ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

Tough game on the road for the Tide.  Glad to see B Robinson really coming into his own in a game like that - can't help but wonder what he would have been like at Ohio State.  I had forgotten that Gary Patterson is now an assistant head coach at Texas; his fingerprints were all over that defense performance yesterday. With the talent and coaching on that team, they should be ranked.  The end of that game reminded me of AJ McCarron's big comeback at LSU years ago. 

20 hours ago, Westside said:

Looking forward to having my Bulldog’s being ranked No.1.

Good thing they were playing a mediocre Texas team.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!

And well deserved.

I am not in any way glad that Alabama played so poorly, but I will not miss the early season #1 ranking. The Tide players (coached by Saban or not) played as if they were all great and unbeatable. Now, it would seem like these same players have quite a bit to prove. 

I think that Saban was right about "rat poison."

17 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Tough game on the road for the Tide.  Glad to see B Robinson really coming into his own in a game like that - can't help but wonder what he would have been like at Ohio State.  I had forgotten that Gary Patterson is now an assistant head coach at Texas; his fingerprints were all over that defense performance yesterday. With the talent and coaching on that team, they should be ranked.  The end of that game reminded me of AJ McCarron's big comeback at LSU years ago. 

Wasn't their starting QB also from Ohio State? He too seemed to be very talented before he went down.

Teams like A&M get their ranking inflated because of the three letters "SEC" this season.

Top to bottom, SEC isn't any better than any other conference at this point. Texas, who has been the joke of the Big XII for over a decade, was one safety away from winning that game. A&M loses at home to Appy State. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Ole Miss, Kentucky and UGA might be the best 3 teams in the SEC this year. 

They also might not be. Arkansas looks pretty good too and would probably stand out in any other conference.

One point that I wish to make is that NIL has changed things. I have made the point many times that football is a hard game to play when you have a million in cash in your pocket. How motivated would you have been at age 18 or 19 to get hit by Reuben Foster (I'm totally thinking that you know who he is)?

Many kids are getting paid BEFORE they even get to school. Not only that, they are free to leave when they choose to and get money from another school. My point is, it will be harder even for great coaches like Saban to get these kids to be willing to do the things necessary to be winners on the field and in life.

Don't get me wrong, other coaches can and do face the same problems. It is hard for me to predict what will happen.

As for Alabama, they played a horrible game. The stunk up the field last season against Auburn too. Then they came back and beat up Georgia with a less talented team than this one at most positions, to include the entire defense. I don't expect them to collapse with all of that talent down there, as well as the GOAT coach.  That said, Saban has many issues to deal with as we speak.

As always, thanks for the dialogue.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:59 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Wasn't their starting QB also from Ohio State? He too seemed to be very talented before he went down.

Yes, Quinn Ewers was at tOSU for a short time before transferring to Texas.  He appears to be a prodigy but nobody has really seen him play since his junior year of high school.

I want to welcome all the trolls who suddenly found this thread after Bama stumbles.

How convenient.

But if I do say, this smells a little like 2015.

Starting QB Jake Coker was benched early in the year because of poor play.

Bama lost to Ole Miss because they insisted on giving the ball back to OM 5 times.

Pundits were claiming the Bama dynasty was over, fans of other teams were gloating at the Bama fortunes.

How did that work out?

Still 10 games to go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, Cynical said:

Still 10 games to go.

Make that 9 LOL.

I know that the competition was weak but Alabama needed to work out a few kinks, and it would appear that they did. 

The running game was amazing. They had 273 yards between 8 players with none of them gaining 100 yards. Some freshman that even I never heard of (Jamarion MIller)  had over 51 in 4 carries. 

Brian Branch is developing into a game changer at safety. Will Anderson is probably the best player in college football. 

There is a lot more to do, but things do look a little better.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/18/2022 at 7:13 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Make that 9 LOL.

I know that the competition was weak but Alabama needed to work out a few kinks, and it would appear that they did. 

The running game was amazing. They had 273 yards between 8 players with none of them gaining 100 yards. Some freshman that even I never heard of (Jamarion MIller)  had over 51 in 4 carries. 

Brian Branch is developing into a game changer at safety. Will Anderson is probably the best player in college football. 

There is a lot more to do, but things do look a little better.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be attending the Vandy game. I will keep you up to date on my scouting report.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Ole Miss, Kentucky and UGA might be the best 3 teams in the SEC this year. 

Here I was praising Oklahoma State for agreeing to play Alabama down the road. Now, I heard on Sirius that they chickened out of playing Oklahoma. 

I mean Oklahoma does hold the edge in this matchup (90-19-7) and holds an 8-2 edge in their last 10 meetings, I get that. However, is that a reason to punk out of a huge rivalry? Do they want all cupcake opponents due to the 12 team playoff?

What's up?

Edited by Bill from NYC

On 9/22/2022 at 7:05 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Here I was praising Oklahoma State for agreeing to play Alabama down the road. Now, I heard on Sirius that they chickened out of playing Oklahoma. 

I mean Oklahoma does hold the edge in this matchup (90-19-7) and holds an 8-2 edge in their last 10 meetings, I get that. However, is that a reason to punk out of a huge rivalry? Do they want all cupcake opponents due to the 12 team playoff?

What's up?

Would Alabama play Oklahoma State and USC the same season non-conference? How about Michigan and then play Oregon? Same year.

OU left for the SEC, I don't blame them AT ALL. If Oklahoma State had that chance (which they probably eventually will when we go to like 4 super conferences), I'd bolt in a heartbeat. 

Why should OSU bend over backwards to schedule OU along with our future games? We have 4 of the next 5 seasons set with non conference. So lets pretend we do add OU every year when our schedule isn't full... here's the non-conference foes:

Oklahoma 

Oregon

Tulsa

Alabama

Oklahoma

Tulsa

2032 & 33

Arkansas

Oklahoma

2034 @ 35

Nebraska

Oklahoma

2036 & 37

Oklahoma

Colorado

No thanks. Does NOTHING for Oklahoma State to schedule Alabama and OU the same year, or Arkansas and OU. Gundy said he could see it happening in 2030, when we only have Tulsa right now. 

This was a great analogy for this whole thing (and don't get me wrong, I don't want Bedlam to end, but I get why OSU isn't going out of their way to please OU. How it's on the OSU program, it's comical):

OU: I'm leaving you for someone else

OSU: Fine, bye.

OU: Maybe sometimes we can hookup.. like on weekends?

OSU: No, bye. 

OU: I can't believe you're ending this relationship. 

On 9/21/2022 at 8:35 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Thanks! They are putting in a freshman at Guard who is supposed to be good. I also have very high hopes for Jaheen Otis at Nose. Not a fan of DJ Dale (#94).

Have a great time!

Update: game was over before the first quarter. Got extremely drunk. Screamed along with Dixieland Delight.

10/10, National Championship bound imo

• 2 months later...

Great signing by the Crimson Tide!!! If this 5th ranked overall player in the 2023 class can develop and stay healthy,  it looks like they will be in strong shape with this kid and JC Latham at OT. They also signed a few 4 star guards, one in particulr I am fond of, Miles McVay. 

It would appear that Saban focused heavily on both lines which is really a big need at this point.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/Article/Kadyn-Proctor-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-football-recruiting-commits-five-star-Nick-Saban-200978991/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.