ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

I don't hate Bama but I do love when Auburn beats them. So maybe I do hate Bama, I just don't put too much effort into my dislike for them. I used to do that with Notre Dame because my ex went there. I would tune in just to watch them lose. Other than that I have no affiliation with a team. Lately I've just been watching the QB's that are draft eligible so UCLA, USC, OK St, OK

I see Bill's "if Saban had just had Brees he'd have won a Superbowl" line got another outing. Plenty of coaches who you can say that about IMO.

Saban is certainly a genius college coach and a tremendous recruiter. He was JAG in the NFL, he knows it and he won't come back. Part of me would like to see him try but I think 'Bama is his last job.

So far this season 'Bama and Clemson continue to look a class apart from what I have seen. Clemson's QB went out last night though. Could it even threepeat as the Championship game?

I see Bill's "if Saban had just had Brees he'd have won a Superbowl" line got another outing. Plenty of coaches who you can say that about IMO.

Yes, plenty of coaches could say that, but you are not understanding what Bill was referring to.

When Brees became a free agent, that's the guy Saban wanted.

Saban and the Dolphins would of had Brees if it wasn't for the stupidity of the Phins medical staff.

Brees failed the Phins medical exam.

Stop and think about that for a moment. If the Phins had cleared Brees shoulder, the Bills would have faced Brady and Brees twice a year for the past 10 years.

Saban is certainly a genius college coach and a tremendous recruiter. He was JAG in the NFL, he knows it and he won't come back. Part of me would like to see him try but I think 'Bama is his last job.

The only thing Saban will leave Bama for is retirement. He has admitted he has been approached by NFL team since he left the Dolphins and he told them no.

So far this season 'Bama and Clemson continue to look a class apart from what I have seen. Clemson's QB went out last night though. Could it even threepeat as the Championship game?

Yes, plenty of coaches could say that, but you are not understanding what Bill was referring to.

When Brees became a free agent, that's the guy Saban wanted.

Saban and the Dolphins would of had Brees if it wasn't for the stupidity of the Phins medical staff.

Brees failed the Phins medical exam.

Stop and think about that for a moment. If the Phins had cleared Brees shoulder, the Bills would have faced Brady and Brees twice a year for the past 10 years.

The only thing Saban will leave Bama for is retirement. He has admitted he has been approached by NFL team since he left the Dolphins and he told them no.

It was like clockwork. The game was a little close at the end and out come the jealous and the haters. :) :) :)

It's all good.

I love how they are looking this year.

Great win yesterday!

CBF

CBF, I didn't have complete faith in the Tide this year because they lost just so many great players on defense. But they are a totally different team this year. This offense is MUCH better than they were last year. I'm not kidding, they have 6 excellent running backs, great receivers, very good blocking and the best #2 quarterback in America. And of course, the best coach in the history of college football.

I'm still not fully convinced about this team but Saban teams get better as seasons progress. And obviously, the Clemson loss was huge. I'm happy tonight. :)

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

CBF, I didn't have complete faith in the Tide this year because they lost just so many great players on defense. But they are a totally different team this year. This offense is MUCH better than they were last year. I'm not kidding, they have 6 excellent running backs, great receivers, very good blocking and the best #2 quarterback in America. And of course, the best coach in the history of college football.

I'm still not fully convinced about this team but Saban teams get better as seasons progress. And obviously, the Clemson loss was huge. I'm happy tonight. :)

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Bill!!

Roll Tide!!

CBF

It was a rat poison weekend, wasn't it? Clemson, Wash St, Auburn ...

It was a rat poison weekend, wasn't it? Clemson, Wash St, Auburn ..Things change rapidly but things are going well for the Tide right now.

:) :) :) Coach Saban even said that this comment was a bit much and that he should have quit at just the word poison. :)

The Tide has the best pair of safeties I have ever seen on a college team at the same time. Ronnie Harrison is a monster, and gets better each week. He is listed at 6'3"/215 but he plays stronger than most linebackers.

And did you check out the true freshman DE Labryan Ray (#89)? If he stays healthy he is well on his way to greatness. The kid is tossing people around as he is FILLING IN for an injured Da'Shaun Hand.

As I said, I expected a lot less from the defense and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Another great win today boys! Looked a little sloppy out there early on but regrouped nicely

CBF

It was a strange game imo. Yes, they were awfully flat in the first half but they are catching many much deserved breaks this season. The last 2 qbs the Tide faced were brand new, and Bryant Denney Stadium is NOT the place to start your career.

Now, they play LSU after a bye and might even get Da Shaun Hand back in the lineup. The best teams they will play lie ahead. Is this team as good as last years? On defense, I am thinking no way, except the secondary. Is the offense better. Yes, I think they are better and much, much deeper.

I am not going to talk any smack. There are several teams that I have a lot of respect for, but I can't say that any frighten me. It will be fun!

My son graduated from UA in May with his BS/MS in Computer Science.

I have been a fan since he started there four years ago,

My father was born in Alabama and I'm a life long fan. Since Coach Saban came to town the school has grown by leaps and bounds academically. Kid from all over NYC and Long Island are trying to attend.

Best of luck to your son, and ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.