much of a role the heat and humidity played in seeming to take the fight out of the Broncos defense in the second half. I was expecting that D to come out roaring, but it just wasn't anything like the defense in the previous two games ... and it was worse in the second half.

It gets hot in Denver, but the city generally has low humidity. It's also at a high elevation, which is always a plus for Denver at home. I would think that the humidity and higher air pressure because of the lower elevation might have been somewhat draining on the Donkeys, especially their front seven as the game progressed.

About 7 minutes left in the game, during a commercial time out, many of the Broncos D had hands on hips, kneeling down, or were bent over- they were completely spent.

Very happy about the outcome of the game. But Denver really screwed up.

• Failed fake punt - dumb
  • Interception #1 - awful
  • Interception #2 - even worse
  • Von Miller penalty - freebie from the zebra

I liked the outcome because normally we are the ones doing dumb things or not getting calls. But have you seen two worse interceptions than the ones Trevor Siemian made? That was sandlot worthy. Who does a fake punt in that situation? The Miller penalty was a no call. I also doubt that when the winds start blowing we are going to see two 53+ yard field goals again.

Good coaches like the Hoodie and QB's like Matt Ryan and Tom Brady do not make those kind of mistakes. Need to see more before buying Super Bowl tickets.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

The same Matt Ryan that had 3 ints yesterday?

The same refs that gifted Denver's only TD drive with 2 questionable calls for 30 yards and missed a clear holding on their lone TD?

We won a tough , competitive game, nothing flukey about it.

Sincerely,

Realist

I think the point the OP is making is although we played well, Denver made a ton of dumb uncharacteristic mistakes and without those maybe it's a different outcome. So pump the brakes on us being a good team all of a sudden. It's a long season and we haven't even played the tough teams yet

This is the opposite side of the same inconsequential argument. "If it wasn't for this bad call, or this bad play we would have won." Joseph had the option of not going for the fake punt knowing the risk he did it anyway. The White interception, Siemian had the option to either take a sack or take an intentional grounding penalty. In my opinion he was trying to throw it away and have the ball get to the line of scrimmage. In the NFL that is the difference of winning vs losing. For 17 years we held onto the notion that we are not that bad a football team because we always had the bad break. I believe Bruschi said it best "Turnovers/lucky plays in the NFL are made when preparation meets opportunity. Its 1 game but Buffalo made the plays for a change, in the second half there were a few defensive questionable penalties go against them but still found a way to win. A gift win would have been last week in Carolina almost got that one.

Edited by Mat68

Denver is not a tough team?

3rd best team in their own divison and most likely not a playoff team like last year. So no. They were 1 game above .500 and we were 1 game below .500. Pretty even matchup and thus a 3 point spread. Let's beat a team like Atlanta and then we can talk

Who is saying their Super Bowl contenders after this win?

Yeah the Miller was a freebie but the Charles TD run was an egregious hold that wasn't called. Instead of a TD, they are backed up 10 yards.

Washington's hands weren't in the offensive lineman's face. That was a freebie for Denver.

Haushka made those field goals with about 10 yards clearance.

You're acting like the Bills had all the calls and Denver didn't.

Bottom line, we won comfortably at the end.

It was 7 flags apiece around halftime. Then Denver started racking them up.

8 for Bills 10 for Denver

3rd best team in their own divison and most likely not a playoff team like last year. So no. They were 1 game above .500 and we were 1 game below .500. Pretty even matchup and thus a 3 point spread. Let's beat a team like Atlanta and then we can talk

Denvers D is solid. It came down to which Siemian we were facing. We got the Good in the first half and the very Bad in the 2nd half.

Worked out OK

The same Matt Ryan that had 3 ints yesterday?

The same refs that gifted Denver's only TD drive with 2 questionable calls for 30 yards and missed a clear holding on their lone TD?

We won a tough , competitive game, nothing flukey about it.

Sincerely,

Realist

My 2 cents

Wow

Sure refs miss calls on both sides. That's not the point.

