ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

Najee is a very tough player to rank. It is even hard to compare him to other backs, but I will try.....

1) He has the size of Eric Dickerson but not the blazing speed.

2) He doesn't have the power of Derrick Henry (who does), but has better moves. 

3) He appears to be great at seeing holes ala Thurman but Thurman hit them faster.

4) He is a great and fearless blocker (much like Thurman).

5) He is a very hard worker, smart, and a calm kid.

6) He developed into an excellent receiver.

He will go in the first round. Passing today is MUCH more important that running so it will probably be late first round. Would he be a good fit for the Bills? Think about it.....he would gain yards on the ground and in the air. He would also provide excellent blocking for Josh. To top it off, he was coached by Daboll. Will he be there when the Bills select? I don't think so because I see us winning the Super Bowl. Seriously.

If he IS there when we pick, yes, I would consider him. There is a different Alabama player coming out who I consider to be a 100% perfect fit for the Bills. I will get into this more after the season. I hope that at least one of them is available at 32.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Najee is a very tough player to rank. It is even hard to compare him to other backs, but I will try.....

3) He appears to be great at seeing holes ala Thurman but Thurman hit them faster.

He will go in the first round. Passing today is MUCH more important that running so it will probably be late first round. Would he be a good fit for the Bills? Think about it.....he would gain yards on the ground and in the air. He would also provide excellent blocking for Josh. To top it off, he was coached by Daboll. Will he be there when the Bills select? I don't think so because I see us winning the Super Bowl. Seriously.

If he IS there when we pick, yes, I would consider him. There is a different Alabama player coming out who I consider to be a 100% perfect fit for the Bills. I will get into this more after the season. I hope that at least one of them is available at 32.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a tribute to Saban that the players who stay even when they have an opportunity to leave a year sooner get better and improve their draft rankings. I will never begrudge a player leaving the college ranks early because of the risk of injury and loss of earning potential. That's an individual decision. But those players who stay when they could have moved on usually end up being in a better situation. Najee is an example of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

It's a tribute to Saban that the players who stay even when they have an opportunity to leave a year sooner get better and improve their draft rankings. I will never begrudge a player leaving the college ranks early because of the risk of injury and loss of earning potential. That's an individual decision. But those players who stay when they could have moved on usually end up being in a better situation. Najee is an example of that. 

The above is 100% true.  It will be intresting to see what happens with Jalen Waddle in 2021. Jalen is every bit as dangerous as Davonta Smith. I'm serious. He is a full step faster and has better moves. Davonta has better hands and jumps higher. 

Jalen suffered a pretty serious ankle injury and has missed most ot the season. If he was healthy, both of them would be top 10 picks. I am as sure of this as I can possibly be. I can't say how high he will go coming off an injury but if he stays in school and is healthy, Jalen will be the best non-quarterback in the NCAA and wide receiver or not, might even go first in the 2021 draft.

• Like (+1) 1

The above is 100% true.  It will be intresting to see what happens with Jalen Waddle in 2021. Jalen is every bit as dangerous as Davonta Smith. I'm serious. He is a full step faster and has better moves. Davonta has better hands and jumps higher. 

Jalen suffered a pretty serious ankle injury and has missed most ot the season. If he was healthy, both of them would be top 10 picks. I am as sure of this as I can possibly be. I can't say how high he will go coming off an injury but if he stays in school and is healthy, Jalen will be the best non-quarterback in the NCAA and wide receiver or not, might even go first in the 2021 draft.

Bama has been cranking out the receivers. What Saban has belatedly done the past few years is get good passing qbs who are more than game managers and who can maximize the talents of the scintillating receivers they have had. To his credit Saban has grown as a coach in the sense that he has been willing to bring on OCs who he hasn't had a prior association with who are creative and are a lot less conservative than he used to be on the offensive side of the ball.  

I'm more interested in what happens with Waddle in 2020 than in 2021 as rumors are swirling about his return for the national championship game next week!

