ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

On 12/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Great signing by the Crimson Tide!!! If this 5th ranked overall player in the 2023 class can develop and stay healthy,  it looks like they will be in strong shape with this kid and JC Latham at OT. They also signed a few 4 star guards, one in particulr I am fond of, Miles McVay. 

It would appear that Saban focused heavily on both lines which is really a big need at this point.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/Article/Kadyn-Proctor-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-football-recruiting-commits-five-star-Nick-Saban-200978991/

Feels to me like Saban is going back to his tried and tested to me. If I think about those really dominating Alabama teams they were built in the trenches and the players that came out and went to the NFL and were successful were linemen (with a fair smattering of DBs). Recent years you have produced multiple NFL starting Quarterbacks and top end receivers but maybe haven't been as strong on the lines. 

I wonder a little bit if they adjusted to compete with Clemson who definitely were better than you at the skill positions for a little run there and then in doing that kind of allowed Georgia to sneak up with the old Alabama model of being stout up front on both sides and winning games in the trenches. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Feels to me like Saban is going back to his tried and tested to me. If I think about those really dominating Alabama teams they were built in the trenches and the players that came out and went to the NFL and were successful were linemen (with a fair smattering of DBs). Recent years you have produced multiple NFL starting Quarterbacks and top end receivers but maybe haven't been as strong on the lines. 

I wonder a little bit if they adjusted to compete with Clemson who definitely were better than you at the skill positions for a little run there and then in doing that kind of allowed Georgia to sneak up with the old Alabama model of being stout up front on both sides and winning games in the trenches. 

You may be correct. Our LT this season (Steen, a transfer from Vanderbilt) was good to adequate. Every previous LT in recent memory was excellent. Bama has a good center and a very good RT who will probably play the left side in 23. Our departing guards were nothing to scream about. 

This was also the first time in memory that Bama was weak up the defensive middle. This too will change, along with some 5 star pass rushers.

There will be 4 talented kids competing for the QB spot. My top pick is a sophmore named Ty Simpson. 

Next season will be interesting.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2022 at 6:18 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Great signing by the Crimson Tide!!! If this 5th ranked overall player in the 2023 class can develop and stay healthy,  it looks like they will be in strong shape with this kid and JC Latham at OT. They also signed a few 4 star guards, one in particulr I am fond of, Miles McVay. 

It would appear that Saban focused heavily on both lines which is really a big need at this point.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/Article/Kadyn-Proctor-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-football-recruiting-commits-five-star-Nick-Saban-200978991/

Alabama and Ohio State are  poster children for everything that is wrong about collegiate football.

2 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Alabama and Ohio State are  poster children for everything that is wrong about collegiate football.

Ooh, another awe inspiring, thought provoking, uber intelligent s**t post.

Tell us, if the Bills went on a 15 year streak of domination, winning multiple SB to the point where everybody else in the NFL fan base hates them, are you going to sit around and lament about how the Bills are the poster child for everything that is wrong about NFL football?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, Cynical said:

Ooh, another awe inspiring, thought provoking, uber intelligent s**t post.

Tell us, if the Bills went on a 15 year streak of domination, winning multiple SB to the point where everybody else in the NFL fan base hates them, are you going to sit around and lament about how the Bills are the poster child for everything that is wrong about NFL football?

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Season/2023-Football/Commits/

Not to shabby!!!!! If half of these kids develop we wil be a powerhouse.

PS: Add CJ Dippre - TE from Maryland in the transfer portal! :) . :) 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Cynical said:

All over the sports news, Bama DC has accepted the same position at Ole Miss.

Got to admit, I am somewhat on the fence on this.

Great recruiter, but it was quite apparent his defenses tended to under perform.

His defensive lines have not been so strong recently. I think that Saban will bring in Pruitt as a "consultant."  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bama's newest Cordinators

OC - Tommy Rees- OC for ND for the past 3 years. Kelly wanted Rees to follow him to LSU. Rees declined.

DC- Kevin Steele- Returns to Bama again. 3rd times a charm? Stop gap? For who then?

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Citadel, Uriah State, La-Monroe and Austin Peay scare the heck out of Dabo.

