ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

3 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

1. WAY TOO EARLY to worry about recruiting rankings.

2. Besides, this is "unpossible". I read on here when Georgia took the #1 ranking this past year, that was a sign that Bama's slide down has begun.

3. Did I mention it was WAY TOO EARLY to worry about recruiting rankings?

This National Champion Alabama Team had no less than 12 players drafted, and this does of course not count our 2 (and I don't know how many other) udfas. I'm unsure if this has ever happened before.

I am NOT making a statement that the Crimson Tide will win #18 in 2018. They need to stay healthy, etc. I do however think that the Tide offense will be better this year at every positional group. Maybe a lot better.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

And people wonder why recruits choose to go play for Bama ...

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-football-lapping-the-field-at-turning-5-stars-into-first-round-picks-117872125

On 4/29/2018 at 6:25 PM, Bill from NYC said:

This National Champion Alabama Team had no less than 12 players drafted, and this does of course not count our 2 (and I don't know how many other) udfas. I'm unsure if this has ever happened before.

IIRC, OSU still holds the NCAA record with 14 players drafted. 12 was the highest by one school this year, and the highest in Bama history.

I am NOT making a statement that the Crimson Tide will win #18 in 2018. They need to stay healthy, etc. I do however think that the Tide offense will be better this year at every positional group. Maybe a lot better.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Tua continues to develop and plays up to his potential, complimented by a Saban D, the SEC will be a Crimson blood bath this year.

Edited by Cynical
  • Like (+1) 1

Whew only one team paying players out there. That's good news. Well Clemson has been to the playoffs 3 years in a row they must be paying players....of course there is Oklahoma they've been in the playoffs a bunch they must be paying. Guess all the teams that suck must not be paying players. Their coaches are better than Saban. Bama is known for being the state with the most money in it. Must not be any crooked rich people in NY. Otherwise Syracuse would be awesome! According to your theory.

Edited by Bfanlc
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Have a feeling Bama is about to have two qbs transfer. Hurts and Jones. We will have 6 qbs on the roster with the new commit.

I don't mind Hurts going. I was never a fan of him being the starting QB anyway and was amazed he lasted as long as he did last season

On 5/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I don't mind Hurts going. I was never a fan of him being the starting QB anyway and was amazed he lasted as long as he did last season

I've always been pulling for Hurts. But I think it was painfully obvious 2016 that a better qb wins us a national championship. He just hasn't developed. Tua is now the man.

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

Sky, was the staff asleep????

ND lands #1 ranked punter from 2019 class and he's from Tuscaloosa.

https://www.uhnd.com/recruiting/commits/notre-dame-lands-1-ranked-jay-bramblett/

Guess Nick and Crew don't value a punter since they seldom need one.  Great fit for the Irish who punt a lot ?

Coach Saban does value punters. Our last one was a star. I'm pretty sure they have an incoming freshman or current player and am not sure what happened in this instance.

It has however been a while since they had a good place kicker.  :(

UA racks up more chanpionships sand awards.

https://www.ua.edu/news/2018/06/ua-students-win-regional-robotics-competition/

https://www.ua.edu/news/2018/05/uas-ecocar-3-team-finishes-strong/

On 5/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Coach Saban does value punters. Our last one was a star. I'm pretty sure they have an incoming freshman or current player and am not sure what happened in this instance.

It has however been a while since they had a good place kicker.  :(

Going to miss JK Scott. The new place kicker looked good in the A-Day game.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.