ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

Thanks! My son was accepted at UW-Madison and the University of Minnesota, but he couldnt pass up the generous scholarships and opportunities at The University of Alabama. He had a wonderful experience there and has a great job as a software engineer in LA. I went one or two games a year at Bryant Denney when he was there. Its quite an experience.

:) :) :) Coach Saban even said that this comment was a bit much and that he should have quit at just the word poison. :)

The Tide has the best pair of safeties I have ever seen on a college team at the same time. Ronnie Harrison is a monster, and gets better each week. He is listed at 6'3"/215 but he plays stronger than most linebackers.

And did you check out the true freshman DE Labryan Ray (#89)? If he stays healthy he is well on his way to greatness. The kid is tossing people around as he is FILLING IN for an injured Jon Hand.

As I said, I expected a lot less from the defense and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

One thing I have learned during the Saban era, never underestimate the Bama D. Some seasons are better than others, but even a "bad" Saban D is still damn good.

Definitively loving me some Ronnie and MINKAH!!

But speaking of freshman, how about Tua? Good God is that kid scary.

One thing I have learned during the Saban era, never underestimate the Bama D. Some seasons are better than others, but even a "bad" Saban D is still damn good.

Definitively loving me some Ronnie and MINKAH!!

But speaking of freshman, how about Tua? Good God is that kid scary.

I honestly don't think the Tide would suffer if Hurts is injured.

I honestly don't think the Tide would suffer if Hurts is injured.

Hurts doesn't make too many mistakes, and he can kill you with his legs, but Tua can really light it up. It will be interesting to see what happen next year after Tua has a years experience under his belt. They are both great kids. Tua is certainly fun to watch.

Do you guys think Hurts will be a good NFL QB?

CBF

He has enough of an arm and as SD said above, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He also stays calm under all circumstances and is a superb athlete. I can't visualize the kid ever getting into trouble, and he is smart.

That said, he will need a lot of work to be a drop back NFL passer. I think it is possible but not a sure thing.

Do you guys think Hurts will be a good NFL QB?

CBF

At this stage, no. If he was to enter the draft at the end of the year, I doubt he would even be drafted (a late round practice squad project would be the best case scenario).

From what I read, he is driven and a perfectionist, and still has a couple of years to work on his game.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Bama didn't play well and suffered costly injuries. They came through and won 24-10, and the score would have been even more lopsided if 3 clear pass interference calls were made against LSU. Even the master hater Gary Danielson admitted that these were horrible calls. Luckily, those who filled in for the injured players played quite well. Minkah Fitzpatrick hurt his hamstring and still saw a bit of action, but frankly I hope that they keep him out next week. The punter actually made a huge difference. He had booming kicks with amazing hang time.

The Tide needs to improve, lick their wounds, and continue listening to their coaches. If they do these things they still have a decent chance but this is going to be one very tall task, even for Saban.....the best coach in the history of college football.

PS: Sincere condolences to PSU and OSU Fans. I didn't see much of Penn State but did catch some of the OSU game, which made no sense to me.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Last night Bama didn't play well and suffered costly injuries. They came through and won 24-10, and the score would have been even more lopsided if 3 clear pass interference calls were made against LSU.

Meh. The officials let 'em play.

Even the master hater Gary Danielson admitted that these were horrible calls.

:lol:

After every Bama game, I go on the opponents boards and Bama boards.

Bama boards bitching about Danielson sucking up to the other team or players.

Opponents board bitching about Danielson slobbering over Bama or their players.

I like Danielson as a color guy. Does a nice break down of plays and tends to be balanced in his coverage.
If the game becomes a blow out, of course his coverage will reflect that.

He will at times become obsessive about a player or team, and that can be quite annoying.

Nothing like watching a Bama v LSU game and listening to Danielson rave about Tebow.

I actually miss Verne and his quirkiness.

Minkah Fitzpatrick hurt his hamstring and still saw a bit of action, but frankly I hope that they keep him out next week.

Hell, if possible, I want Minkah to stay out of the game until the Iron Bowl. I want him nice and healthy for that game.

The loss of the LB's Hamilton and Wilson is far more troublesome.

QB Stidham did not develop into the great savior Awbie fans were hoping for,  but Auburn has developed a potent running attack with Pettaway and Johnson.

If the Bama D can't keep that under control, Stidham is capable enough to not :censored: up to lose the game.

Edited by Cynical

Seriously, how many of you thought the Crimson Tide was going down last night?

They almost did. Dan Mullen is smart. He ordered his offense to take their time and let the clock almost run out between plays. This was a brilliant strategy to limit mistakes. You can't make mistakes and defeat the Crimson Tide.

No doubt, Miss. State is good and their quarterback is big, strong and very effective. They played their hearts out and deserve praise and respect imo.

Time for the Bama players to lick their wounds, practice hard, and continue to listen to the greatest coach in the history of college football.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.