Saban has continuously called for an all SEC schedule. As far as teams outside the SEC, most teams refuse to play the Crimson Tide. You of course are too consumed by jealousy and hate to see this but it's no big deal at all. There are many other simarily closed minded, myopic, hate filled people in the world. You are far from original.

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Saban has continuously called for an all SEC schedule. As far as teams outside the SEC, most teams refuse to play the Crimson Tide. You of course are too consumed by jealousy and hate to see this but it's no big deal at all. There are many other simarily closed minded, myopic, hate filled people in the world. You are far from original.

Good luck.

Jealousy?  I think you’re mistaken.  I’m just ahead of the curve.  

While you see that the SEC is the center of the galaxy known as college football, your criticism of the other conferences is misguided.  Think of them as if they were star clusters from the outermost edges to the areas near the SEC center.  Once you view it that way it will become clear.

Although it takes time, these clusters will inexorably move closer to and become part of, the center known as the SEC.  What you fail to realize for now is that once this happens, there is further consolidation to take place.  Why put up with schools inferior to the true center…..the black hole if you will…..Alabama?  Everything one day must be absorbed so there is only one unified galaxy that is Alabama.

It is pointless to be jealous, angry, argumentative or any other emotion that resists the undeniable fact that sooner or later, everything that exists in the galaxy of college football will be sucked into Alabama.  Even the disdain and snobbery Alabama fans harbor for all else will become pointless.  All of those wasted emotions will simply disappear along with everything else into the singularity.  Spacetime will cease to exist in the inevitable oneness that is the Crimson Tide.  The singularity.

As is true with the astronomical galaxies, there are going to be many violent collisions and much strife along the way, but make no mistake, Sagittarius A* and Alabama cannot be denied.  Hopefully for you, maybe the torment and death that takes place as college football collapses in upon itself will disproportionately impact defensive backs.  They deserve it anyway.  Still, that remains to be seen.  

I make no predictions about the strength of the grand and glorious Alabama football program when it has to do battle with the real galaxy, but as long as Saban is calling the shots, Sagittarius A* better be prepared.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Jealousy?  I think you’re mistaken.  I’m just ahead of the curve.  

While you see that the SEC is the center of the galaxy known as college football, your criticism of the other conferences is misguided.  Think of them as if they were star clusters from the outermost edges to the areas near the SEC center.  Once you view it that way it will become clear.

Although it takes time, these clusters will inexorably move closer to and become part of, the center known as the SEC.  What you fail to realize for now is that once this happens, there is further consolidation to take place.  Why put up with schools inferior to the true center…..the black hole if you will…..Alabama?  Everything one day must be absorbed so there is only one unified galaxy that is Alabama.

It is pointless to be jealous, angry, argumentative or any other emotion that resists the undeniable fact that sooner or later, everything that exists in the galaxy of college football will be sucked into Alabama.  Even the disdain and snobbery Alabama fans harbor for all else will become pointless.  All of those wasted emotions will simply disappear along with everything else into the singularity.  Spacetime will cease to exist in the inevitable oneness that is the Crimson Tide.  The singularity.

As is true with the astronomical galaxies, there are going to be many violent collisions and much strife along the way, but make no mistake, Sagittarius A* and Alabama cannot be denied.  Hopefully for you, maybe the torment and death that takes place as college football collapses in upon itself will disproportionately impact defensive backs.  They deserve it anyway.  Still, that remains to be seen.  

I make no predictions about the strength of the grand and glorious Alabama football program when it has to do battle with the real galaxy, but as long as Saban is calling the shots, Sagittarius A* better be prepared.

Sorry that you had to go through all that.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Citadel, Uriah State, La-Monroe and Austin Peay scare the heck out of Dabo.

Nah, Clemson played the Citadel back in 2020.

They have also played UConn and Furman in recent memory.

And look, Clemson does have that power house Charleston Southern on their 2023 schedule.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I get the feeling that over at Clemson, Dabo is just fine with his pansy ass schedule and wants no part of the SEC.

Do you agree?

Honestly, can't say.

He has some success against SEC teams, so he may not care.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.