The Bills were the better team yesterday.

Matt Ryan had a bad day. Tom Brady has had multiple 3 int games and IIRC against the Bills 4 of them.

Bad days happen to the better QBs

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I liked the outcome because normally we are the ones doing dumb things or not getting calls. But have you seen two worse interceptions than the ones Trevor Siemian made? That was sandlot worthy. Who does a fake punt in that situation? The Miller penalty was a no call. I also doubt that when the winds start blowing we are going to see two 53+ yard field goals again.

Good coaches like the Hoodie and QB's like Matt Ryan and Tom Brady do not make those kind of mistakes. Need to see more before buying Super Bowl tickets.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

QBs do throw bad INTs when they have defenders swarming around them.

Many poster "experts" if they could would have made the call and would have done a fake punt in that situation but of course no one is offering to pay for their opinions. If only teams hired coaching staff from fans like Detroit did with GM from media.

If you really think about it, it's an embarrassing win.

Yes especially if you were hoping for Bills to lose. Well you can always choose Bills again next week in elimination pool.

Denver was undefeated, just trounced the Cowboys, everyone was sucking off their QB and saying they had the best defense in the league. After the Bills beat them they aren't a tough team and probably won't make the playoffs? But of course if they beat the Bills they would still be undefeated, leading the division, a lock for the playoffs and one of the best teams in the AFC with an incredible rookie HC. Very few people thought the Bills would even compete this week and they handled them with relative ease and people downplay it. Crazy.

Also, the Bills were a 3 point dog at home which every knows if they played at Denver they would have been 7 point dogs, about the same as they are to the Falcons.

Denver is a good team and it was a great win, regardless what happens next week.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

Sorry, but this is horse ****. They went for the fake punt, threw crap ints because they were desperate and shutting them down. They needed to make a comeback and we were in their face. They tried to pick on White and he shut that **** down.

I can be a downer as much as anyone, but we straight up took this win from them. It was earned and forced them to play from behind. Its easy to play conservative and make safe throws when you are up.

Edited by Virgil

1. Failed fake punt - dumb
  2. Interception #1 - awful
  3. Interception #2 - even worse
  4. Von Miller penalty - freebie from the zebra

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

So we are supposed to feel bad that another team lost the game

Usually thats us

this^^^

Holmes get credit for being in the right place at the right time.. but this is pure luck.

Is it bad luck then that on the play before Tolbert couldn't just catch and walk in. Honestly both plays would be executed a high percentage of the time. Having both plays go sideways seems very flukey

Denver was undefeated, just trounced the Cowboys, everyone was sucking off their QB and saying they had the best defense in the league. After the Bills beat them they aren't a tough team and probably won't make the playoffs? But of course if they beat the Bills they would still be undefeated, leading the division, a lock for the playoffs and one of the best teams in the AFC with an incredible rookie HC. Very few people thought the Bills would even compete this week and they handled them with relative ease and people downplay it. Crazy.

Also, the Bills were a 3 point dog at home which every knows if they played at Denver they would have been 7 point dogs, about the same as they are to the Falcons.

Denver is a good team and it was a great win, regardless what happens next week.

If you thought that about Denver then good for you but most did not feel that way and they definitely don't now if they did. Denver is without question the 3rd best team in their division. KC and Raiders are much better teams. This is Siemian's 2nd year and he's a nobody. He basically handed us that game. Just like us QB play is Denver's achilles heel. Neither of us can compete with the teams with QB's

If you thought that about Denver then good for you but most did not feel that way and they definitely don't now if they did. Denver is without question the 3rd best team in their division. KC and Raiders are much better teams. This is Siemian's 2nd year and he's a nobody. He basically handed us that game. Just like us QB play is Denver's achilles heel. Neither of us can compete with the teams with QB's

I'm not sure Denver is the third best team. I think the Raiders will have a tough time winning in Denver and their defense is crap. And No way Siemian handed us that game. The defense took it and Tyrod played great.