Also, I agree with the above comments about staying in school versus coming out early. Programs owe it to their athletes to provide a well-researched and candid assessment of their likely draft position and a honest recommendation about whether they should stay or go. It's fun when good player comes back for another year of skill development and leadership, and their draft position improves as a result. It's also important to be able to say goodbye to a top-five or top-ten pick and let them go make their well-earned money. Bama does this as well as any school, which I think is a big reason why top recruits are lined up to go there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

I'm more interested in what happens with Waddle in 2020 than in 2021 as rumors are swirling about his return for the national championship game next week!

Also, I agree with the above comments about staying in school versus coming out early. Programs owe it to their athletes to provide a well-researched and candid assessment of their likely draft position and a honest recommendation about whether they should stay or go. It's fun when good player comes back for another year of skill development and leadership, and their draft position improves as a result. It's also important to be able to say goodbye to a top-five or top-ten pick and let them go make their well-earned money. Bama does this as well as any school, which I think is a big reason why top recruits are lined up to go there.

Thanks for this great post. Saban actually meets individually with eligible juniors and honestly tells them where they are projected to go in the draft by numerous good sources. He often tells them to enter the draft, but I don't know how many people believe this. He fully supported Tua leaving because he knew how much guaranteed money he would have been passing up. We got very lucky with 3 star Mac Jones. 

A surprising number of players enter early forthe draft (and even the transfer portal) and are not selected. They mention this every now and then on Sirius ESPNU. 

Jalen Waddle was cleared to practice. If this kid is 100%, he is going to pose MAJOR prolems to OSU, as he would any team. Now, I don't even know if it is possible for him to be 100%. I don't think anybody does, but; I sure do hope that he gets a chance to play on 1/11.

The kid is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who haven't seen him:

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:39 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I’m hoping that this mystery Bama player that fits the Bills in the first is a corner.  Pleeeeeeeeeease.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:39 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Ok if the mystery player can’t be a corner can it be a run stuffer?

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ok if the mystery player can’t be a corner can it be a run stuffer?

Interesting.

If you watch the game tonight, you might want to check out Christian Barmore (#58). He is a redshirt sophmore, so this makes him draft eligible. He is listed as 6'3/310 and he is VERY quick. He has 7 sacks on the year and many tackles on running plays. He is at least as good vs. the run as he is a pass rusher. The kid provides constant pressure. He is a street kid from North Philly. Saban suspended him once this year for the 1st quarter of a game and wouldn't say why. Make no mistake, the kid is a predator, a vicious tackler.

Now, I am not sure where he will grade out in the draft. I personaly think that he would be better off staying in school for another year. He doesn't have THAT much experience. I know that is easy for me to suggest that he waits a year for the big money, but look at what happened with Davonta Smith, Najee Harris, and perhaps the most underrated OT in the NCAA, Alex Leatherwood. These guys made themselves untold millions by staying another year.

That said, I think that he will come out. It might take him some time to develop, but it might not. I'm not qualified to really make that call. If he keeps his head on straight, he can be a star in the NFL. The kid is a huge talent. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Warren Sapp.

16 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Interesting.

If you watch the game tonight, you might want to check out Christian Barmore (#58). He is a redshirt sophmore, so this makes him draft eligible. He is listed as 6'3/310 and he is VERY quick. He has 7 sacks on the year and many tackles on running plays. He is at least as good vs. the run as he is a pass rusher. The kid provides constant pressure. He is a street kid from North Philly. Saban suspended him once this year for the 1st quarter of a game and wouldn't say why. Make no mistake, the kid is a predator, a vicious tackler.

Now, I am not sure where he will grade out in the draft. I personaly think that he would be better off staying in school for another year. He doesn't have THAT much experience. I know that is easy for me to suggest that he waits a year for the big money, but look at what happened with Davonta Smith, Najee Harris, and perhaps the most underrated OT in the NCAA, Alex Leatherwood. These guys made themselves untold millions by staying another year.

That said, I think that he will come out. It might take him some time to develop, but it might not. I'm not qualified to really make that call. If he keeps his head on straight, he can be a star in the NFL. The kid is a huge talent. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Warren Sapp.

I see what you mean about Barmore.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.