Denver Gift

Irv

Very happy about the outcome of the game. But Denver really screwed up.

1. Failed fake punt - dumb
  2. Interception #1 - awful
  3. Interception #2 - even worse
  4. Von Miller penalty - freebie from the zebra

I liked the outcome because normally we are the ones doing dumb things or not getting calls. But have you seen two worse interceptions than the ones Trevor Siemian made? That was sandlot worthy. Who does a fake punt in that situation? The Miller penalty was a no call. I also doubt that when the winds start blowing we are going to see two 53+ yard field goals again.

Good coaches like the Hoodie and QB's like Matt Ryan and Tom Brady do not make those kind of mistakes. Need to see more before buying Super Bowl tickets.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

Edited by Badthingsman

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is saying their Super Bowl contenders after this win?

Yeah the Miller was a freebie but the Charles TD run was an egregious hold that wasn't called. Instead of a TD, they are backed up 10 yards.

Washington's hands weren't in the offensive lineman's face. That was a freebie for Denver.

Haushka made those field goals with about 10 yards clearance.

You're acting like the Bills had all the calls and Denver didn't.

Bottom line, we won comfortably at the end.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Even though the word is that Von Miller & Tyrod are friends (and Miller was joking around), in the eyes of the Ref,

it was definitely "unsportsman-like conduct". Assume Miller didn't know TT and did that gesture as shown. It was bad judgment and unprofessional.

15 yards - carry on!

I think the point the OP is making is although we played well, Denver made a ton of dumb uncharacteristic mistakes and without those maybe it's a different outcome. So pump the brakes on us being a good team all of a sudden. It's a long season and we haven't even played the tough teams yet

Even though the word is that Von Miller & Tyrod are friends (and Miller was joking around), in the eyes of the Ref,

it was definitely "unsportsman-like conduct". Assume Miller didn't know TT and did that gesture as shown. It was bad judgment and unprofessional.

15 yards - carry on!

Agree. The refs are supposed to try to curb behavior that could lead to more trouble ... and that looked like an action on Miller's part that could have escalated into something nasty later.

One thing I'm wondering about is how much of a role the heat and humidity played in seeming to take the fight out of the Broncos defense in the second half. I was expecting that D to come out roaring, but it just wasn't anything like the defense in the previous two games ... and it was worse in the second half.

It gets hot in Denver, but the city generally has low humidity. It's also at a high elevation, which is always a plus for Denver at home. I would think that the humidity and higher air pressure because of the lower elevation might have been somewhat draining on the Donkeys, especially their front seven as the game progressed.

This was a great win against a solid team. Im not gonna diminish it. You can point to five or six moments that swing most games. The Jets win was irrelevant. We were a nine point favorite. One of the most meaningless wins I can remember. This was totally different. We were underdogs. We looked totally mismatched against their defense yet we got the job done. Hopefully this year is different and this team uses this win as a springboard. Gift from Denver. Nope. Im having none of that. We kicked their a$$. Period. Exclamation point.

Before the calls starting going our way there were a few against us that were complete BS. As far as I'm concerned there were blown calls that went both ways.

It irks me that people are making such a big deal of the Von Miller penalty. Sure it was huge but it didn't win us the game, we were ahead by that point and our defense was playing really well obviously. Even if we don't get points and run the clock down there they don't get an automatic win if that call isn't made.

The refs didn't hand us a win if that's what you're thinking. Denver played poorly but we also played well and we're improving on both sides of the ball.