ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dabo is on the trail just as much as Saban 

And they started winning again.. because saban is a great coach, who taps into one of the wealthiest men in Alabama

Paul Bryant Jr 

He's got other wealthy Alabama men as well..

I love Alabama but it's the truth.. they're not the only school doing it 

This goes back to the '70s and '60s for Alabama.. are you native to Alabama and grew up there? It's not new 

You just need a high caliber coach to tap into that.. because you still need the coach and maintain the talent

I don't doubt what you are saying to the extent that I am not qualified to. In fact, I consider it a privilege to be able to discuss these things with you. Pleae remember, while I don't have your vast knowledge of college footbll in it's entirety, I do know a bit about the Crimson Tide.

One of the things I know is that not everybody is cut out to attend Alabama. MANY players (Marcel Dareus and Eddie Lacey to name 2) have openly stated that when the got to the NFL, workouts were MUCH easier. Players in Tuscalossa are busting their a$$ big time! I make the case that most of them know this before they get to Alabama.

Another big misconception is that Alabama recruits dumb players. The truth is that Saban defenses (according to countless players) are more complicated than most in the NFL. If you listen to players such as Damien Harris, Mac Jones, Najee Harris and a host of others speak, these are very smart young men.

I am not claiming that every player is a Rhodes Scholar, but I woud bet money that our players are above the norm compared to other teams.

My point is that I don't think that coming to play football at Alabama is all about players getting paid. Players have a MUCH better chance at success for numerous reasons, some of which I listed above.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't doubt what you are saying to the extent that I am not qualified to. In fact, I consider it a privilege to be able to discuss these things with you. Pleae remember, while I don't have your vast knowledge of college footbll in it's entirety, I do know a bit about the Crimson Tide.

One of the things I know is that not everybody is cut out to attend Alabama. MANY players (Marcel Dareus and Eddie Lacey to name 2) have openly stated that when the got to the NFL, workouts were MUCH easier. Players in Tuscalossa are busting their a$$ big time! I make the case that most of them know this before they get to Alabama.

Another big misconception is that Alabama recruits dumb players. The truth is that Saban defenses (according to countless players) are more complicated than most in the NFL. If you listen to players such as Damien Harris, Mac Jones, Najee Harris and a host of others speak, these are very smart young men.

I am not claiming that every player is a Rhodes Scholar, but I woud bet money that our players are above the norm compared to other teams.

My point is that I don't think that coming to play football at Alabama is all about players getting paid. Players have a MUCH better chance at success for numerous reasons, some of which I listed above.

Of course their are a lot of reasons to go to Alabama ..

The best coaching in the world... Some of the best facilities...  The chance to grow under Nick Saban

I don't think they recruit dumb players.. definitely need to be an intelligent football player to play for Nick Saban

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

A Crimson Tide playoff spot this season would be one of the biggest accomplishments of Saban's great career.

Has any team ever lost as much in one season? I am talking about a GREAT QB, 2 all world receivers, perhaps the best RB in the NCAA, a fantastic team leader at Center, their best corner, their best defensive lineman, a starting TE, their offensive coordinator, OL Coach and Lord knows who else. Oh and i get it.....they do have 4 and 5 stars coming in, but they are still unproven.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the defense (when healthy) will be better than last season. They might even have as many as 8 (perhaps more) LBs who range from very good to perhaps the best defensive player in the NCAA (Will Anderson #31). The secondary is better and deeper than last year and the DL is about the same.  Still, college football, as much as the NFL is an offensive game and I cannot imagine the Tide offense being even almost as good as 2020. I truly can't.

In any event, I am ready and wish good luck to all who post on this page. I hope that your teams play well and remain healthy. :) 

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

Looks like LB Chris Allen is gone for the year.

LB To'o To'o appears to be ok.

Happy for the win, but it could been an ugly way to start the season.

Meanwhile, over at LSU, Orgeron was again showing his classy side:

Orgeron is looking like the LSU version of Chizik.

At least Chizik was not a azz clown like this guy.

