ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

As I already said, no one feels sorry for Bama, NOR SHOULD THEY. But let’s not be intellectually dishonest and act as though the injury situation the last couple of years have had no effect on the on-field product. 

Good grief, eliminate just the injury at QB this season alone, and y’all would all be crying about Bama being back in the playoff. AGAIN.

Tua's injury was a pin in the balloon for everyone.

I was very disappointed, I can't get into watching LSU or Georgia unless a top-flight Bama is opposing them....   :(

It was good fortune they have gone this many years without this happening prior.

i don't care what teams are in the playoffs, i just want the best ones there, and hopefully healthy stars who WANT to play

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

so even with a playoff of 8 Bama wouldn't have made it in from the polls?

can they ask everyone who voted Bama 10th or worse if they honestly believed that any team outside the top 4 could still be in the game at halftime with them on a neutral field?

the laughter never stops....

Edited by row_33

• 1 month later...

Just read that Najee Harris is returning to school for his senior year. Trey Sanders is all set to return from his injury, and his blazing speed will be a perfect compliment to Najee's power. The Tide has not fielded a really fast RB in a few years. They will still have tremendous wide receivers, and a strong OL. They have skill and depth at QB.

On defense, both ILBs are returning along with most of the secondary. They (imo) need to improve at Nose and pass rush. If they do, this team might be special.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Just read that Najee Harris is returning to school for his senior year. Trey Sanders is all set to return from his injury, and his blazing speed will be a perfect compliment to Najee's power. The Tide has not fielded a really fast RB in a few years. They will still have tremendous wide receivers, and a strong OL. They have skill and depth at QB.

On defense, both ILBs are returning along with most of the secondary. They (imo) need to improve at Nose and pass rush. If they do, this team might be special.

Heard today Freddie Roach is coming home to coach the DL. This will pay dividends particularly in recruiting. I was hoping Bo Davis might be returning (and still hope so), but this is a great consolation prize. Now if we can move Golding to an off-the-field role....

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This great receiver actually stayed in school, and will be playing with Jaylen Waddle and other stars this season. I wanted him to be on the Bills in 2020.

Maybe next year.....

What was most impressive about the above clip was not the receiver's talents so much as the throws. Tua doesn't have a cannon of an arm. But his accuracy and ball placement are exceptional. What increases his chances to make the adjustment to the pro game is that he decisively knows where to go with the ball and quickly releases the ball. It's going to be interesting to watch both Burrow and Tua in the pro game. I think both of them are going to excel. If Tua better adapts to the pro game it shouldn't be much of a surprise. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

What was most impressive about the above clip was not the receiver's talents so much as the throws. Tua doesn't have a cannon of an arm. But his accuracy and ball placement are exceptional. What increases his chances to make the adjustment to the pro game is that he decisively knows where to go with the ball and quickly releases the ball. It's going to be interesting to watch both Burrow and Tua in the pro game. I think both of them are going to excel. If Tua better adapts to the pro game it shouldn't be much of a surprise. 

Trent Dilfer has a QB school and said that Tua is the smartest young QB he has ever seen (words to this effect).

As you can well imagine, I have seen every play that Tua was involved in at the college level. I too have great expectations for him, and truly do hope that Belichick doesn't somehow work out an insane trade and get him up to Foxboro. That would just plain suck.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Trent Dilfer has a QB school and said that Tua is the smartest young QB he has ever seen (words to this effect).

As you can well imagine, I have seen every play that Tua was involved in at the college level. I too have great expectations for him, and truly do hope that Belichick doesn't somehow work out an insane trade and get him up to Foxboro. That would just plain suck.

You bring up an interesting issue. Assuming Miami covets Tua do they risk another team jumping ahead of them in the draft if they stay at their current drafting position, the five spot? Washington is in an interesting position where they could auction the second pick for a qb needy team and collect a bevy of picks to address a number of their needs. The conventional wisdom in the Md/DC/Va area is that they are going scan the market and then probably decide to draft DE Chase Young at their current drafting spot. 

I doubt Belichick will give up what it takes to move up to get Tua. That is not to say that he wouldn't covet him. I can't recall him ever giving up a boatload of picks to make such a bold draft maneuver. His history demonstrates that he is more inclined to move down and collect more picks or give up picks for picks in the next year. 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, JohnC said:

You bring up an interesting issue. Assuming Miami covets Tua do they risk another team jumping ahead of them in the draft if they stay at their current drafting position, the five spot? Washington is in an interesting position where they could auction the second pick for a qb needy team and collect a bevy of picks to address a number of their needs. The conventional wisdom in the Md/DC/Va area is that they are going scan the market and then probably decide to draft DE Chase Young at their current drafting spot. 