Edited by Cynical

I was unhappy with the play calling by O'Brien. Very unhappy, and it started on the first drive. It was 3rd and 2 and he called a pass which was unsuccessful. What was he trying to prove? Even if they ran and didn't make it, it would have killed some time. Mercer would have had less time to chop block Alabama defenders. In fact, Mercer actually WON the TOP 30.09 -29.51. This was inexcusable imo.  They could have run the ball more and won the game easily.

O'Brien is calling plays up in the air. If Kiffen was on the field doing this, Saban would have ripped him a new one imo. I hope that he gets better soon because he will have to.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Beast said:

That game (Auburn) was something. If Bama doesn't bring their A++ game against Georgia, they won't have a chance. 

More like A++++ with some voodoo thrown in. Hoping UGA pulls a Kirby.

The Bama o-line is just brutal.

And I am still not impressed with O'Brien.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cynical said:

And I am still not impressed with O'Brien.

Nor am I but what I need to keep telling myself is that we are weaker at virtually every offensive position. For instance, last season Evan Neal was our RIGHT Tackle!!!! Landon Dickerson was a monster at center. Every receiver was better, Najee was twice as good as all of the current RBs, combined. The receivers were just about the best ever and Mac was THE perfect QB for that team. I must however admit that Bryce is better than Mac would be on this team.

Given the above, I thought that the defense would be clearly superior to last year's unit. It has NOT been, although it looks as if they are getting better at the right time. Will Anderson FULLY belongs in the Heisman conversation and freshman Dallas Turner is looking really good on the other side. The DL played what was easily their best game last night. 

The only way for us to possibly beat Georgia is to force mistakes and turnovers on defense and for Bryce (and of course Saban) to work their magic. I expect Bama to be getting at least 7, and it would be a far bigger number if Saban was not taken into account. I mean, how many points will bettors want to spot Nick Saban?

As always, jmo (but a strong one lol).

On 11/28/2021 at 6:41 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Given the above, I thought that the defense would be clearly superior to last year's unit. It has NOT been, although it looks as if they are getting better at the right time. Will Anderson FULLY belongs in the Heisman conversation and freshman Dallas Turner is looking really good on the other side. The DL played what was easily their best game last night. 

The Heisman is generally considered an Offense award, and Bryce Young is definitely a contender.

Without BY, Bama is watching the SECCG, not playing in it.

On 11/28/2021 at 6:41 AM, Bill from NYC said:

The only way for us to possibly beat Georgia is to force mistakes and turnovers on defense and for Bryce (and of course Saban) to work their magic. I expect Bama to be getting at least 7, and it would be a far bigger number if Saban was not taken into account. I mean, how many points will bettors want to spot Nick Saban?

You said it. It happened.

Pick 6 to boot.

Defense looked solid this game.

So did the Oline.

All the young guns starting to jell, and stepping up.

Even if Bama does not win the NC this year, the foundation to next years team is looking bad ass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:11 PM, Cynical said:

The Heisman is generally considered an Offense award, and Bryce Young is definitely a contender.

Without BY, Bama is watching the SECCG, not playing in it.

You said it. It happened.

Pick 6 to boot.

Defense looked solid this game.

So did the Oline.

All the young guns starting to jell, and stepping up.

Even if Bama does not win the NC this year, the foundation to next years team is looking bad ass.

That is SO true. 

They might have a problem at OLB next season. Chris Allen was hurt in game 1. He is a star and of course Anderson (perhaps the best college player) is only a sophmore. Freshman Dallas Turner looks excellent and will not want to sit. Drew Sanders and Braswell are 5 stars. I can't imagine all of them staying.  Again Allen is GREAT but it might actually help us if he goes to the NFL. We will almost certainly lose at least 1 of these kids to the transfer portal.

A QB is coming in from Tennessee. He is ranked #42 in the country but I think he should be WAY higher. He and Milroe backing up Bryce is not hard to take. :) 

2 hours ago, Cynical said:

Both are most deserving of these awards. Bryce needs to win the Heisman and Anderson should have been a finalist. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.