I doubt Belichick will give up what it takes to move up to get Tua. That is not to say that he wouldn't covet him. I can't recall him ever giving up a boatload of picks to make such a bold draft maneuver. His history demonstrates that he is more inclined to move down and collect more picks or give up picks for picks in the next year. 

https://tdalabamamag.com/2020/03/24/former-super-bowl-champion-says-whoever-takes-tua-tagovailoa-wins-the-nfl-draft/?fbclid=IwAR3DlhEo2EAtovtKbUbP3K3_4ZVLc5Qu9OJ2NMTRIDoWT4jOLPSZvNARv5Y

I thought that you might find this to be interesting. I mentioned before how much Dilfer likes him.

The sky is the limit for Tua.

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://tdalabamamag.com/2020/03/24/former-super-bowl-champion-says-whoever-takes-tua-tagovailoa-wins-the-nfl-draft/?fbclid=IwAR3DlhEo2EAtovtKbUbP3K3_4ZVLc5Qu9OJ2NMTRIDoWT4jOLPSZvNARv5Y

I thought that you might find this to be interesting. I mentioned before how much Dilfer likes him.

The sky is the limit for Tua.

Thanks for the link.

I'm a believer that one of the most important attributes a qb has to have to successfully make the leap from the college to the pro ranks is the instincts. You can't teach it if you don't have it. J. P. Losman is a classic example of a qb with tools but a lack of instincts that couldn't be elevated even with intensive coaching and effort.  I believe that both Burrow and Tua have it. The third ranked qb by many analysts is Herbert. He is the most physically imposing of all the prospects. But there is a mechanical aspect to his game that lowers my evaluation of him. That is not to say that I don't think he can be successful as a pro because he certainly has the tools. But the question about him is whether this academically high achiever has the required instincts that the other two qbs appear to have. 

I'm not suggesting that Tua is going to be a Tom Brady who may be the greatest qb in the history of the game. But he has some of his traits such as accuracy, touch, ball placement, a quick read and release that should allow him to make the transition to the pro game. And as you know as well as anyone with your knowledge of the Bama program and players he is a sterling person with a drive to be the best. The package is all there. The issue is whether he is durable enough to deal with the punishing pro game. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I couldn't open it. :(

I have a feeling that this kid might be a fairly decent player for the Crimson Tide...….

Gotham Bill, I thought you might like this Washington Post article by Iiz Carpenter on Tua and his secretive and rigorous training with Dilfer. Tua is talented and committed. That's why he is going to be a tremendous success in the pros. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/08/tua-tagovailoa-secret-draft-workouts-trent-dilfer/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Gotham Bill, I thought you might like this Washington Post article by Iiz Carpenter on Tua and his secretive and rigorous training with Dilfer. Tua is talented and committed. That's why he is going to be a tremendous success in the pros. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/08/tua-tagovailoa-secret-draft-workouts-trent-dilfer/

That was an amazing article John. Those were some crazy compliments in the end as well.

Remember, Tua came to Alabama because he felt like the exposure might get him a better contract so he could build a church for his dad, who is a minister. Saban, not the most affectionate type, gets misty eyed just talking about Tua. One time Tua actually put his arm around Saban who looked uncomfortable but didn't move away lol.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

That was an amazing article John. Those were some crazy compliments in the end as well.

Remember, Tua came to Alabama because he felt like the exposure might get him a better contract so he could build a church for his dad, who is a minister. Saban, not the most affectionate type, gets misty eyed just talking about Tua. One time Tua actually put his arm around Saban who looked uncomfortable but didn't move away lol.

What demonstrated to me how special he is as a person beyond his exhausting and excruciating training is that he carved out some private study time in the coach's office to work on his academics in an already very full day. He also didn't go on social media to publicly promote what he was doing. He's a genuinely humble kid who was in a grand position to brand himself for future business promotional reasons. He promised not to do it, and he kept his word. What he did instead is grind it out every day. Compare how Tua conducted himself to Robert Griffin III who was more interested in branding and promoting himself before he ever accomplished anything. In the end substance will trump style!  

Edited by JohnC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.